Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Magic ❯ RTM 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lavender walked through the mansion with a bag over her shoulder, "Hello Mr Legato. Are you well today?"

"Better………where are you going?"

"To find my uncle Vash so Daddy will stay forever!" She turned a corner before he could even blink.

"She's too young to go out into the desert. And you're not well enough to be up."

"Azuria………do not concern yourself, and stop hiding from me", Legato turned to his left just as the figure became visible.

The figure had porcelain skin, silver hair that flowed down to her waist, bright orange eyes and a voice like pure silken bliss. She wore a black, men's shirt that stopped mid thigh and random belts around her legs that also wrapped around her knee high boots, the black shirt had a white cloth wrapped tightly around the middle.

"I don't hide from you………I just…………" she moved forward and leaned against Legato's back, moving her arms around his waist, "Hide. You are right I spend my life hiding, but I don't hide from you."

" You should hide……… you want what I do not have, love."

"You have love. You do not know how to love or what love feels like………………it frightens you." Legato pulled out from her embrace and headed for his room with Azuria in tow.

"I am not frightened by what I cannot feel, love is a meaningless emotion that brings nothing but destruction. Now stop your useless banter, it's tiring."

"Conversation is not making you tired, you just want to avoid it!"

"Silence! No more, why must you cont-nhh!" Legato fell to his knees clutching his chest

"Legato! I told you to rest!" She helped him stand and get to his room.

"Knives?"

"Yes Saffron." Knives glanced over to the blonde figure leaning on the doorframe

"Have you seen Lavender? I can't find her."

"No………she won't talk to me."

"Why not? She adores you, although your right she hasn't spoken to you in the last few weeks" Knives stood up and walked towards the window sighing deeply.

"You know I'm leaving again soon, don't you?"

"I expected as much, why do you go? Is it me? If it is then tell me and I'll change!"

Knives glared at her from the window, "How can you say that! If I despised you so, believe me you would know! I would cast you aside as I would a human!", his eyes softened as he saw the tears begin to form in her eyes, "It is not you. You're perfect."

"How can you say that! I'm not perfect! And I never will be again, not after…………after…." Saffron closed her eyes tying to stop the onslaught of tears threatening to break free. Failing miserably she ran from the room with Knives following closely behind. Once in their room he closed the door.

"You are perfect. Even after you were raped, you're still perfect in my eyes……… always." He walked to the edge of the bed and sat next to Saffron's shaking form, "Why are you still so frightened? You know your safe here."

Saffron looked up at him with watery, dark blue eyes, " I'm pregnant, Knives. And I'm frightened that it's one of them," Knives held her in a tight hug and couldn't believe what he had heard. Pregnant? It couldn't be one of them, it just couldn't!

"It can't be, we are not compatible to them. No matter what was done it would be impossible. And besides how do you know you weren't pregnant before I left?"

"You're right. I'm sorry for being so foolish, so that means……………"

Knives had a small grin on his face before completing her sentence, " It means that it's mine………our child."

Hmmmmm. Another kid! I'm going to have a little vote! If you think it should be a girl or a boy please review and tell me!