Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ A New half breed ❯ The Truth ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Being the idiot I am I just realized that I was spelling Rosalie's name wrong for the past four chapters so I apologize and it is fixed now. From this chapter on. Mostly because I don't know how to edit chapters here.
Truth (Luna's POV)
 
I woke up around mid afternoon and I was in a hospital room but because it was so quiet I knew it wasn't an actual hospital so I started to panic. I didn't know where the hell I was; I didn't even know what happened to me. All I knew was that my chest burned and did so even more when I breathed, my arm, leg, knee, and head all throbbed painfully and added to my steadily growing panic attack. Let's just say that I wasn't happy.
 
Machines beeped erratically and loudly and eventually Carlisle and Esme came running into the room.
 
“What's wrong with her Carlisle?” Esme asked
 
“She's having a panic attack.” Carlisle added pulling out breathing mask and put it over my mouth and nose while Esme tried to calm me down and soon the rest of the family came in.
 
“Oh great.” I thought, “They're probably trying to track down my family…my inexistent family. I might as well tell them.” I thought.
 
“What's wrong? Are you in pain?” Bella asked.
 
“Yeah but that's not it.”
 
“Then what?” Jasper asked.
 
“I need to tell you guys something important.” I replied.
 
“Just calm down.” Esme said. “Now, what is it Luna?”
 
“The truth about me.” I said. “I figured that you guys are searching for my family right?”
 
“Yeah we already found out the address the school has was a false address.”
 
“To be completely honest I have amnesia. My memories only lasts about a year or so back. One day I woke up with a man and woman with gunshot wounds in their skulls and I knew they were already dead. I was found shortly after I woke up and was arrested on two murder charges. They let me go when I passed a lie dector test and they later diagnosed me with long-term amnesia. I assumed those two people who were dead next to me were my parents so I was put into a foster home.
 
“With nothing but my name in my memory I started living with a family who was abusive verberally and physically. I only go to eat a dollars worth of school food, which was a bag of chips that didn't hold me over at all so I leaned what wild life around my school was edible.
 
“It was shortly after I had enough. I ran away and got a job at a local diner and I used the money I earned to buy food at the dollar store. I used to roam the streets until I found an abandoned warehouse at the end of the town and I made my home there. That's when things got weird.” I explained.
 
“Weird how honey?” Esme asked.
 
“No, not now.” Carlisle said. “She needs rest. She can tell us the rest when she heals.”
 
“No please! Let me finish!” I shouted. “You and Edward are doctors right? Maybe you two can help me!”
 
“How'd you know Edward was a doctor?” Jasper asked shocked.
 
“It's part of the weird things that have been happening to me.”
 
“Luna, you should rest. We've been keeping a watch on you we know that nothing is mentally or physically wrong beyond your broken bones and cut on your head and your amnesia. If there truly was we would tell you.” Edward said. “We have to consider your health. Jasper, can I talk to you?”
 
“Sure.” Jasper added as they left the room.
 
“Does he not understand Carlisle? I'm scared, I need to know.” I said.
 
“Edward does care Luna. He just wants your body to be stronger so that it's easier for you. It's easy for your body to get extremely fatigued right now because your body needs to focus on mending your bones and cut. Therefore it's important that you take it easy.” Carlisle said. “Are you hungry?”
 
“Uh, yeah.”
 
“Rosalie, why don't you and Alice make her some early dinner?” He asked
 
“Sure! I bet Luna would love a home cooked meal!” Alice happily before leaving the door.
 
Suddenly, I felt a wave of udder calm fill my body out of nowhere. I suppose it could've been a side effect of one of my pain medications but it would be highly unlikely chance that that'll be the case.
 
I tried to avoid the feeling by starting to fidget uncontrollably and Esme tried to calm me down but then another, more stronger wave of calm hit me and let's just say that didn't make me happy at all. Especially because I knw that it wasn't the medicine anymore. It also made me not to want to trust the Cullen family anymore.
 
To many weird things were happening to me since I met them and left New York and since I was now in the Cullen home it's just been getting weirder for me every second so it's not surprising why I can't trust them anymore. All I wanted was some damn answers after all. It was if I was in Prison again since they didn't give me any answers until after the lie detector test.
 
Soon the girls came back and carried a tray of seafood.
 
“Dinner's ready!” Alice said.
 
“Um…I'm sorry but I'm highly allergic to seafood.” I said. “The diner gives me dinner there for free when I work there and one day I had seafood and I almost died.”
 
“What'd you eat?” Rosalie asked.
 
“Steamed lobster, tuna, and Kalamari. Small portions each, they were new to the menu then so I helped them try them out.” I added.
 
