Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ A New half breed ❯ Confusions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I want to thank everyone who read the first chapter. That was the most views I've ever gotten for a chapter in a total of three days. I got 60 on MediaMiner and I believe it was almost 100 on fanfiction. Although I didn't get a review for it but two readers favorited it so I know that means at least two people like it but I would like to have an opinion besides that of my friend from school Sheteria of the Nile for Fanfiction and Mimiko Sayachi on MediaMiner although they are the same person. You should read her stories. They're awesome too. Although I've never gotten a single review so please do so I beg of you.
 
Happy Holidays and here is the second chapter. I will also post the third chapter sometime this week.
 
Confusions
(Edward's POV)
 
My family and I started going to Forks High School again. Before we did we made sure that none of the teachers, and staff who were there the first time weren't teaching or working at the school anymore by checking our yearbooks from back then like we always did to preserve our secret which is that we're vampires. True blue vampires.
 
My daughter Renesmee went with her boyfriend Jacob in his car and the rest of us went in a family sized Porsche that Alice had and when we got there we met another new student named Luna Eclipse and I'll admit she confused me. After all, she was the only human besides my wife Bella whose mind I couldn't read.
I wonder if it was just the people in Forks in general because I met my wonderful wife here in this same exact school on her first day. So I definitely wanted to talk with the rest of my family about this too.
 
When we were all gathering in the living room for the said family meeting we all sat in a small circle of loveseats with our lovers/soul mates in our laps.
 
“Now son, what is on your mind?” My `Father' for all purposes and the leader of our coven, Carlisle asked.
 
“Let me guess. It's about Luna Eclipse?” Alice asked.
 
“Yeah. Alice could you see anything about her in your visions?” I asked.
 
“No actually. It was if I was trying to see Jacob's or Sam's clans.” Alice said.
 
“And like Bella I can't read her thoughts. However I think she can read ours. Sort of.”
 
“Yeah. After she accidentally touched your hand and “blacked out” she didn't touch anyone else all day long. Not even to return handshakes.” Nessie said.
 
“While I was heading to class I accidentally knocked her over and she wouldn't let me help her up either.” Emmett said. “It seemed like she was arguing with herself during that time too.”
 
“Edward, do you remember what you were thinking when she touched you?” Carlisle asked.
 
“Um…I was wondering why I couldn't read her thoughts. As you all know Bella's the only one I can't read.”
 
“She smells.” Jacob said suddenly under his breath so low that none of us could hear him and Nessie was right on his lap.
 
“She smells. Like Nessie except worse. It's kinda like you guys but it's not as strong.” Jacob said.
 
“Do you mean to tell me that this child smells like a vampire?” Esme, my “mother” asked.
 
“Yeah, but a half breed like Nessie.”
 
“She may have more human than vampire traits.” Carlisle added. “All this time I thought that Nessie was the only half breed in the vampire world.”
 
“Now we just gave Carlisle a reason to do excessive research.” Emmett joked.
 
“But here's the question we have.” Bella said. “Where's her clan? She can't be a newborn. She's to controlled.”
 
“I agree. Even if she weren't a newborn the humans would be very tempting to her. I doubt she's a vegetarian.” Jasper replied. “Even I have trouble controlling myself as you all know well.”
 
“We can't say anything to her. It might risk our existence and if that happens Aro will kill us and more than likely drink her blood if we were wrong about her powers.” Carlisle said.
 
“Carlisle's right.” I said. “All we can do for now I suppose is keep an eye on her for now and see what transpires.”
 
“However, if you guys confirm powers then tell me as soon as possible okay. If she really has powers like our speed, or anything unusual further than her black outs so she calls them it can also hurt our secret. Speed is all we need to tell us that she's at least a half-breed like Nessie. Not that I don't trust your nose Jacob.” Carlisle replied.
 
“Don't worry I understand. Half breeds aren't supposed to exist further then Nessie.” Jacob said.
 
“Hey Grandma do you mind if she came to play basketball? I was going to ask earlier.” Nessie asked.
 
“I don't see why not. Edward, Bella, what do you think? After all, she's your daughter.” Esme asked.
 
“Maybe playing that game might be a good idea.” Bella said. “Nessie needs human friends too.”
 
“I agree. Just remember Nessie that you can't become to attached to any friends you make because after graduation we relocate to a new town and start high school all over again.” I added. “It gets to be rather hard. That's why we tended to ourselves all this time.”
 
“Until Edward met Bella.” Emmett laughed.
 
“I know Daddy.” Nessie said. “And no shopping for the occasion either Aunt Alice.”
 
“No fair!” Alice shouted.
 
So the next day, Jacob, Nessie and Luna rode home in Jacob's Rabbit while the rest of us went hunting. Especially Jasper so our bloodlust would be under control while Luna was in our household.
 
Esme had made a huge dinner when we came back which unfortunately meant that in order to keep our secret a secret we would have to eat human food too. Which for this particular occasion were roasted chicken, corn, and mashed potatoes. I don't know how Nessie can handle human food but it must be her human side.
 
About a half hour later Luna, Nessie, and Jacob came home and we all greeted them like a normal family.
 
“Hello sweetheart.” Esme said.
 
