Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ A New half breed ❯ Wonderings ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter has two POV's instead of creating two chapters because Edward's POV would only be about two handwritten pages so I didn't see a point to make it into a part one or part two. I'm running out of ideas for this so if you guys are reading it please leave a review or PM to help me out. I know who's going to adopt Luna but I don't know how to go about it without shorting the story. So to any twilight authors/readers out there please help me! This is also on fanfiction too now so if you guys don't have a MediaMiner account but have a fanfiction drop me a line there my pen name is exactly the same so it's easy to find just search my name. Thanks so much.
 
Wonderings
(Jacob's POV)
 
My clan and I all gathered at my house shortly after Luna left the Cullen's house and even though I had my own clan of only four wolves my old clan led by my best friend Sam was always welcome at my house.
 
Sue and Emily were in the kitchen making dinner while Quil and Seth were playing Tom Clancy's End War on my 360. (To make matters worse I hate that game and I had to watch Emmett and Jasper play it at the Cullen's house and they were in the same spot.)
 
I was sick of the video game so I headed into the kitchen to help the girls make dinner.
 
“Hello Jacob.” Sue said sweetly. “Are you hungry?”
 
“Not really. Nessie had a human friend from school go to her house so Esme made a huge meal but since Emmett accidentally slammed a ball into her face she left early. Nessie and I ate as much as we could so Esme wouldn't waste it. She doesn't believe in leftovers for the next day's dinner.” I said.
 
“It's because she gets the thrill of cooking for her granddaughter. They can't eat human food themselves you know.”
 
“Duh.” I said as Sam came in.
 
“Alright Jake explain to me this. How the hell does he “accidentally” slam a ball into a mortal's face?”
 
“I don't think she's a mortal and he bounced the ball off the wall and while she was running to block or steal the ball the angle was wrong and slammed into her face.”
 
“Wait, what do you mean she might not be mortal?”
 
“She smells just like Nessie does. Just worse because I don't love her of course and I do Nessie. Edward also believes that he can read minds like he can but only by touching a person kinda like Nessie can share her memories by touching a person.” I explained.
 
“She would know if she was immortal. She would have…unusual parents.” Quil added in my head.
 
“Not nessicarraly. Her parents could've been killed. She seems like she A) doesn't have a very distant memory, or B) she's adopted and is raised by mortals. She's not a member of the Cullen's family obviously.
 
“Monitor her. If she seems like a half vampire we will either have to kill her or have the Cullen's take her in. she must live on their Vegetarian life style if she doesn't crave human blood already.” Sam said.
 
“Wait, wasn't it sunny today?”
 
“Maybe up here but all of us attended school today.” I said. “We didn't have to worry about them glowing or sparkling.”
 
“Dang it. That would be more than enough proof to see if she was a bloodsucker.” Quil said.
 
“Quil. We agreed not to call them that anymore.” Sam glared.
 
“When'd that happen?!” I asked shocked.
 
“When Nessie and you started dating.”
 
“Yeah just admit it you're going to ask Nessie to marry you someday.” Emily said as her and Leah came into the room.
 
“I can't. The treaty forbids it.” I replied sadly.
 
“Your dad changed the treaty a bit. Nessie is allowed on our land whenever she wants to spend time with us and Carlisle allowed us on his land to see her and Bella when we want, within reason of course. However, Nessie can't hunt on this land and the rest of the family can only come on the lands invited or Nessie's hurt, sick, or in any type of trouble.” Sam explained.
 
“And the best part for you is that you can ask her to marry you.” Quil said.
 
“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!” I asked. “Sweet!”
 
“Hey Jacob, about that hybrid you were talking about. Did she lust for blood at all?” Sam asked getting back on subject.
 
“Actually, Nessie told me that she looked like she wanted her own blood but refused since Edward, Nessie, Emmett, Jasper, and Carlisle were around.”
 
“Maybe…no it's not possible.” Seth mumbled.
 
“What is it Seth?”
 