“Anything else?”
 
“Um…baked beans, yams, sweet potatos, and beets. You learn a lot when your in the diner but only the fish, Yams, and sweet potatos sent me to the hospital. The others just make me dizzy and feel faint.” I said with a fake smile.
 
“Don't worry. Nessie and Jake will eat it okay.” Rosalie smiled and I just sighed.
 
“Esme, this is to much.”
 
“What is?”
 
“Everything. I can't take it anymore. I caused to much trouble. I wish that person who killed my parents killed me too.” I said. “I'm so lost!” I said and I started to cry and hide. Just then Jasper came in and he looked at me with a pained look again.
 
“Everything okay?” He asked.
 
“I don't know. She's extremely stressed.”
 
“Stressed? I wonder.” Jasper whispered and he went upstairs and came back with a CD and boombox. He hooked it up and the music that came back was beautiful. Unlike anything I've ever heard for some reason. It was calming, soothing, and the tune just felt…right.
 
It didn't take long for me to calm down and eventually fall asleep which made me feel bad because Alice and Rosalie spent time cooking me dinner and I just fell asleep on them. Although they heated it up when I woke up.
 
A week later Carlisle said I was doing extremely well and that I could finish my tale so the whole family and Jacob was in the room.
 
“Alright Luna. What were those weird things that have been happening to you?” Carlisle asked.
 
“Well I came to Forks from New York. But while in New York I was running and I managed to break 65 miles per hour because I ran passed a police speedometer so I know those are true. I was also able to read minds by touching them but that only happened one time before I met Edward that day in the office. Then the day I was hit by the car I actually wanted to drink the blood from my bloody nose. Sure it's normal if you get a papercut or something but the amount I had wasn't at all. Then later I saw an animal that was far off from a bear. I think it was a werewolf. Jacob, you live in La Push right? I think you should be careful.”
 
“I do and that leads me to a question. What were you doing in La Push?” Jacob asked.
 
“I was heading to the warehouse I live in. it's just on the outskirts of La Push.”
 
“How do you know that?”
 
“The, “You are not leaving/entering La Push Reservation” sign.”
 
“Bill told Quil to take that down.” Jacob growled.
 
“Luna, are you aware of the moon shaped mark on your arm?”
 
“Yeah, I always had that mark. It's my family crest. My mom and Dad had the same mark on them.” I said “It more than likely stands for my religon. Whatever that is. So what do you think Carlisle” What's up with these weird powers of mine?”
 
“We can tell her.” Alice said.
 
“You can see her now?”
 
“Alice is blind!? Oh my god!” I whispered in shock and Edward laughed.
 
“She's not blind.” Edward chuckled. “She's a fourtune teller/psychic.”
 
“Psychic? I used to do that too. But only twice I think. And only while I was asleep. I dreamed about the allergic reaction to the fish and it happened, and believe it or not I had another one while I was unconscious but I doubt that one's right.” I said.
 
“Care to share?”
 
“You're all going to tell me we're all vampires minus Jacob.” I whispered.
 
“Not all.” Jasper said sitting next to me. “You're still mortal just a little…off.”
 
“Off?”
 
“The mark on your hand and the ones on your parents aren't family crests. They're bite marks. A vampire killed them by sucking out them bone dry. They did the same to you but my guess it was to try to turn you into one of us. However someone sucked out most of the venom but not all giving you the speed and your mind reading abilities and possibly your visions.”
 
“So I was turned.”
 
“Kinda.” Bella started. “You're a hybrid or half breed like Nessie. However you are not frozen in time like she is so we call you mortal. You will eventually die while she's stuck in her current age. Also you will never need to drink human or animal blood.”
 
“Animal blood?”
 
“We're vegetarians. We don't drink human blood at all.” Rosalie said.
 
“Oh. So the speed, mind reading abilities and everything else is actually normal for me?”
 
“Yes dear, it's all completely normal for us. In a week everything will be all healed.”
 
“However you'd still need to wear the cast.” Carlisle said.
 
“Why?”
 
“Some people asked where you were. I told them your injuries.” Edward said.
 
“Aw man! Thanks Edward.” I moaned.
 
“Why can't she just wear the boot thing like I did when…”Bella started but stopped.
 
“Are you alright Bella?” I asked.
 
“When Bella was human she was hunted by a vampire. It cased the two a lot of pain.” Alice said.
 
“Bella, do you mind if I asked you how you were turned to a vampire? Were you almost dead?”
 
