The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ Enter Shinichi ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
“I wonder if Astrid can really beat Lovely at a cook off? If she's as good as she claims then Astrid's got a lot to worry about.” Azmara said as tossed a hat at Misami. The blue haired girl shook her indigo curls at her best friend. She had faith in her man. Lovely was going down. Even if she had to pull a few tricks of her own during the cook off. “Trust me, Astrid's going to win one way or another Az.”
 
“Missy it wouldn't be right for him to raise hellfire to win. That's cheating. If he's gonna win he should do it fairly. If he's gotta cheat then that only proves that he couldn't beat her to begin with.” Azmara clarified.
 
“Yeah yeah whatever, pass me those shoes with the sparkling strings. I think they'll look good on you. Thank goodness for credit cards! Platinum or black?”
 
“I'd say black.”
 
Lovely stood behind Azmara and Misami with sweet smile on her face. For some old reason she was dressed in a school uniform. She didn't live in Japan so what was the reason of her wearing one? Along with the uniform she was wearing a pretty blue hat that matched the skirt of the uniform. “Hello Azmara and Misami. It's wonderful to see you on such a glorious afternoon. Mommy and Mr. Bayashi are having lunch with Miss Hanogi. I'm so happy that she allowed us to have the competition there. Mr. Bayashi's old business partners are going to be coming to the restaurant that night.” Lovely said.
 
“That's cool. We'll be there too. We'll be cheering for Astrid.”
 
“That much I know. Come now let's be friends ladies. It would be fun.”
 
Misami was about to decline but Azmara dropped a box of shoes on her foot. “Of course we'd love to hang. Maybe you could show us some of your cooking techniques.” Azmara said. Azmara only had the intention of trying to be friends with Lovely but Misami saw it as an opening to see what she was bringing to the table. She quickly agreed to hang out with her. “All right then. My driver is outside. He'll take us to my suite. Come let's go!!” Lovely took Azmara's hand and led her into her limo. The driver took them but to hotel where Lovely was staying. Her mother and Jin's uncle had gone out, leaving the apartment up to her. It was unlike anything Azmara had ever seen. The kitchen was separate from the dining room, the bathroom had a shower and tub, three rooms with a king size bed, the family room had a pool table, a bar and a plasma screen tv. “Mr. Bayashi said I can use the bar if I decide to have a party. Sodas only though. The pool table is for everyone to use, there's lots of food in the kitchen and-”
 
“We're so hungry!! Do you think you can make something for us? Friend, buddy, pal, girlfriend!”
 
With each word Misami came closer to Lovely giving her no choice but to back up even further. “Um, Misami can I breathe? Please?”
 
“Oh sorry.”
 
Lovely sighed and walked to into the kitchen. While she was gone Misami nudged Azmara's side. “We're gonna get that menu of hers one way or another.” She whispered.
 
“I don't think that's right Missy. She invited us over because she wants to be friends. Maybe we she give her a chance.” Azmara whispered back.
 
“Traitor!”
 
“Hey guys. I thought maybe we'd eat sandwiches and some cookies. The cookies I made myself.” Lovely brought a tray of cookies and sandwiches then finally brought in a pitcher of freshly squeezed lemonade. Azmara was delighted but Misami was far from impressed. Lovely passed herself off as an iron chef and all she could come up with was a tray of lunch meat and cookies?!?! She had some friggin' nerve.
 
“I know you probably think it's stupid but sandwiches kinda make me feel a little easy. I love looking down at cities. Makes me feel like I could fly. You know, New York City is just as beautiful. Maybe when if I wasn't such a bitch Astrid would like to come visit. It would be awesome if you guys came too. I'd new friends to show around. What do you think Azmara?”
 
Misami was completely wrong. Lovely had a heart of gold. She was sweet, cheerful and loved to talk. Azmara and Lovely had engaged in a conversation about their hometowns. It seemed Lovely had taken up Japanese classes from her love of anime. She learned some from Jin's uncle and tried to write in the foreign language. Eventually she'd given up. “Lovely can I ask you a question without you getting offended?”
 
“Sure go on.”
 
“Your… well… I've been wondering about your hair. Is it… well..”
 
“Actually it's not real. Some women cut their hair off and donate it to hair companies. My hair is braided then the weave is sown in. Do you want to see?” Lovely showed Azmara where the weave was sown in. “That's amazing.”
 
“I know, isn't it?”
 
As the two girls laughed Misami sighed in boredom that caught both girls' attention. They looked at her then back at each other. “It's getting late. I can drive you home.”
 
