Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Magic ❯ RTM 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lavender had been travelling for almost a week before she entered a peaceful little town. She knew he was here, she could feel him, "Where can he be? Daddy was right...humans are disgusting!"

"Hey! Little girl!" a scruffy boy ran in front of her to block her way. He had greasy brown hair, a filthy shirt, shorts to match and a little gang about the same behind him. "You can't pass! You haven't paid!"

"Paid? What makes you think I have to pay you?"

"C'mon you can spare $$2! I mean look at you, you gotta be rich."

Lavender was wearing a red top that showed her stomach, loose, dark blue trousers that stopped at her ankles with a few chains stitched into the fabric, pink running shoes and a bright orange bandana. "Do I look like I have '$$2' on me?"

"What about in that bag?!"

Lavender grinned slyly, the one she'd learned from her father. "You don't want to know."

"Oh yeah! Well if you don't give it to us we'll take it!"

Lavender took the bag from her shoulders and reached into the main compartment gripping a large black gun. Before she could pull it out a large hand held her shoulder.

"Now now boys! Just because a pretty girl says no doesn't mean you have to get pushy!"

"S...sorry Mr Stampede!" the gang of boys ran off into a nearby store.

"Take your arm off my shoulder before you lose it!"

"Well that's o.k. I'll just get another replacement. Now, why don't you let go of that gun." Lavender spun out of his grip, pulling out the gun and pointed it at his head,

"Not while an insect is in front of me! Now back off!"

Vash looked at the little girl in absolute shock. Blue eyes! Ice blue eyes! And she called me insect....Knives.

"Wait, you're not a human. You're a plant!" She lowered the gun but still held it ready.

"Who...who are you?!"

The petite girl gave a small curtsy before announcing herself, "I am Lavender Milliardo Millions. And you are?"

"Millions! You can't be! Not Knives Millions, who sent you!?" This has to be one of Knives's tricks! I don't believe he's using children!

"No one sent me! And how do you know my daddy?" she looked at his wide eyes and saw the way he was shaking his head side to side, "Why are you so freaked!"

Knives has a child? No one had sent her? Then why is she- , "Why are you here!?"

Then it clicked, " Aqua eyes, blonde hair that sticks up, a long red coat! You're him! You're Vash! You're my Uncle Vash!"
"So Knives has a family, I just can't believe it! Ha! Knives and a woman! And he says he can't stand the human race!"

"HEY! MY MUMMY IS NOT A HUMAN!!" Vash blinked a few times, and then leant back in thought.

"Not human? So other plants survived? Wow! So why are you here again?"

"Well, I want you to come back with me and make up with Daddy!"

Vash blinked again, "Your kidding! Do you even know why we stay separated?! Why would you want us to make up?"

"So he'll stay! He stays a little while then goes! Because of you! He wants to find you..." Lavender looked at the table top with sad eyes, "If he stayed Mummy would have been alright."

Would have been o.k? Is she...dead, because of me?

"(Don't be stupid! My Mummy isn't dead! She got..um..raked?)" She had only over heard the word from her uncle Drake and wasn't exact on it's name or it's meaning.

"Raked? Oh you mean Ra-!" Vash shut his mouth quickly, "Any man that would do that is sick!"

"It wasn't A man...four men. And what does raked mean?" She looked at Vash's saddening eyes with her own curious ones.

"Rape not rake. I don't think I should tell you; it's not my place you know. Rape is..one of the worst things you could do."

Lavender sighed disappointed, all I want is to know what happened to mummy. Is that so wrong?
"Kyoto! Have you found her yet?!" Saffron ran down the stairs and to the entrance where six men had assembled.

"No. We have searched the desert 500 iles radius of here." Kyoto looked to one of the five masked men, "Neca, here thinks she may have gone in the direction of one of the small towns."

"Why? Why did she have to go! I mean she was happy!"

"Saffron. Calm down. Look in the towns and find her. She has to be near." Knives stepped out of the shadows, "I want her found."

"YES SIR" the five masked men disappeared in a flash, leaving Kyoto behind.

"Azuria! Where would she go? I thought you were her carer."

Azuria appeared before them eyes cast down to the ground, " I think she has gone to find Vash. I was looking after another, the one that you injured!"

"First my daughter. And now you! Honestly I thought you had some pride. But obviously you're just another whore!"

"Pease don't retaliate, Azuria. He is not worth the mess."

Azuria gave him a glare before vanishing, "As you wish Lady Saffron."