The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ Friend, Foe or Lover ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
She should have been sleeping. She should have been preparing for school the next day. But she didn't. She couldn't. Link's betrayal had gone all through her head. Her hatred for Zelda and Link burned too deep. Rising from her bed, Azalea left her room with the orb in hand. “This would all be put to an end now.” She murmured. Azalea opened the door to her sister's room and looked down at the sleeping princess. When she opened her blue eyes it didn't bother her. “Azalea what's wrong?”
 
“You're all wrong. It's you. You should be dead Zelda but no you're here instead. You don't plan on giving my sister back her body. So I'm taking what belongs to my sister and returning to her.” Azalea held the orb up to Zelda and watched the expressions in the princess' face change. “Azalea you can't!”
 
“Oh trust me I can. Zelda, return the body you have taken!”
 
Zelda tried to run from the room but Azalea had her plants hold her in place. She struggled with all her might but the plants held onto her tightly. She tried to scream but Azalea couldn't let her wake her parents. The leaves of the plants covered her mouth, leaving her inaudible. Azalea watched as the lights in Zelda's eyes began to die out. She questioned herself if this was the right thing. What if Shinichi had tricked her? Perhaps she had questioned herself too early. The procedure had come to a close. Azalea commanded her vines to release her so that she could get a look at her. “Azmara… Azmara are you all right?”
 
“Az… I feel… oh I'm so tired. I feel as if I've been placed in another body. Like this isn't my body.”
 
Azmara pulled aside her sister's lovely blonde hair to look into her blue eyes. Now matter how hard Azmara tried, her eyelids covered her blue eyes until finally she couldn't fight the sleep. It didn't matter if she were awake or not. Azmara was back. But that left her confrontation with Link. She was going to see to it that she got rational answers as to why Link did what he did. What she was able to gather from what she saw was that he wasn't going to help bring Azmara back. He had his precious Zelda what did he need her sister for? She thought of Link as a bastard for it but she couldn't jump to conclusions, not until she found the rock hard proof she needed to accuse him of such. Commanding her plants once more, Azalea had Azmara placed sounding in her bed. She needed to see Lovely before what she did got out to the other sages. She especially didn't want Theo to know yet. If he found out what she did he'd bring the thunder and lightning down. Telling Lovely was the best move to make right now even if it was three A.M.
 
“You made a great move in telling me first little Az. I don't give a damn what everyone else says. You did the right thing and Azmara would be happy too. What I can tell you is that Azmara's strength is damn near depleted. She's going to be out for at least a day. Tomorrow we'll gather everyone and tell them what's up.” Lovely snuffed the blue flame she lit in her hand out and turned to Azmara's window. There would be a great argument tomorrow afternoon. Theorello Yukimura, Michiru Zakuro and the Hero of Time in one corner then Lovely Hendershot, Misami Hirogi, Azalea Toyama and Jin Bayashi in the other. The an answers would arise in the midst of the argument and Lovely dreaded the consequences. All that would be planned tomorrow.
 
“Thanks Lovely. I gotta get to bed I have school tomorrow. What about you?”
 
“Mmm, parents set me up with home schooling. It was cool of my mom to let me hang around until its time to wrap this thing up. Hanogi's a great woman to choose me to hold onto her powers temporarily. Anyway, I'd better get out of here. Sweet dreams to you little Az.” Lovely jumped out of the window and soared through the early morning sky. As she was flying she came to notice the beautiful rose petals blowing up from Yoyogi Park. What did Shinichi want now? She landed in the park but didn't find Shinichi. She walked to the largest Cherry Blossom tree in the park and it was there that she discovered the handsome blonde knight with a bouquet of roses in his hand. “I thought I'd catch up with you before you went to bed, my sweet. It's been so long since I've seen you. I've missed you terribly.”
 
“Cut the bullshit Shinichi I'm tired, sleepy and ready to drop any second. The only reason I haven't singed you to ashes is because I want to know why.” Lovely held her hand out and in it fell her pink staff covered in stardust. She created the staff earlier that day to use as a weapon and if Shinichi didn't answer her question he'd be the first to find out how powerful it truly was. “Shinichi… the answer if you will.”
 
“It's all simple my sweet darling. All I want is for Azalea to have her sister back and the Princess Zelda placed back into her grave. It's what Lord Ganondorf wants. Do you really think he wants that Hylian woman walking about the present day?” Shinichi caressed Lovely's cheek and wasn't surprised when she slapped it away. He knew what was going through her mind and he wasn't playing a head game. Ganondorf did not want Zelda alive but he did want Link to know that she could be brought back. Link was a fool in love. If he knew that Zelda could be brought back, which he knew now was possible, he'd stop at nothing to have her back beside him. Even if it cost Azmara her life. That's where Azalea, Lovely, Misami and Astrid came into play. All would for into place later. But first there was now and now he wanted pleasure. Now he wanted to hold Lovely in his arms and kiss her rose petal soft lips until the sun broke the morning darkness.
 
