Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Magic ❯ RTM 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

5 months later
"Saffy! It's a boy...a little on the small side but a healthy boy!" Saffron layback on the pillows, she was exhausted. The baby was a few weeks early and it had been a long complicated birth, but it was worth it.

"Knives...I, I did it." Knives held her close. He watched Azuria as she checked his son was fine and check him over for any thing wrong.

"You did fine. Just relax now, it's over."

"He's alright, Like Drake said a little small, but that's about it." Azuria handed the small bundle to Saffron before exiting the infirmary.

She walked to her room, next to Legato's. She went straight to her bathroom and turned on the water, she let the warm water cascade down her back and then over her swollen stomach.

P.O.V Azuria

I hate you. I hate him. I thought I had a home here, then he came along and you ruined it all.

I turn off the shower and find my blue 'comfort' towel heading for my bed. It's so cold at night, just like before, until Legato invaded it. Why can't he just give in to his feelings maybe then he'd be sleeping in my bed again.

The only reason he was in my bed to start with was because, he ended up sleeping with me and tearing his stitches, it gave me a reason to be close to him and it was easier to help him. But just like every one else he left me....my family, all the men in my life and now Legato.

And the only way to get him back is to kill you. I felt a small kick and movement and just broke down again. Every time you kick or move you make it harder! Fine if I can't just get rid of you, then we'll go together. I reached into a draw in my bedside table, and felt around for my dagger...... It's gone!
P.O.V Legato

Not yet Azuria. I knew you'd need this. I fingered the point of the dagger in my hand, why did I take this? Maybe out of pity, I guess I didn't want her to die just yet.
Azuria wrapped her towel tightly around her before heading to Legato's room and knocking rather loudly on his door.

"Legato! Open your door now!" Almost immediately after snapping out her last word the door opened with Legato leaning against the frame with a smirk on his face.

"Looking for this?" he held up the dagger in front of her face.

"Give that back now!"

"Why do you want it?" Legato asked as innocently as he could, but his smirk gave it away.

"Because I'm taking your advice! Now stop playing with me and give it to me!"

"You don't have the guts to do it. And maybe I've changed my..."

Azuria lowered to the ground holding tightly to her stomach. She wasn't going to cry in front of Legato, but it just hurt so much, it felt as if she was being ripped up from the inside.

Legato stared down at her shivering form. He bent down picking her up and walked inside his room placing her on the bed.

"Why are you doing this to me!" Azuria slashed out at legato as he tried to hold her still, he soon overpowered her and held her still on the bed. "Please let me go! Gato, please, it hurts."

"Stop struggling!" Legato removed the towel she was wearing and ran his hand over the bump that he'd been secretly watching grow over the months. He continued running his hand other it until Azuria stopped whimpering, "better?"

"What.....what did you do?"

"Calmed it down. Surely even you knew that getting upset, stresses it"

As much as Legato wanted to ignore it he could still sense and feel the baby. That was partly the reason he wanted to keep it alive, he sensed great power coming from it. Even after he felt it stopped moving he kept his hand on the bump, feeling the small movements it made against his hand.

"Legato, I don't understand."

"This may be the only time you'll ever hear this but, you're valuable to me and this child holds great power. So look after it for me."

"So does that mean you love me...us?

"Lets just say I care for you both." Legato lay next to Her on the bed and covered them with the covers.

"Hold me. Please." Legato held her to his chest and waited for her to fall asleep before kissing her on the head and drifting off himself.