The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ I Miss You ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
“Azmara- I mean Zelda. What happened to you?” Theo asked as he prepared a hot cup of cocoa. Everyone had left Hyrule to regroup at Lovely's apartment. She knew she was going to stay longer to aid her new friends. The place was necessary. Not many questions were asked when they arrived but Lovely wanted to ask them as well as receive answers. “And where is Azmara?” Lovely added.
 
“I… I'm not sure. All I remember was being killed by Ganondorf and returning back to life. I'm so glad that I'm back here with Link. I don't know who saved me but I'd like to thank them.”
 
“But you won't get the chance because she's dead!”
 
Everyone had been shocked by Lovely's outburst. Zelda had been especially startled. She had no idea what was going on but this woman had fire in her d brown eyes and she was ready to singe her with it. “Azmara is dead because of-”
 
“Stop it Lovely! We don't know for sure what is going on. Do not blame Princess Zelda for what happened to Azmara. We don't know if Azmara's death is absolute.” Link told her. Lovely stormed away from Link. She was ready to leave her apartment but Michiru grabbed a hold of her hand. “Lovely please. We're all worried about Azmara but blaming her loss on Zelda is not right. Zelda doesn't know what's going on.” Michiru's words may have flowed out soothingly but it did not soothe the anger in Lovely's heart. She refused to listen to anything Michiru had to say. The calm brown eyes of this gentle nurse did nothing for her. “Don't leave Lovely. Stay here and try to think rationally. We need a plan of action.”
 
“I won't stay with a dead princess and a traitor. And by traitor I mean you Link. Azmara loved you and you were supposed to love her. But when this dead princess rises back to earth you leave Azmara to return to what died in the past.” Lovely opened the door and slammed it behind her when she left. Theo had offered to go out and search for her but Misami had preferred that both she and Astrid search for her instead. “Theo, it's best that you, Michiru and Azalea stay with Zelda and Link. Namie will come with us too.” Misami said. Namie agreed to accompany Misami and Astrid. Whatever path Misami took she'd be more than happy to follow behind her. “We'll be back soon.”
 
“Be careful out there.”
 
Azalea watched as the three of them left the apartment and thought to herself about what Lovely had said about Link. There was no way he'd betray her sister. Lovely had to have been overreacting. Azmara was coming back. Somehow they'd find her and bring her home. The young girl excused herself from the room and flew through the skies to go somewhere quiet. Her parents had to have been fast asleep. She landed in the tree in her backyard and nestled against it. “Azmara where are you? I want you to come home.”
 
“Your sister isn't coming home Azalea.”
 
Azalea looked up to see Shinichi standing beside her. Azalea's prepared to launch an attack at Shinichi but he took her hand and kissed it lightly. “Ah, ah, ah, now, now Azalea you wouldn't want to kill the man who will tell you how to get your sister back now would you? I feel bad for what I did to Azmara. I hope you'll forgive me and allow me to assist you.” Shinichi offered. The anger in Azalea's eyes did not wane. Shinichi thought that he had an advantage over her because she was young. She'd be damned if she let someone else use her again. “You know, Rioma and Tatsuya fell because they tried to use me against my friends. I will not be used again!”
 
“But I am not using you darling. I'm telling you how to get your sister back. If you don't listen to me. Zelda is going to take everything from Azmara and the sad part about is you all don't care. I won't try to convince you Azalea. If you want your sister back then take this.” Shinichi placed an orb in Azalea's palm and closed it tightly. He knew that Azalea would take the bait. Her pretty green eyes held so much concern and defense. “You'd better not be lying.”
 
“I mean every word sweetheart. If you don't trust me then don't use it. But if you treasure your sister then I'd use it immediately. To use it, simple hold it up to the princess and say `Zelda return the body you have taken.' And your sister will return to her body and Zelda will return to her grave. As I've said Azalea, this is your choice.” Shinichi bowed gracefully to Azalea and disappeared into the night. Now alone, Azalea could only question herself on what it was that she could do. No, not what she could do but what she would do. The following morning when Azalea woke up she heard laughing coming from the kitchen. Who would come and visit them so early? Azalea washed her face, brushed her teeth, combed her hair and put on her uniform for school. “Mommy! Daddy!”
 
“Azalea!! Hurry and get your waffles! Azmara's actually awake to make breakfast!”
 
Azalea's heart nearly stopped. Azmara was making breakfast?!?! There was only one explanation. Azalea rushed to the kitchen to see Zelda wearing Azmara's uniform, Azmara's bracelets, Azmara's earrings and worst of all, the ring the necklace that Azalea had given Azmara for her thirteenth birthday. “Good morning Azalea, what would you like in your waffles?”
 
