The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ Lovely Retaliates ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
“So this Shinichi attacked you last night but didn't attack Lovely because she's beautiful? Well that makes hella sense.” Azmara said as continued to drink her tea from upside down on her ceiling. “Yeah. I couldn't believe it either but it happened dude. I may not like Lovely but she's still human. She doesn't deserve to get sliced down. Or maybe she does.”
 
“Astrid!!”
 
“Sorry.”
 
Everyone released a sigh after Astrid's comment. It wasn't funny. Lovely was caught up in their mishap and now she was going to need protecting. “Azmara darling. Lovely is here to see you.” Mrs. Toyama called from outside of her room. Lovely stepped into the room, thanked Azmara's mother and closed the door. “Look Lovely, we're sorry you're caught up in this mess. But we're gonna be watching you.”
 
“Azmara you can cut the bullshit. I don't need any of you watching my back. Especially not Misami and Astrid. Both of you are fake as hell and I don't want to be around fake people. So you can just back the fuck off.”
 
Everyone was taken by Lovely's anger. Here they were trying to help her fight something that she couldn't fight alone and here she was declining their help. Shinichi would capture her within seconds. Azmara jumped down from the ceiling and tried to reach for Lovely's hand but she snatched it away. “I mean it! Don't come near me. I don't want your help.”
 
Lovely bolted from the room while Azmara and her friends looked on stupefied. How could Lovely decline to their help? She stood no chance against Shinichi. “Link, can you please track Lovely down and talk to her? I need both you and Michiru to go.” Azmara begged.
 
“Of course. Let's go Link, we don't have much time.”
 
Link kissed Azmara's hand before disappearing with Michiru. She would have nothing to worry about. He was good with negotiation. And with Michiru's kindness he wouldn't have any problems talking to Lovely. They disappeared outside of Misami's house and began their search for Lovely. They checked with her mother but she wasn't home, then to the Sakura Café but finally found Lovely in a park sitting on a swing. Link was preparing to approach her but Michiru held him back. She was singing a soft, beautiful melody. Michiru knew very well what song she was singing. Her niece once sang that song. “Wasurenai yo.”
 
“Your Japanese isn't bad but it needs work. I can teach it to you if you want.”
 
Michiru approached Lovely but stopped a few feet away when she shot up from her swing. Michiru did not want to use violence to solve their problem and would remain calm no matter what Lovely did. “I said I didn't want your help! God don't you people listen? Back off me.”
 
“Lovely please there is much we have to explain. You don't know what my friends and I have endured. The average human would have died if they were to experience it. Lovely I beg you listen to me!”
 
Lovely pushed Michiru aside and darted for the park exit but Link grabbed onto her arm. “Why are you guys following me?”
 
“Because I can see that your spirit carries a heavy burden Lovely. Please, let me look into your spirit.”
 
Lovely didn't understand what Michiru spoke of but she wasn't willing to listen. Unfortunately for her, Link's grip was unbreakable. She was unable to escape Link's grip or Michiru's hand upon her heart. She froze completely as she fell into a comatose state with no life in her eyes. ::: Show me the burdens you carry Lovely. :::
 
::: I don't want to. I hate to talk about them because they hurt me terribly. No one knows what it's like to grow up with very little friends and tortured by everyone. It hurts… it really hurts. And what Misami did… she's just like the others. :::
 
::: I want to be your friend Lovely. You don't have to carry the pain anymore. I am your friend. :::
 
Michiru opened her brown eyes to see that Lovely was crying even in her coma. The hurt was too overwhelming but now she didn't have to carry it. She had a friend to care for her, a friend to tell all her sorrows to and a friend who would give her a shoulder to cry upon. Lovely blinked her brown eyes and looked into Michiru's eyes. The nurse was holding her arms out to welcome her into an embrace. Lovely hesitated for a moment then rushed into Michiru's arms. “All I wanted was a friend who'd love me as I am.”
 
“Don't worry. I care for you Lovely. Let Link and myself protect you Shinichi.”
 
Lovely nodded as yes as she rested her head on Michiru's shoulder. It felt good to have someone care for her as a friend. Someone wanted to be her friend. Not because she could cook, not because she was wealthy but because she was herself. “My, my, fancy meeting you here Lovely.”
 
“Shinichi!! You bastard what do you want now? Why don't you go fornicate with your rose petals?”
 
