The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ Return of The Princess ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: *Singing* Last night I couldn't even get an answer. I'm sittin here with this blank expression and the way I feel I wanna curl up like a child. All right here we here chapter twenty three! Wow this is the longest story I've ever written. Hm, interesting. Yayness!
 
 
 
 
Hanogi had never seen so many injuries in one day. She was able to heal her grandson and his friends but she was not able to heal them fully. “What's wrong Hanogi? Are you all right?” Lovely asked. The American girl had awakened due to the sound of Misami's crying. When she had seen what happened to Astrid she immediately tried to help stop his bleeding. Hanogi was able to stop his bleeding but she was unable to close his wound. “Lovely, Hanogi can't heal Astrid and Theo fully. I'm very concerned about her.” Michiru told her. Hanogi had hid the fact that she had had a stroke a while back. She never told Astrid only Michiru and made her swear never to tell Astrid. Hanogi loved her grandson dearly but if she were to tell him of her stroke he would go astray from his task at hand. “What are you going to do Hanogi?”
 
“When I confided in Michiru I had only one choice. I've been thinking it over for quite some time. I want to hand my power down to you Lovely.” Hanogi took Lovely's hands and squeezed them gently. She saw how speechless the girl was as well as anxiety in her eyes. “If you don't want this Lovely-”
 
“It's not that I don't want it it's just that I don't know if I can handle the pressure. I was never the most reliable person in the world. Are you sure you want to pass your power onto me?”
 
Hanogi could have been anymore certain. Lovely was going to do well harnessing her power until she got well. She promised the girl that it would only be temporary. Still, she didn't know whether or not she could handle such pressure. At the time, it wasn't the best time to think, Azmara and Azalea had been captured and now Shinichi had the upper hand. He paced back and forth holding a chain with a violet colored orb attached to it. That orb held the soul of Azmara Toyama.
 
“This is amusing but why not take the medallion from Azalea now?” Raion asked as he ran two fingers up and down Azmara's pod. She looked so much like Zelda as she slept. Anyone could mistake her for the princess that was slaughtered a hundred years ago. There was still a mystery behind that girl but he didn't know what. “I see you have Azmara's soul with you.”
 
“Yes, about that soul of hers. She won't need it anymore. In fact, after she loses it she isn't going to want to return. I'd like to tell you what's going to happen to her but we'll have to wait for company to come. Knowing their love for Azmara and Azalea they will be coming soon.” Shinichi said as he walked towards a pair of double doors. From behind Raion could see what it was that Shinichi had stored behind the double doors. He grinned as he looked at the asset that was going to destroy Link and Azmara. “It will take time for the poison to settle in but eventually Link and Azmara will die from it.” Shinichi promised.
 
Misami held Namie's hand tightly as she waited for Lovely. She was still speaking with Hanogi and Michiru. Time was wasting and her best friend's life was hanging in the balance. Lovely had to make a choice and she had to do it soon. Shinichi was unpredictable and he could do anything to Azmara. “Maybe sending Lovely can't be the best choice. If what you told me true then perhaps she could be a sage as well. That'd be giving Shinichi and Raion what the want right?” Namie asked weakly.
 
“Yeah it would be but we don't have a choice. We need all the power we can get. If Hanogi transfers her power to Lovely then maybe, just maybe we can fully heal you. You, Astrid and Theo. Just hang in there Namie. I'm going to see what's happening.” Misami left Namie's side to speak with Hanogi but when Link's door opened Lovely stepped outside. “Lovely!”
 
“She's going with you. Her mind's made up.”
 
Lovely nodded and walked over to Astrid and Theo. She kissed her hands then blew the kiss to both Astrid and Theo. The kiss took on the form of pink sparkling dust that fell over the two. As the dust sprinkled over them, Lovely approached Namie and ran a hand over her body. The wound had closed completely. “It worked. I did it! Hanogi it worked! Thank you so much.” Lovely hugged both Michiru and Hanogi but now was not the time to celebrate. “It's time to go Lovely. We have to find Azmara and Azalea.” Link took Lovely's hand and was slapped on the back by Astrid. The red head and the dance instructor had forbid him to go without them. “We're in this all the way man.”
 
“As am I. It's my job to protect Misami so don't tell me I can't come. I'm already involved.” Namie pushed the teal colored hair away from her eye and placed her hands on her hips. She was not going to let Misami go anywhere without her knowing. She refused to let her go. “Namie can come with us Link. I'll protect her. All right everyone let's join hands and find our friends!” Lovely exclaimed. She took the hands of her friends so that she could teleport them from Astrid's apartment. She searched the world for Azmara's aura but mysteriously, she wasn't on the earth. She was somewhere else. Strangely, she had found a portal just outside of the earth's atmosphere. She teleport everyone through the portal and found herself lying on the ground. “Lovely, are you ok?” Link helped Lovely up off the ground. When she stood up she dusted her uniform off as she looked around. “Wow that was one hell of a trip. I don't think I'd choice this exact spot for a vacation. I mean, look at it. This place looks like hell on a platter.”
 
“You said it Lovely. Whoever comes here on there vacation seriously needs a range check. Come on Link you agree right? Right? Hero Earth to Hero of Time. Are you in there? Step away from the light.”
 
“Misami please! This is my world. This is Hyrule.”
 
Misami and Lovely squealed in disbelief. This wasteland couldn't be Link's precious Hyrule that he often spoke of. The skies were black, the grass was lifeless and the castle that stood before them was desecrated. Namie turned to Michiru to see that the nurse was doing something magical. “Michiru…”
 
“There's no life here Namie. There is very little life in this world. Whoever did this must have intended to bring pain and suffering to all the inhabitants of this world.” Michiru opened her brown eyes and tightened her jacket around her. Feeling very little life in this world had brought a chill to her that crept up her spine. “Hold it together Michiru. We have to find Azmara and Azalea. Let's get moving.” Link ran ahead toward the drawbridge and flipped over it. He had helped Michiru and Namie across while the others jumped over with ease. When they got to the marketplace they encountered monsters that appeared to be zombies. “Ahhh!!! What are they?”
 