“Maybe…her blood is enough to sustain her.”
 
“Hold the phone. Do vampires even bleed?” Sam asked.
 
“Good question. I've never seen a vampire bleed. Not even Nessie but Edward and the others are so protective she's hardly ever gotten hurt.”
 
“Call Carlisle and ask him. The guy's over six hundred years old or so right?”
 
“Five hundred and some years I think. But that's beside the point.” I said. “I'll just head over there again. I can spend some time with the others and get our questions answered.”
 
So I left the house and got ready to phase into my werewolf form because running was way faster than my Rabbit. Don't get me wrong through I love my handmade car but I love to feel free the same way my ancestors did.
 
On the way to the Cullen's house I heard some sticks break and it made me stop in my tracks. I carefully looked around and sorted through the scents and soon I heard a scream and then a bush rustle and then I panicked. Standing looking at me completely in shock and horror was Luna she recovered her bearings and she ran as fast as Nessie could and she was running towards the main road so I just let her go. After all, she wouldn't know it was me and therefore no one was harmed.
 
Or so I thought.
 
I suddenly heard a car's horn and tires screech on the pavement as the breaks were suddenly slammed in order to avoid something on the main road and at the speed Luna was running, it was possibly her.
 
“Damn it!” I shouted and I ran, still in my wolf form a little bit and when I got to the point I could see through the trees there was a car off the road and Luna was on the road bleeding.
 
I quickly phased back and put my clothes on before I ran down the hill.
 
“Hey!” I called to the driver. “What happened?”
 
“This kid fell down the hill you came from and I hit her. I'll admit that I was speeding.”
 
“What are you doing here?” I asked pulling out my cell phone. “This whole area is private property.” I added as I called Carlisle.
 
“Dr. Cullen.” He said since his phone was also his work phone for home calls for certain people. “Carlisle can you get to La Push ASAP? Luna got hit by a car.”
 
“On my way.” He said and hung up.
 
The damned driver escaped while my attention was on Luna and Carlisle but instead of trying to catch him Luna was more important since she wasn't breathing and guess what…I DON'T KNOW CPR?!
 
I found a well padded area of grass on the hill so I gently picked Luna up and moved her to the patch of grass and that's when I saw the answer to all our questions. A bite mark similar to the one that Bella had gotten from that bastard of a vampire James. This meant that she was a vampire but possibly a half breed because her heart was still beating humanely and strongly.
 
Just then Bella's father's police cruiser came around the corner that Charlie had given to Carlisle to use for vampire/werewolf emergencies like this one.
 
Once the car parked Edward, Emmett and Carlisle came over to us.
 
“Carlisle she stopped breathing.” I said. “I don't know CPR either.”
 
“Move.” He said not intending to be cold of course as he and Edward started CPR.
 
“How long?” Edward asked.
 
“About two minutes but she's a vampire or was. She has the same mark HE gave her.” I said. “Someone had to suck out the venom but didn't get it all so she somewhat turned.
 
“This might make it easier to handle.” Carlisle added checking to her pulse.
 
“How the hell did she get hit by a car? She's here and the skid marks are over here.” Emmett asked examining the tire tracks. “I'd say he was doing at least fifty.”
 
“If she didn't die on impact she may have a shot at living.” Edward replied. “So answer the man how'd this happen?”
 
“She saw my wolf form.” I said “This is Quillett land still so she shouldn't have been here.”
 
“Don't worry. When she wakes up she'll probably think she's hallucinated if she doesn't think so we'll tell her that she did.” Carlisle replied. “We got her breathing again and her heart beat's stable. Let's get her to the house. When we get there Emmett search for her family that way we can let them know where she is.”
 
“Wait, what about Jasper? He couldn't handle Luna's bloody nose the other day so he won't be a calm millenarian.” Edward asked.
 
“Call Alice. Tell her to get Jasper out of the house for a couple of hours. I'll have Luna bloodless by then.” Carlisle added. “Jacob, you help me get her into the car.”
 