Elsewhere Michiru and Misami sat together in Michiru's garden in the back of her house. Misami had ditched extra help to catch Michiru before she went to work. The young nurse was surprised that Misami would ditch school to talk to her. Even though the fate of Hyrule rested solely upon them, it gave her no reason to skip her school lessons. “I'm glad you haven't kicked me out Michiru. I wanted to see how you're taking this. I maybe Azmara's best friend but this is hurting everyone. How are you taking it?” Misami asked. She asked the question because both Michiru and Theo weren't going to take action against Zelda. Misami, Astrid and Lovely held Zelda responsible for what happened to Azmara. She needed to know how Michiru and Theo felt. Astrid was speaking with Theo while Misami dealt with Michiru. “I know this is a difficult time for all of us but we have to keep Zelda safe until we can find a way to return Azmara. I'm sure Zelda can tell us something. We have to be patient. You can do that right Misami?”
 
Misami smiled over the rim of her teacup. That smile assured Michiru that Misami was going to stand beside Zelda and protect her from whatever evil plans that Raion and Shinichi were planning. Michiru reached across the table and took Misami's hands together. “I knew I could count on you.”
 
“Yes, yes you can Michiru. I can be patient until we find a way to bring Azmara back.”
 
“The hell we can be patient! Azmara is god knows where and Michiru says be patient. Shit, Theo said the same thing. It's all `We don't know anything at the moment. The best thing we can do is wait.' I'm not trying to hear that. Screw it dude, I'm not letting Azmara go that easy. Lovely's right.”
 
Lovely sat on the banister of Astrid's apartment and lit a cigarette. She hated to smoke but as stressed out as she was she needed it. She took a hit, exhaled and massaged her forehead. “I really hate to ruin Link's pretty picture with Zelda but this is going to come to an abrupt end. I'm gonna take some time to consult with the three goddesses. I'll get you guys the word when I get back. Do not act without my say so, got it?”
 
“Got it.”
 
Unlike Lovely, Astrid and Misami, Link was excited to have Zelda back. They had spent the entire day catching up on old times. They went to lunch and went for a long walk on the beach afterward. Zelda was enchanted with the modern day life but was even more charmed knowing that she was beside Link once again. They walked side by side on the white sand, feeling the tingling sensations in their hearts from the thrill of being in each others presence. “I'm so glad to be with you again Link. I've dreamt of this day more than once believing that it might only be just a dream.” Zelda said as she stopped to admire the afternoon sky. It was a blessing from the three goddesses to be able to enjoy a breezy late afternoon and breathe the fresh air once again. They had been good to her. But one thing puzzled her. “Who is this Azmara?”
 
“Azmara? She's the Chosen of Destiny. She and her friends are working together to save their world and ours. When you returned she disappeared. I'm going to do whatever I can to get her back. I care so much for her.”
 
At that moment Zelda felt a sharp tug in her heart. She had always thought that Link would never stop loving her but now he had given his heart to someone else. This Azmara had taken the one thing in her life that made her happy. “You love her, don't you?”
 
“I've never lied to you and I'm not going to start now. Yes I love Azmara and I'd give my life to have her back.” Link knew what was coming next and before Zelda could react he grabbed her hand. “I love you and I've always loved you. But I love Azmara and I want to be with her.”
 
“You can breach to me about how much you love her Link. I can't change the way you feel but I can tell you the truth of it. When it's time for us to return to Hyrule you and Azmara will have to say goodbye.”
 
Zelda was hurt but spoke calmly to Link. She knew that Link knew this as well but she said it as a reminder and not to be bitter. Link would always care for her but it was his destiny for him to return to Hyrule. Link took Zelda into his arms and hugged her tightly. There were some things that destiny couldn't forge or destroy. It would never destroy his feelings for Azmara Toyama or his bond with her. Wherever she was he prayed that she would always love him and would wait for him to come rescue her. “Link, I'll always love you. Always.”
 
“And I will always love you.”
 
And when Zelda kissed Link the Hero of Time did not reject it. The sight of them kissing brought tears to the green eyes of Azalea and heartache to Misami and Lovely. “He doesn't love my sister anymore. He's not going to help bring her home. He won't, he won't.” Azalea sobbed.
 
“Don't cry Azalea. He will pay for his betrayal. He will. Mark my words he won't get away with this and neither will that witch in royal clothing.” Lovely turned away and left the other two girls alone. Misami tried hard to fight the tears but still they fell with the rain she caused to pour from the sky. Azalea turned around to wrap her arms around Misami and held the older girl as she cried. “Azalea I miss my best friend so much.”
 
“I know Misami. We're going to bring her home. Trust me we are.” Azalea unwrapped one of her arms from around Misami to stare at the orb she received from Shinichi. She had no other choice. She was going to bring her sister home. With or without Link's coordination.
 
 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: Well we'll see if this orb to will really bring Azmara back. My Immortal by Evanescence was the music that inspired me to write this. Leave comments when you're done. Thank you.