It had been a great day for Lovely. She dropped both Azmara and Misami off at Misami's then drove for home but instead she stopped at the Sakura Café. She hoped to see Astrid but he had taken off. “My Jin's gone home. You must be Lovely. I'm Hanogi Aori.” Hanogi shook Lovely's hand and led her to a table. “Would you like something to eat?”
 
“Just coffee and cake please.”
 
Hanogi had one of her waiters fetch Lovely's order while they sat together. As they Hanogi reached for Lovely's hand. “It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Aori. I hope I said it right.”
 
“You did.”
 
“Oh all right. I'm so speechless. I've always wanted to visit Japan and now I'm in the grandest city in this whole country. Tokyo must be as magical as I've read.”
 
Hanogi smiled to Lovely. If only she knew how magical their city really was. It wasn't everywhere that a group of preteens, teenagers and adults banded together to fight off evil. “You have no idea how magical our city really is, my dear. Tokyo is a city of wonders. There are things here that you may never see anyplace else.”
 
“I'd like to see it. I want to know all the secrets of Tokyo and I'd never tell a soul. I've always wanted to travel. Coming here has got to be one of the greatest things that have happened to me.”
 
Hanogi could see that Lovely purely had a heart of gold. She was definitely a trustful girl. When they had finished eating Astrid had come back to help close up shop. Lovely had even offered to help. When they finally closed Astrid drove Hanogi home. “You have a beautiful home Hanogi.”
 
“Thank you. I have my maid living here with me. She's out at the moment.”
 
As Hanogi began walking toward the house Astrid felt something. Something was not right. He grabbed Hanogi and Lovely's arm and jumped up with them in his arms. “Grandma, protect Lovely.”
 
“Be careful dear.”
 
Astrid left Hanogi and Lovely standing on the rooftop while he jumped down. As he waited he heard the sound of shoes clicking. He prayed it wasn't another woman. But out of the shadows walked a very handsome man. He was dressed as a handsome prince with a crown atop his silver mane and a sword at his side. “Good evening. I assume you are the one known as Astrid.” He said.
 
“Yeah I am. Who are you?”
 
“Prince Shinichi. I was sent by Raion to find the Sage of Shadow but I could care less of that worthless ingrate. Your death is all that matters. Come, your grave waits for you.” Shinichi said as he drew his sword. Astrid knew that his sword was going to be a problem. He had to figure out a way to get it away from him. Astrid darted out at Shinichi but missed him when he danced to the sword. He danced his way away from Astrid's attacks and finally struck him in the chest with his sword. “No Astrid! Hanogi wait here I'm going to help him.”
 
“Lovely you-”
 
“I'll be okay. Wait here!”
 
Lovely climbed down from the rooftop and found Astrid trying to push Shinichi's sword back with his bare hands. “Astrid!!”
 
“Lovely stay back!!”
 
Shinichi looked over at Lovely and immediately his eyes were glued to her. Never had he seen someone so beautiful. Astrid took the chance to shove Shinichi and hit him directly with his Flameshot attack. Shinichi was not angry. He simply threw his silver tresses over his shoulder, dusted off her clothes and approached Lovely. Astrid tried stop Shinichi by surrounded him with raging flames but the prince passed them unharmed and sent them back at Astrid. “What have you done to him?! You bastard!!” Lovely ran at Shinichi and hit him directly in the jaw. Lovely didn't want to give Shinichi the chance to react. She jumped up and took him out with a kick to his neck, sending him to the ground. “Ha! That year of karate paid after all. I know you're not down for the count so get your ass up ya pansy!” Lovely waited for Shinichi to rise but he only opened his eyes. “You're so beautiful.”
 
“… Wha?”
 
Shinichi stood up and took Lovely's hand. “Your hands are as soft as silk. You must be a goddess on earth.” Shinichi attempted to kiss Lovely's hand but she snatched it away and back handed him. “Don't try to sweet talk me. I don't know who you are but poetic lines aren't going to excuse you for what you've done to my friend!” Lovely said. Shinichi was about to say more when he saw Astrid stand up. “I hope to see you again Lovely girl.”
 
“The next time I see you I'm gonna hand you your ass!”
 
Lovely ran over to help Astrid up straight and as she did Hanogi appeared by their side. He asked Lovely to put him down so that she could heal him. “Heal? I don't understand what's going on but sure. Who was that guy and why was he hitting on me? And how did Astrid do that stuff?” Lovely asked.
 
“Lovely it's kinda a long story but-”
 
“Perhaps I can explain things over to you.”
 
Lovely nodded a yes to Hanogi. After tonight she was going to need all the explanations she could get. As Lovely helped Astrid inside she noticed the rose petals falling from the sky. Shinichi was standing atop one of the houses with rose petals flowing from his palm. “I'll see you soon my sweet. Sooner than you think.”