“Yeah sure.” I said.
 
I picked Luna up as gently if not more as I did before and when I put her in the car she started to moan.
 
“Is she waking up?”
 
“No, she's in pain. Her back is hurt pretty bad I'd bet due to the concrete. The ride won't be easy on her.” Edward said. “She's scared.”
 
“Can you read her thoughts now?” I asked
 
“No, they're still pitch black. It's her heart that gives it away. It's fast but not fast enough for her body to be in shock yet.” Edward explained.
 
Soon we arrived at the Cullen's house and I carried Luna to Carlisle's medical office downstairs that had the atmosphere of a normal hospital room without the chaos which is a plus in my opinion. Especially for Luna's case, she might be able to relax easier without being surrounded by people and being in a strange place.
 
“Jacob, Bella, Nessie and the others are in the living room. Go hang out with them. Carlisle and I will take care of her.” Edward said reassuringly and you can never go against a doctor's words.
 
“Alright.” I added and I reluctantly went upstairs to the living room where the others were.
 
“Jake!” Nessie said and rushed over to me. “Will she be alright?”
 
“I don't know Nessie. I'm not a doctor although it was my entire fault.”
 
“What did you do!?” Nessie asked since Luna was her first human friend she was worried about her.
 
“Luna was in the reservation's forest. I was coming to tell Carlisle something Sam suggested and I decided to be a wolf for half the way since our land is private and she saw me, got scared, and got hit by the damn car.” I said. “She has a chance though and I doubt we have to worry about it. She has vampire blood in her veins.”
 
“Jake we don't know that.”
 
“I do.”
 
“Huh? Sam knows her family or something?” Bella asked.
 
“Remember that mark you used to have before Edward turned you where HE bit you?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“She has the same mark which means she got bitten by someone, sucked most of the venom out but failed to get it all.”
 
“I don't know anything about that. The only one who would know that kind of information would be the Voltari and maybe Carlisle but that's it. I figure ever a little venom can change a human completely but I could be wrong.” Bella said. “Take Nessie to her room Jacob. You two have school even if Luna's injured.”
 
“Alright Mom. Tell Dad, Grandpa, Uncle Jasper, Aunt Alice and the others goodnight.” Nessie said and we headed upstairs to her room. “I'll need a human moment.” She added
 
She headed to her bathroom and after a few minutes she came back with her hair in a ponytail and her pajamas on and she climbed into the bed with me and I kissed her forehead. (THAT'S AS FAR AS WE GO FOR THOSE PERVERTS OUT THERE)
 
“Jake do you think she'll be alright?”
 
“She's being treated by your father and grandfather isn't she? She's in the best hands possible. Carlisle has over 350 years of experience or so.”
 
“But if something happens she'll die. Carlisle won't turn her.”
 
“Who knows? He might especially because she's a half breed.” I added and I went over to her boom box and turned on her favorite song called Lullaby for a stormy night which puts her to sleep which is what I wanted since we did have school the next day and it would also calm her down some.
 
The next morning Bella came in and woke me and I saw her looking at me.
 
“What don't trust me?” I asked with a grin.
 
“I do, but someone forgot a device called an alarm clock. You have a half hour before school starts.” Bella laughed.
 
“Damn it!” I shouted. “Nessie wake up.”
 
“What?” She moaned. She never was a morning person.
 
 
 
“We have a half an hour before school starts.”
 
“God dang it!” Nessie added and she rushed around in a vampire panic throwing everything on and around.
 
I couldn't do that so I just did the same in werewolf speed and then I headed down to the kitchen and I saw Jasper and Alice making us pop tarts.
 
“Jasper are you alright to be here dude?” I asked.
 
“Yeah. Edward and Carlisle managed to stop the bleeding completely.” Jasper said.
 
“She'll be alright within two weeks. She's staying here until we find her parents. She has to wake up first because the address in school isn't an actual address.” Alice said.
 
“That's unusual.” I whispered.
 