“Lovely-”
 
“I don't know what sort of screwed up game you're playing but I won't take part in it. I'm letting you know right now that you don't want to screw with us and especially not me.” Lovely walked toward her condo. She needed to sleep and when she got there that was exactly what she was going to do. When she finally arrived she stripped off her clothes and crawled into bed. It felt good to finally rest again. To think she was helping to save the planet as well as another time. A few months ago she was going into culinary competitions and parties with her friends. Now she had the fate of the world riding on her shoulders. Life does come at you fast.
 
Deep in her sleep, Zelda came to Azmara in her dreams. It had seemed that her sprit had reached out to Azmara as she dreamed of beginning the next day as she had before she lost her body.
 
“Azmara… Azmara…”
 
“Zelda? What are you doing in my dream? You're supposed to be dead. Why doesn't the dead ever stay that way? You know something? I know about Shinichi's plan to turn my friends against each other and honestly I think he's a genius. I guess Link can join you once he's six feet under.”
 
The late that following morning Azalea couldn't help but wonder about her sister. Even with Sumina offering some of her mom's homemade cupcakes it didn't cheer her up. “What's the matter Azalea?”
 
“It's Azmara. She isn't doing so well. Mommy and daddy says she my have food poisoning but I know that's not it. I just want my big sister to be ok.” Azalea sighed as she swayed slowly back and forth on her swing. She wished deeply for things to return as they were. But until Azmara recovered her strength there was nothing that could be done. “Azalea isn't that your sister there?”
 
“Azmara? Where?!?! There I see her!! Azmara!! Azmara over here!! Look here!!”
 
Azalea ran around the school fence to greet her sister. She was happy that she had recovered quickly. Azmara had come back, she had returned to her at last. “Azmara!!!”
 
“Azalea…”
 
Azalea stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the darkness in her sister's eyes. Something had happened to her. “Dear sister you've dropped your hat. Here… let me get it for you.”
 
Azmara reached to get Azalea's hat but her hand was stopped when the tree grass reached over to cease her hand. Azmara lifted her black eyes up to her young sister with a devious smile on her face. “Azalea aren't you happy that I'm back?”
 
“I'd rather it be Zelda than this monster that calls itself Azmara Toyama, my sister. You are not Azmara. Everyone will know that Shinichi has done something to my sister and when they find out you will be ancient history.” Azalea didn't want to battle the creature within her sister's body but she had no choice. There was no visual objective for this creature. Azalea made a mental note to finish off Shinichi when she found him. “Azalea.”
 
“Lovely? How-”
“I felt the evil energy coming from that devil's body and sweetheart if I can feel it so can everybody else. Shinichi played us and I don't like being played. All right you creature you're coming back with us. Come quietly and your death will be swift.”
 
Unfortunately the demon within Azmara's body did not have plans of giving up the body so suddenly. She quickly vanished from sight and made her way back to Lord Raion. Lovely swore when the demon disappeared. She was going to have a talk with Shinichi when she got the chance. “Lovely…”
 
“Listen little Az, we're going to get Azmara back. Don't you worry about a thing. We'll be just fine ok?” Lovely ran off to find Shinichi while Azalea stood behind looking on in disbelief. “This is the second time I've been used. Why can't things ever go as I want them to?”
 
Meanwhile, Lovely had flown off to Hanogi's temple. Astrid's grandmother had opened the temple to her for meditation but now was the time for confrontation. Shinichi had fooled Azalea but that was the last time it would happen. She entered the temple and approached the stone statue at the end of the walkway. She was going to pray to the ancestors for forgiveness. She was going to need it from them after she kicked Shinichi's ass up and down the temple. “You've become a Buddhist I see.”
 
Shinichi approached Lovely with yet again another bouquet of roses. Lovely had always wondered why he brought roses for her but now she'd never know. She was going to throw him from the mountains. “You lying fuck! You did something to Azmara's body. A demon of some kind took over her body and now she is nowhere to be found. You lied to me when you said you'd be back.”
 
“I'd never lie to-”
 
“Shut up!”
 
Shinichi didn't understand what it was that Lovely was upset about but before he could ask he had to fight her off. She was hurling one attack after the other. Finally he was able to grab her hand before she could throw another attack. “Lovely you have to listen to me. I don't know what you're talking about but I'm going to find out. I swear to you that I will find out.” Shinichi said as he released her. Lovely snatched her arm away from him and began to walk out of the temple but Shinichi reached for her again. “Lovely listen to me. I promise that I will do everything to bring Azmara back. Please believe in me.”
 
“There is no way I will believe in what comes out of your mouth.”
 
“Then believe this.”
 
Shinichi grabbed Lovely and planted a deep kiss on her lips. The kiss had knocked the wind out of Lovely for it blew her away. She wasn't expecting Shinichi to make a move on her. He often flirted but now it was plain as day. His feelings were genuine. “I'm in love with you Lovely.”
 
“Lovely!!!”
 
“I promise I'll come back to you tonight!”
 
Shinichi back away into the darkness as Misami, Astrid, Link and Theo approached her. When they asked what had happened Lovely was lost for words. What could she tell them?
 
“What the hell was that Love?”
 
“I can't explain what that was but Shinichi was just as shocked as I was. There isn't anything that can be done for her now. We'll have to wait.”
 