“I don't know but they look like something I saw I Silent Hill. Or killed. You know I think I beat my high score in that game.”
 
“Astrid!!!”
 
“Oh right! Uh- Flame Dancer!!!”
 
Astrid captured the monsters in a circle of swirling flames. When the flames had died out the Monsters had fallen to the ground. Astrid snapped his fingers and lit a flame when he saw the outcome of his attack but that flame died along with his happiness when he saw the monsters rise back up. “What the hell man?!?! Theo a little help!”
 
“Holy Wrap!!!”
 
Theo jumped up and came toward the ground. As he came down a white light illuminated from his body and when he hit the ground it exploded around the area. When the lights died out the monsters had been completely wiped out. “That's the shit I'm talkin about dude! You rock man you're friggin awesome!!!” Astrid cheered. Theo smiled but that smile faded when he turned his eyes to the castle. Azalea was waiting for him. “I'm coming tiny princess.” He murmured.
 
“Let's keep moving everyone. We need to get to Azmara before-”
 
“Lovely behind you!!!”
 
Lovely turned to see that a ghost holding a candle was floating behind her. She screamed when she saw it but Namie didn't. She jumped in front of Lovely, got down on one knee and shot the ghost with her nine millimeter pistol. “Namie?”
 
“Police rule number twenty seven, always be prepared. Come on let's go.” Namie ran ahead of the group until she pointed at a huge gap between the castle and the ground below but that didn't stop them. Lovely grabbed Namie and flew across the lava below while Michiru scooped up Link to help him pass over. When they landed they entered the castle together. Once they were inside Misami trapped everyone within a bubble to pilot them through the fort without being attacked by enemies. “This is awesome Misami!”
 
“I know Love. It's the best way to get through Tokyo traffic too. When I tell mom and dad we can try it Namie! Everyone hang tight we're going around a corner!” Misami turned the bubble around the corner and when she did, everyone was thrown from one side to the other. “Misami will you drive this thing straight?!?!”
 
“Sorry Astrid I!!! Hold on you guys we're here!”
 
Misami drove the bubble up the stairs then busted the bubble. When everyone looked up they were standing before the very doors Shinichi was behind. Everyone could feel the vibe coming from behind the door. “Ok, let's get in there, save my best friends and blow this joint. Any other better ideas?” Misami asked. No one declined to Misami's idea, allowing her to blow the door open with surging water. The blue haired girl entered the room and looked around to find Shinichi standing in the darkness. “Grr… you son of bitch! What have you done with my best friend?!?!” Misami screamed.
 
“She's right here. Safe and sound. As for Azalea… she's up there.”
 
Shinichi pointed at the small girl hanging from the ceiling. Without second thoughts Theo flew up to free the girl and brought her back to her friends. He tried calling her but she would not wake. When he looked ahead Azmara was standing beside Shinichi. There was no light in her eyes. No matter how much her friends called her she did not respond to them. “Link do you love Azmara Toyama?”
 
“Yes I love her. I would give my life for her. Please, give her back to me.”
 
Shinichi smiled at Azmara and when he did the lifeless girl nodded her head and turned to another pair of double doors. Lovely ran ahead of her friends to grab Azmara but the silver haired knight caught her arm and pulled her against him. “How lovely of you to come running into my arms my precious.”
 
“Let my friend go now! Azmara no!!”
 
“Your life was taken but now I will restore it to you. I offer you my power… my life.”
 
Azmara took the orb that contained her soul and threw it into the darkened room. When it broke her soul and power was released but instead of returning to her it went into the body of another. Lovely broke free of Shinichi's grip and rushed over to Lovely. “Lovely! Lovely! Listen to me you have to open your eyes. Oh dear god Link!!! Azmara has no purse! She's dead!!! Shinichi's killed her! Azmara is dead!!!”
 
Before Link could do anything Misami and Astrid lashed out at Shinichi but he was already gone. “We won't let you get away with this!!! Mark my words Shinichi you bastard you are finished!!!!” As Astrid screamed a burst of flames shot out of his body. He wasn't the only one feeling pain. Misami had touched his shoulder gently with a cool water feeling. The coolness of her hand had washed the flames away from the fiery red head but it did not wash out the pain in his heart. “I've lost two loves in one lifetime. What sort of hero am I?”
 
“Link please don't do this. It's bad enough we lost Azmara I do not need to lose you as well. As a team we need to put our heads together and think. Azmara threw something over in that room. I want to see what it was.” Lovely left Azmara in Link's hands to go over to the double doors. When she looked inside it was dark so she lit the torches around the room. In the center stood a young woman around Azmara's height wearing a white and pink dress with a tiara on her head. “Lovely?”
 
“Azmara? Link Azmara's alive! She's alive! Link come here! Azmara is alive!”
 
Link looked down at the blonde haired girl wearing the light blue dress and white shoes. This girl was Azmara. How could there have been two of them? “Three goddesses please don't toy with my heart.” Link called Michiru over to look after Azmara but when he went to see what Lovely was looking at he stopped dead in his tracks. “It can't be… I watched you die.” Link murmured.
 
“What are you talking about Azmara was never dead it was a decoy. Link-”
 
“That's not Azmara Lovely! It's not. It's Princess Zelda.”
 
 
 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: Well that's interesting. I'm so sure you can't wait for more!! Read the next chapter to find out what's going to happen to Azmara.