From above Shinichi smiled handsomely to Lovely, Link and Michiru. The nurse and Hero of Time stood in front of Lovely to protect her while Shinichi approached them. “Lovely, my dear Lovely. A pretty girl like you would fit nicely as a wife to a handsome prince. Come our future together waits.” Shinichi extended his hand to Lovely but Link drew his sword. He was not going to let him take Lovely away. Link charged at Shinichi with his sword in hand and engaged in a fight with Shinichi. Link fought carefully against Shinichi and as the sweat trickled from her brow a cool grin of satisfaction settled on Shinichi's lips. “Rise up and surround my enemy! Sands of the Sahara!” Michiru summoned a sandstorm to cover Link and Shinichi. She had hoped that it favored Link but just to be sure she ran ahead. “Lovely get out of here. Shinichi will not follow as long as we hold him here. Go!!”
 
“But! I can't let my friends fight alone. I'll fight too. I just hope I'm not too rusty.”
 
From within the sandstorm Link and Shinichi dashed at one another, swinging their blades at one another. Finally Link was able to cut Shinichi but not without receiving a wound of his own. Shinichi made a diagonal slice on Link's back. Michiru ran to help Link but Shinichi caught her wrist and slapped her to the ground. “Lovely… where are you?”
 
“I'm right here!! Ya!!!”
 
Lovely swung a ten foot, two inch pole at Shinichi and knocked him off his feet. “I've done guard for two years sweetheart so a pole is my best friend. Stripping no spinning yes. I even learned how to spin without silk. And now, hit!” Lovely grasped on end of the pole, spun around and swung it across Shinichi's face. As he backed away she twirled it in front of her, left to right. Shinichi carefully dodged the pole but was unable to dodge it when she jammed it on his foot. “You're not doing as well as I had hoped my dear. Come on!!” At that moment, Lovely made the mistake of throwing her pole at Shinichi. He had easily stopped it with a flash of his hand and sent it back to her. Lovely gasped when she saw the pole come flying at her. She was unable to catch it and was hit directly in the forehead.
 
“Ahh!!! Michiru…”
 
“Come to me my darling.”
 
Before Shinichi could get to her, Link had swung his sword as if it were a golf club and sent Shinichi flying forward with the same cut on his back that he had given Link. The Hero of Time gathered up Lovely up and ran over to Michiru. The Sage was still unconscious. There was no way he was getting away with them alive. Shinichi was coming now. “You will not take my princess.”
 
“Din's raging fire!!!”
 
A shower of fire rained over Shinichi and gave Azmara time to wrap her arm around Link, Michiru and Lovely. “Farore's Wind!!”
 
And within seconds Azmara, Link, Michiru and Lovely had disappeared. Shinichi stood up angrily. He wanted Lovely now and would not settle for anything less. He would do whatever it took.
 
Back at Astrid's apartment, Astrid had brought Hanogi over to heal Lovely. As they waited Azmara had ordered that Misami, Astrid and Theo keep watch for Shinichi. He would find and kill them if it meant having Lovely. Why was he so taken by her? Was she another Sage? It could have been possible. “Azmara!!! He's here!!”
 
“I'll stay in here and guard Hanogi.”
 
Misami, Astrid and Theorello rushed outside and took on Shinichi. Their battle had made an explosion of lights that could have been seen from afar. Azmara's and Misami's parents watched on in worry of their children. “My baby is out there! We must find them. They could be caught in the middle of this!” Azmara's mother rushed to find her daughter but Namie held onto her. She promised to send their security to find both Azmara and Misami. Still it didn't quell the fear in her heart. “They have to hurry and find Misami before the danger reaches her.” Namie whispered.
 
“Flame Dancer!!”
 
“Rage of Poseidon!!”
 
“Holy Wrath!!”
 
Theo, Astrid and Misami unleashed their new attacks on Shinichi but even those were not able to stop him. The three stood together with very little options on their hands. They had to do something. “Time's running short for you all.” Shinichi said teasingly. He Cut Astrid's throat and slit Theo's stomach. The two fell leaving Misami alone fight Shinichi. “Astrid!!! Astrid!! No!!!”
 
“Misami!!!”
 
Shinichi thrusted his sword at the blue haired girl but his sword had punctured Misami's maid. Namie had come just in time to throw herself in front of mistress. Misami looked down in shock as Namie struggled to keep her grip strong on Misami's hand. “Don't die on me Namie. Please, I need you here.”
 
“Misami… Misami… I don't think…”
 
“No!!! No!!!”
 
“Misami!! Shinichi has taken Azmara and Azalea!!!”
 
Link ran to Misami's side while Hanogi looked on in grief. She was unable to do anything to protect her grandson or his friends. What could she do? “Oh three goddesses. There isn't much I can do. Please make my next choice a choice that will bring us closer to victory.” Hanogi said as she turned to Lovely.