“Not at all and no I wasn't near death. Well that's not completely true I suppose. I was near death. When I was human, I married Edward shortly after my first High school graduation. While on our honeymoon…” Bella paused in order to find a good word to use. “Things happened and I got really ill. We rushed back and I found out I was pregnant with Nessie but since she developed a lot faster than normal babies my pregnancy last around four months instead of nine but it drained me the entire time and I had to drink blood as a human to sustain Nessie because human food didn't cut it for her.
 
“Finally the time came for me to give birth and I did or I should say I tried to give birth to her. Nessie was starting to kill me because I ran out of energy and a c-section was impossible because the vampire genes Edward passed on pretty much made my womb a turtle's shell and impossible to cut through to get to her. So Edward had no choice to change me after I passed Nessie because I wanted to be there for her. Nessie was a miracle to this family. After all, Vampires are supposed to reproduce. So I gave Edward his little miracle.” Bella finished her tale. “The others I wouldn't recommend asking how they were turned.”
 
“Gotcha.” I said. “Then Nessie met Jacob in school or something?”
 
“Nessie's first ever day of school was the day we met you. Nessie and Jacob knew each other since before she was born because her powers were already at work.” Edward explained. “Bastard had to imprint on my daughter when she was two days old though.”
 
“Imprint?”
 
“It's a ritual werewolves perform on those who are our soul mates and we know who they are right away. We will be what ever the one we imprint on want us to be. A brother, best friend, or life companion otherwise known as husband in your case some day. At first I was her best friend, then her brother, and now I'm her boyfriend.” Jacob explained.
 
“You're a werewolf?”
 
“Yeah. I'm actually the reason you got hit by a car. I'm sorry.” Jacob replied.
 
“You drove the car?”
 
“No, remember the creature you said you saw that was possibly a werewolf?”
 
“That was you!? No way!”
 
“Yeah and I can prove it.”
 
“Not here Jacob.” Nessie said.
 
“No wonder you're a giant. Are you the only Werewolf?”
 
“No, in my clan which we're kinda like Indians it's herediatary among the males. There are also seven others.” Jacob said.
 
“Is that why La Push is priviate land?”
 
“Yeah so we can run in our forms without being spotted usually.”
 
“Sorry.”
 
“On the brightside. He makes on hell of a heater if anyone's ever cold.” Nessie laughed. “His tempature is 105 all the time and add that to his fur if he's in his wolf form you're all set.”
 
“Like I giant puppy dog.” I laughed.
 
“Hell yeah!”
 
“So Carlisle, what are we going to do?” Emmett asked.
 
“About what son?” Carlisle asked.
 
“Luna. She can't live in the werehouse.”
 
“Sure I can.” I said but I was ignored.
 
“Simple she'll stay with us.” Esme said.
 
“I'll be putting you guys at risk.” I said. “No offense but I'll age and you don't. if I live with you guys I might not want to go and I'll have to do someday. The only way around that is if you turn me completely. And I know that won't happen. You guys are compassionate. I'll figure something out once I heal. I don't want to expose you all. I can't even control my ablilties well. Especially my speed that takes the most out of me. When I run it's hard not to run at my fullest. If I accidently expose you guys I'll never forgive myself.”
 
“Don't worry about it.” Jacob said. “Maybe you'll freeze someday too.”
 
“Jacob you heard everyone. I'll age there's no way around that. Unless I change fully.”
 
“I wonder if Nessie bit you.” Jacob mumbled.
 
“I'm not a venomness vampire Jacob. That's why I'm with you.”
 
“So you don't turn him into a vampire either?”
 
“No, a vampire's bite means death to a werewolf. Almost instantly.” Edward explained.
 
“Oh. I do actually wonder that by already having venom in you if you'll turn completely or not.” Carlisle said. “However we're not going to damn you to our life.”
 
“Not trying to be mean but aren't I already damned just being a vampire because I'm not of His creations? Even if it's just barely?”
 
“No because you can die.”
 
“How do you know I can die?”
 
“When you first got his you died a couple of times.” Edward explained. “We have a referberator here so we could bring you back to life.”
 
“So not to be rude, but I wonder if I can go to heaven or not. Just because I have vampire blood.”
 
“It's barely noticeable.” Carlisle added. “You can actually pass it as active white blood cell syndrome.” (BY THE WAY I MADE THAT UP)
 
“Huh?”
 
“You have more white blood cells than normal.” Jasper added. “We use that pretty often most of the time. If we want a job and have to have blood tests done. To make sure we're not on drugs.”
 
“A job? What about the sun?” I asked.
 
“Simple. Late night movie theater jobs in Port Angeles.” Emmett smirked.
 