“Hello Mr. and Mrs. Cullen.” Luna replied. “My name is Luna Eclipse.” She said and Carlisle extended his hand to shake it and Luna hesitantly shook it in order to not be rude I suppose.
 
“Please call us Carlsile and Esme.” Carlisle added.
 
“Alright then.”
 
“You've met our children.”
 
“Um…only Edward, Japser, Emmett and Nessie really however I was introduced to Bella, Roseile, Alice and Jacob though.”
 
“Oh, I'm not their son. I'm Nessie's boyfriend.” Jacob said.
 
“Dang straight he's not related to me.” I heard Roseile thought.
 
“Oh sorry about that Jacob.” Luna replied with a smile. “So Nessie, ready to go down?”
 
“You'll be the one going down!” Nessie added and they headed into our huge gymasiam to play their game and Emmett and Jasper followed them since they had a bet on the girls.
 
I followed also to make sure Jasper stayed in control since we have no idea how well Luna's coordination is at all since all she really was, was goalie in gym the past two days.
 
So when we got to the gym Luna and Jasper ended up teaming up with one another while Emmett and Nessie teamed up and I sat on the sidelines. I tossed a coin to see which team would get the ball first and when the coin landed in my hand I covered it quickly.
 
“So girls call it.”
 
“Um…tails.” Luna said.
 
“Heads then.” Nessie added and when I uncovered it, it was tails.
 
The girls checked the ball before the game officially started and then she passed the ball to Jasper and they ran a couple of rather good plays.
 
For a good while Luna and Jasper were in the lead until Emmett used the wall to pass the ball to Nessie and it bounced off the wall the wrong way and slammed into Luna's face who was currently running over to help Jasper guard Emmett and the force knocked her to the ground.
 
“Emmett!” We shouted intentionally and angerly as we surrounded Luna while she clutched a heavily bleeding nose and Jasper ran out as quickly as humanly possible.
 
“What's wrong with Jasper?”
 
“he can't stand the sight of blood.” I said. “Carlisle!” I called and two seconds later Carlisle came into the room.
 
“Jasper told me Luna got hurt. What did Emmett do?”
 
“Why are you assuming it was me?”
 
“Later Emmett. Edward, Nessie, Luna, what happened?”
 
“It's nothing Carlisle I'm okay.” Luna said letting go of her nose and she was the blood on her hand and I could tell something was wrong.
 
It seemed like Luna was comptinplating on wheither or not to lick or suck the blood off her hand but eventually she just asked if there was a bathroom nearby where she could wash her hands and Nessie led her there.
 
“She wanted her own blood?” I asked unsurely.
 
“Wait what?”
 
“She looked like she wanted her own blood.” I replied.
 
“Again tell me what happened?”
 
“Emmett bounced the ball off the wall and it slammed into her face.” I explained. “Jasper almost lost his resolve but he left in time.”
 
“What'd you tell her?”
 
“He gets ill at the sight of blood.”
 
“Good that'll be believable. I'm going to go check on her. I'll be back.”
 
“So she actually wanted her own blood? Weird.” Emmett said.
 
“So it seems although I still can't read her mind.” I added.
 
“So you don't know for sure or not.”
 
“Right.”
 
A few minutes later Luna and Nessie came in and all the blood was gone.
 
“Are you alright?” Emmett asked.
 
“Yeah no break or anything.” Luna said. “Is Jasper okay though?”
 
“He'll be just fine.”
 
“That's good.”
 
“Luna why do you care for my brother?” I asked.
 
“I care for everyone. I hate for people to be sick or in pain. Jasper always looks like in pain except for in gym yesterday he actually looked like he was having fun. However I know that Alice is dating him and I would never stand in their way. I just want people to not be in any pain if it's possible to avoid it.” Luna explained and I could hear Bella, Alice, and Rose say `aww' and Jasper was thinking the same thing. “It's getting late. I should go and do my home work. Later Nessie.” She added.
 
“Don't you want a ride?”
 
“Um…no thanks.” Luna added. “It's actually not that far from here.” Luna said sadly as she left.
 
“Bipolar much?” Emmett asked and I slapped him in the head.
 
“Stop it Emmett.” I said.
 
“Dad?” Nessie asked. “Why was she sad when she mentioned her home?”
 
“I have no clue Nessie.” I added kissing her forehead. “I really don't know.”
 
 
Well that's chapter two. However I don't think that these chapter will be longer than six or seven pages typed. It's actually only four hand written because I write extremely small but then you add the double spaces and everything and it gets longer. It'll be two weeks until the next chapter no matter where you read this story because my Mom is going out of state for her boyfriend's grandmother's funeral and I have term paper and essays to write that need the internet that I just got yesterday and we're leaving Friday or the day after Christmas for whenever you read this and won't be back until the day after new years and I'm staying at my grandmothers where all she has is a telvision and a maltiese that I taught to whisper bark and to smile for cameras. (no lie) And I'm brining my wii to play but I will no longer have wifi like I do in my house so I can't use the internet on my wii to read or review stories so I will read all the stories I have favorited or story alerted when I come back and respond to any reviews or PM's I receive so don't be afraid to leave any.
 
Thanks again for reading
Luna.