“Yeah we said the same thing.” Emmett added. “We've never done such a thing.”
 
“What if she's an orphan?” I said. “She might've not wanted to be put in an orphanage or foster home.”
 
“That's possible.” Edward said as he and Nessie came in. “When will she wake up Alice?”
 
“Later today. She'll be in a lot of pain. After all, she had a lot of broken bones you said.”
 
“How many?” I asked.
 
“Seven including some ribs. We had to shock her five times to bring her back when her heart stopped. Do a transfusion but Carlisle did that part and she has a much of stitches.” Edward explained.
 
“Damn that sounds painful even for immortals.”
 
“She's mortal.”
 
“Mortal? But the mark on her arms and her speed.” I said shocked.
 
“She is more human than vampire. Her blood barely has venom in it. As long as she will live she'll only have her speed and her psychic abilities.” Edward replied.
 
“She will also never need to drink human or animal blood.” Bella added.
 
“Lucky one.” Edward added growling.
 
“Daddy.” Nessie said in a warning tone.
 
“Sorry. Carlisle has taken night shifts so he can watch Luna during the day so let's go to school.
 
“Good idea. Grab your poptarts Nessie.” I added and we headed to school
 
 
Edward's POV
 
As we all headed to school either in my Volvo or Emmett's Jeep I couldn't help but wonder what we were going to do about Luna. Even if she's technically mortal she is still a vampire and can still reveal or kind. She experienced the same burning inferno we all did, well minus Nessie and I suppose the first ever vampire in existence and she also has powers. We are 85% sure that she can read minds while I just hear thoughts. What I would give to have that limitation she has because it would make me feel hell of a lot more normal.
 
We honestly don't know what to do about Luna either. She may not know what she kind of is, which is a vampire, but like I told Jacob she'll never be considered a monster like we are. She'll never sparkle in the sunlight, doesn't have to resist the urge to drink either human or animal blood like we do. However her powers can revile us like I said. The internet is a crazy thing now and days, after all it's how Bella figured out I was a vampire when we first met. So we'd have to keep an eye on her to make sure that we would be safe until we got out of Forks or until she died. Whichever we chose to do.
 
However, now we did have a problem. Luna saw Jacob in his werewolf form ran away at vampire speed and got hit by a car. She's going to be okay but we can't find her family to let them know where she is. The address at school was a fake and the address was just an empty lot. We didn't want to be charged with kidnapping among other charges.
 
We headed to school in order to keep our charade up and eventually a girl approached us and she looked worried.
 
“Um…you're Edward Cullen right? Did Luna ever go to your house yesterday?” She asked.
 
“Yeah why?”
 
“No one's seen her today.”
 
“She got hit by a car near La Push. She's in a privitate hospital my father owns on our land so my Dad can take care of her since Jacob found her and that hospital was closer. She'll be fine and back in school in two weeks. She just has a lot of broken bones.
 
“Alright then. Tell her to call me.”
 
“And you're…”
 
“Oh right. I'm Kate and she has my phone number already.”
 
“It might be a few days. Dad said she'll be in a lot of pain.” I said and Nessie came up to us.
 
“Edward, we gotta go to class.”
 
“You're right.” I added.
 
Afterwards we all had to say what happened to Luna hundreds of times and in the end we were so exhausted we thought we would fall asleep which was physically impossible for us expect for Nessie and Jacob. (Who actually did fall asleep in the Jeep)
 
Once everyone woke up or rested up we headed downstairs to the hospital ward we had to check on Luna and relieve Carlisle so he could rest before heading to the hospital to start his job and Esme laid on the bed with Luna, who was awake, whispering in her ear that it would be alright while a breathing mask was on her face.
 
“What's wrong?” Bella asked softly. “Are you in pain?”
 
“Yeah but that's not it.” Luna said.
 
“What is it?” Jasper asked
 
“I need to tell you guys something important.”
 
“Just calm down Luna.” Esme added. “What is it Luna?”
 
“The truth about me.” Luna sighed.