The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow Heart ❯ Movie Effects ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Still need reviews. The next chapter is longer..
---Movie Effects---
Unfortunately (or fortunately for the sake of work) Ingo was not the one sick. “A..ACHOO!” Talon sneezed again and another pan fell off of the top shelf, just missing the plump man's head on its pass to clatter upon the kitchen floor. When Talon was sick, the world hid. The man was such a clutz that it were safer if he didn't work and just slept all day. Which, of course, he were perfectly content with to the grumblings of his lanky workaholic brother.
“Daddy..” Malon put her hands on her hips. Talon's bushy brows went up at the gesture. Just like her mother used to do.. “You know that if you need anything at all, all you have to do is give me a yell form the window! It's bad for a sick person to move much and… you're the only daddy I have!”
Talon looked like he were about to protest, but his short mind betrayed him into easy distraction. A tint of pink found his face as the comment. “Shucks.. Well.. Well I was hungry and…” It were extremely, extremely rare for Talon to have any part of him moving that early in the morning. He were way too active when he were sick. That must have been the only thing he had in common with his brother Ingo- they both tried to do too much when they were sick.
Malon was already picking up the pots and pans when the door opened with it familiar little squeak.
“Malon- What the..” Ingo blinked as he stared down to the ranch owner comfortably on the floor, then noticed his niece trying to put things away on the top shelf without stepping on Talon. A heavy sigh left him. “Why don't you get off your lazy butt and move..some place else?! You know the kitchen is off limits right now!”
Talon yawned as he lazily scratched his tummy, the lack of sleep finally catching up to the middle aged man. “But.. I'm finally comfy..”
Malon dropped a pan right on Talons head with an “OOF!” as she were taken back by clear summer blue eyes leaning through the door. On top of those amazing eyes, a flawless open smile teamed up to stop the poor girl's heart, more so because both set only on her. “Hi Malon- Oh..” Link tried to keep a straight face as Talon rubbed his head and groaned, finally shifting to move back upstairs. This time he made it without stumbling.
Malon put on her typical friendly smile as she approached Link. It were like a dream whenever he showed up. How she missed the summer days they used to play by the river… Her thoughts were quite rudely cut as she gasped in horror. Approaching link in her daydream, a pair of burning red eyes flared right in front of her face! All she could see for that brief moment was swirling darkness with devil's eyes fixed right on her. Malon's mouth was still open as she refocused on..the same eyes? She blinked in time with link, who looked concerned. “Umm, am I bleeding..?” He checked over himself mentally, having forgotten to do so in all of his concern for Epona. Malon shifted her weight to find that she were in Link's strong arms, looking up to him. When did this happen? Did she fall? A blush tinted her cheeks as she quickly righted herself. Link only smiled as he turned to hold the door for her after carefully releasing her.
Catching onto the gesture, Malon walked slowly outside as she tried to process what happened. The eyes were permanent now in her memory, but that memory was tucked away behind the forest scent and warmth of Link's helpful embrace. She didn't even notice when he was beside her.
Link was used to Malon's bright and full attention whenever he was on the ranch, and assumed that it were in her character to be so attentive. Malon's display of strange behavior was making him worried. “Malon..?” He stepped in front of her, trying to get her soft blue eyes to snap back to him. “Are you feeling ok today..? You didn't catch a cold from Talon did you?”
Quickly coming back to reality, Malon shook her head. “No! No, I just thought I saw something..” She took advantage of Link trying to process what she might of saw. “Is there anything I can assist you with Link?” It was Link's turn to suddenly cast a look of shock. He let out a small grunt and almost fell to one side as his foot appeared to give out. Across the white legging, there were two rips in the fabric. Strangely, the area around the two tears had bright red splotches instead of a darker color of an older wound. It didn't make sense. Link was confused, twirling to find an enemy. Huh.. maybe he just forgot about his injuries.
Malon took a step closer to Link, but seemed to be oblivious to what had just happened. Though.. She did feel a sudden chill work up her spine all of a sudden. “Link..?”
Link took his hand from his sword and gave her a well practiced fake smile. “I left Epona with you. She has an injured front leg and will need a few weeks without weight on her back.” The boy looked a little guilty that he had let his faithful companion get injured in the first place.
Malon listened to him carefully. “And what about you? Do you need another horse until Epona is better?” Though speaking with a supportive tone, she were in truth really reluctant to think of Link riding any other horse, despite how much she loved Epona.
“No.. I'm going to help Ingo deliver some milk to Hyrule, and I wont be back soon. I have a d-meeeting with the Princess.”
A week long meeting.. Malon's heart sank. She wasn't sure if she really loved Link or just adored his companionship. Well, of course she loved him! But was she in love with him? While Malon was deep in her thoughts, Link had finished his explamation and was already meeting Ingo at the door. Malon snapped to attention as she glanced quickly around. She thought she heard the ending of a soft chuckle..
--- ---
Well dearest readers, how is it so far? Don't worry. More of the mysterious Dark link will show up soon, and we will here his side of the story that is much more interesting. Please tell me what you think, I'm a noob. -;;