Link and Astrid looked at one another then back at Lovely. Azmara was gone, Shinichi was shocked, which they couldn't believe and now there was were no leads on how to bring their friend back. What were they to do? Put their trust in the enemy? Lovely didn't want to but that was the best thing she could think of now. She left the temple to return to her apartment. She was going to need a minute to think and a calming cigarette was going to help her do just that.
 
Elsewhere, Shinichi had returned to Hyrule to confront the only person he knew would be responsible for what'd happened to Azmara. Raion was within somewhere and he'd tell him what he'd done even if he had to beat it out of him. As he was walking to the throne room where all their meetings took place, Shinichi stopped dead his tracks. Raion was speaking with Lord Ganondorf but why? Shinichi took cover in the shadows as he listened onto what Raion had to say.
 
“Shinichi has betrayed us Lord Ganondorf. He has fallen for that girl Lovely. We're better off without him. I was able to remove Azmara's soul from her body and replace it with the soul of one of my henchmen.” Raion explained. Shinichi growled softly when he heard what Raion had done. Now wasn't the time to be impetuous. He had to listen on to what their plan was so that he could assist Lovely in thwarting it.
 
“You are a fool Raion. Without Zelda or Azmara we won't be able to gather the medallions. You were better off kidnapping the girl and trick her into joining our side. Whether it be Princess Zelda or Azmara Toyama.” Ganondorf scolded. The flame from which Ganondorf's voice spoke through grew in size. It was only then did Shinichi understand why Ganondorf was so angry. Unlike Raion, he knew a secret that Ganondorf had neglected to tell him, Yurimaru, Justia, Tatsuya and Rioma. Shinichi was Ganondorf's most trusted man but now he had lost him.
 
“Shinichi must be eliminated at once. I told him something that I have told no other person. That knowledge he possesses will destroy everything.” Ganondorf yelled angrily.
 
Shinichi disappeared from the hallway but did not leave Hyrule. He had to find Azmara's body first and get it out Hyrule before anymore could be done to it. He searched the entire castle until he found it sitting in a chair in a comatose state. “I've got you Azmara.”
 
“The only thing you've got is trouble.”
 
Shinichi turned to see Raion standing behind him with his hands crossed in front of him. He was going to attempt to kill him and keep Azmara's body for as long as he could. Shinichi couldn't fight him now, not with Azmara's body beside. Raion drew closer but a shock of lightning stopped him in his tracks. “I hope you didn't think we'd let you come here alone.”
 
“Yeah, we kept some major eyes on you.”
 
Misami, Azalea and Lovely stood together in the doorway with beautiful smiles on their faces. Misami and Azalea ran over to take Azmara's body and take it out of the castle. “Shinichi come on!!”
 
“Lovely-”
 
“You can thank and worship me later let's just go!”
 
Lovely took Shinichi's hand and ran with him toward the exit. Even when Raion attempted to stop her, Lovely merely smacked Raion aside on her way out. “What a douche… hey are you ok?”
 
“Yes but why didn't you wait for me?”
 
Lovely looked over at Azalea and Misami only to see them making kissy faces at both her and Shinichi. Those two were such clowns. “Well?”
 
“Huh? Oh, well nobody makes Lovely Hendershot wait. Nobody. But in your case I definitely couldn't hang behind. Now tell me what we've got to do save Azmara.”
 
Shinichi nodded and took Lovely's hand. The task was simple but then again it wasn't. To restore Azmara's soul back into her body, the sages of Shadow and Spirit must be joined to pull Azmara's soul from the darkness. Lovely slapped her forehead at the sound of the new task but she couldn't neglect it. “Damnit, they've been searching for months but now… oh hell whatever. I guess we'd better get started but what about you? You're a renegade now.”
 
“I'll disappear for I while but I pray you'll forever hold me in your heart.”
 
Before Lovely could say another word Shinichi was holding her close and kissing her softly again. To Lovely, it didn't matter if he brought the world to her feet. He was once an enemy and even if he was assisting her it didn't mean anything. Anyone could play both sides of the fence. All that was needed was the right actions, words and the perfect plan that would take time to concoct but in the end be foolproof. Lovely wasn't falling for this. She'd be damned first.
 
“Adieu my beautiful princess.”
 
And once Shinichi left her, Lovely returned to Azalea and Misami with their new assignment. Once they heard it, Misami instantly began her train of complaints. “But that will take ages! I'll be old and gray by the time we're done! Hell will freeze over before we can find the Sage of Shadow. I'm going to need Namie to set up a four hour session at the spa.” Misami whined as she walked away.
 
“Missy come on you're a sage!”
 
“Even sages deserve a break!! I'm still human goddamnit!!! Somebody call my daddy!!! I want a big bowl of ice cream!!!”
 
“Misami you're not depressed.”
 
“I fucking am now!!! I'm going to scarf down a huge fucking bowl of fucking ice cream and gain fucking weight!!! Why is my life so totally screwed up?!?!?!”
 
 
 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: The search for the last sage begins everyone!!! Check out the next chap to see what happens! I've gotta get ready for work!!!