Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Magic ❯ RTM 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"He's so small!" Lavender looked at the small baby, in her father's arms, "What's he called?"

"We haven't thought of a name yet, we can't decide."

"But he can't not have a name,"

"It took a month to think of yours, you almost ended up as Daisy." Lavender looked at Knives with wide eyes.

"Who's idea was that? That's a horrible name!"

"Your uncle Drake's. Would you like to hold him?"

"What if I drop him!," Knives gave a small chuckle

"Don't worry, you turned out alright." He looked over to his worried daughters face, "Relax………we only dropped you once."

"Knives!" Saffron walked over to him giving him a gentle nudge, " Nobody dropped you when you were a baby."

"Can I hold him?" Lavender looked at her little brother again. He was kind of cute, a small amount of blonde hair on his head, brilliant blue eyes and quiet.

After being told how to hold him, she was looking at him like he was a rare treasure. "How about Jetlin? I like the name."

"Well, I think it's nice. Knives?"

"I like it, so I guess it's settled, Jetlin Milliardo Millions."

///////////////////////////////////////////////// The Infirmary

"Master Drake, how's Azi?"

"I'm not entirely sure. She became comatose shortly after the birth of the second child. Legato helped her through, I don't think she would of done it without him."

"Legato! He helped her, I didn't think he had the guts to be there. How about the twins, what are they?"

"The first born was a girl, there wasn't much harm to her, and the second was a boy. There are still some complications with him………he may not survive." Lynx nodded and went into the room that held Azuria.

Azuria was on the bed wrapped up in the covers, her skin was paler than usual and if not for the shallow breathing, she would appear dead. Right by her side was Legato, his eyes were closed and he looked drained, but he wasn't asleep that much Lynx could tell.

"Hey, are you guys alright?" Lynx whispered into the room. Legato's eyes cracked open, he looked tired.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing I just want to know how you two are. You gave her some of your energy didn't you?"

"I had no choice, she was going to die. And I really don't feel like raising two brats."

"Yeah right, you know the little boy might die."

Legato closed his eyes again, sighing deeply, "Why do people insist on giving me useless information? Do you know for sure if he will or not?"

"I don't know! You're only interested because one of them holds a great deal of power, but guess what, legato. You're going to have to do this thing called bonding, because that's the only way you'll find out which one."

A small noise made by Azuria drew both their attentions; orange eyes slowly opened focusing on the dull ceiling.

"Azi!!" Lynx immediately rushed to her side and grabbed one of her hands, "How are you feeling? I was so worried!"

"Not so loud Lynx. I'm a little sore but I'll be alright," She carefully scanned the room. All she found were simple furnishings, Legato and the door, "Where are they?"

"Well, you know there were some difficulties. Your first-born was a girl, she's seems healthy enough and she's sleeping you can see her whenever. But the second born is in a bad condition………he might die."

"Lynx could you get me some water please."

"Sure!" She gave a toothy grin and left the room.

"Legato, thank you. I really wouldn't of been able to do that on my own." She looked up to see that he was staring intently at her, "Legato….. I really don't know what to say, I know I should have told you about having twins."

"I told you I would look after you, and I believe that's what I've been doing. I knew about the twins since the first couple of months, I guess I was just waiting for you to tell me."

"How? How did you know! I told no-one, not even Lynx." Azuria watched a small smirk made it way on Legato's face.

"I'm empathic as well as telepathic, I could feel them. I was just waiting for you to tell me."

"Empathic, I put a guard up in my mind so no-one could read it. But you don't have to read; you just sense my feelings. What am I feeling now?"

"You doubt me?"

"No, I just want to know exactly what an empath is. There's very few empath's on this damned planet."

"You're anxious, tired and want to see your children." Legato looked into her eyes, her face was sad and she looked disappointed.

"Our children, Legato. I didn't impregnate myself you know. And you're right I do want to see them."

"Perhaps tomorrow, Drake whisked them away and I don't think he's up to playing matron."