“Really? I haven't been to Port Angeles before. Especially movie theaters. Heck I haven't watched T.V. either.”
 
“Well we'd have to take you!” Alice said. “You'd need new clothes too.”
 
“Clothes? I have clothes though.”
 
“They're not Alice's standards.” Bella mumbled.
 
“well Excuse me!” I shouted.
 
“How about we'd get you up and around.” Carlisle suggested. “Jasper, can you go and find a pair of crutches for her please?”
 
“Sure.” Jasper replied.
 
“Wait, don't you work Carlisle? You're going to be late!” I realized.
 
“Luna, I'm a vampire.” Carlisle smiled. “I can get there under five minutes.” Carlisle replied.
 
“Wow. That fast?”
 
“Yeah but Edward is the fast vampire out of us.” Bella said. “Judging from your story you might be a close second.”
 
“I always feel like I can go faster. Sometimes I just feel held back because I do hold myself back.”
 
“Once you heal, we'll take you somewhere you can run safely and fully.” Esme promised. “Are you hungry dear?”
 
“For a snack but not a full out meal.” I said.
 
“Anything you like or want to try?”
 
“Popcorn.”
 
“Popcorn?” Jacob asked.
 
“Yeah. I smelt popcorn one day. It smells good.”
 
“I bet it was when Jacob took me to the movies the other day. I brought popcorn back with me. It could've traveled through the vents.” Nessie said.
 
“I know! Let's have a huge movie night!” Alice said.
 
“Good idea.” Rosalie said. “Come on Emmett, let's get some horror movies to watch.”
 
“Um…I can't watch horror films. I have a mental problem with them.” I said. “Unless their animated.”
 
“I thought you said you never watched television or been to a movie theater before.”
 
“School in New York let's us watch horror films while we studied Egar Alan Poe to see how some horror films are dark just like his works are.” I said. “School doesn't really count though.”
 
“Oh. Anything else you liked to watch?”
 
“Um…Comedy, action/adventure, animated, or musical.”
 
“Alright. Come on dear.” Rosalie replied dragging Emmett away.
 
“Aw I wanted to see The Unborn.” Emmett moaned.
 
“That's in theaters dumbass.” Jasper laughed. “Luna's too weak to go to Port Angeles yet.”
 
“Gee thanks Jasper.” I replied.
 
“I meant your body not your spirit. Like we said, next week you'll be alright.”
 
“Minus faking the broken leg.” I said. “Can't Edward be wrong for once and I just sprained it?” I moaned. “ I can't stand casts.”
 
“Sorry. I'm never wrong.” Edward replied. “Besides, I do treat people in town along with Carlisle. It wouldn't look good I can't tell a sprain from a break.”
 
“You're still suspossed to be human! Say you never examined me and heard Carlisle wrong!”
 
“You're human!”
 
“Mostly but I'm still wrong! I thought Jacob was a giant grizzly bear since werewolves didn't exist but apparently they do. I was way off on that one!”
 
“Edward, Luna that's enough!” Esme shouted.
 
“Sorry Mom/Esme.” We sighed while Jacob boomed with laughter.
 
“You too Jacob.” Esme scolded.
 
“Na na na na na na.” I thought and Jasper cleared his throat.
 
“Want to try and walk?” He asked and the pain that was usually on his face was there again which made me feel bad since like I said before I hate people to be in pain.
 
“Um…sure.” I said.
 
Jasper came over and handed me the crutches and Nessie helped me move the leg that in the cast since I was having trouble and then helped me get myself steady on the crutches before I hobbled around to see if I could use them and I could.
 
So we all headed upstairs to start the movie day and I did have trouble getting up the stars but I did get up there and then the journey to the family room was a breeze and I sat on the couch.
 
After Carlisle made sure I was alright he headed out to work.
 
“Luna please feel confortable in our family.” Carlisle said and left.
 
“I seriously think I will.” I thought and I couldn't hold back a smile.
 
 
Well I got four chapters done within two weeks. I read two twilight stories in this time but I write the chapters out and then type them so I suppose that's time consuming. I'm taking a few weeks off of this story to write my other stories I've been negelting such as Lunar Alchemist and Full Fire both of which I'm going to put on media miner within the next couple of days so we'll see where those two take me too. Since Mediaminer allows plain fiction as well I might post normal fiction stories I have produced too but since I hear nothing from that site and I've gotten two story alerts for this story and no reviews I don't know because I think my stories suck minus my gang in school and those two people. So I beg you
 
PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU THINK OF MY STORIES GOOD OR BAD I'LL TAKE IT!
 
Thanks