Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ A New half breed ❯ Movie Time, History, and Pain ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay two quick things that have happened that I forgot to mention. One I got a Gaia online account so if you guys want to talk or hang out with me there look me up. My name is Elle Elric there since both my pagan name and my penname was taken and I wasn't going to be old fashioned Luna Eclipse on Gaia because that seems retarded and that's the only thing available with my pagan name which will become my real name in a year aka when I turn eighteen. And two, Luna will have a rant in this chapter, which has a lot of curse words. If you want to skip that line I will let you know when it is by putting this mark O.O in front of the paragraph she starts to speak and I will put it back in when she's done saying her line. It's the harshest line of cursing I'm going to do and I don't want to boost the rating of this story to M just for a single line of information so I'm letting you guys know now. After this is for teenagers you should be able to handle it right?….man I just sounded like an a hole. Lol.
Movie Time, Histories, and Pain
(Luna's POV)
 
I think it took Rosalie and Emmett about a half hour or so until they got back with an extremely enormous bag filled with movies, different types of popcorn, different gummies, and other various candies, chips, and movie materials for our little entertainment day. After I was forced by Jacob to watch this stupid and retarded show called SpongeBob Squarepants I was relieved to see them since I was ready to pull out my hair from the roots or rebrake my leg. Luckily a show called iCarly came on afterwards and I loved that show because it reminded me of my friends.
 
When Emmett and Rosalie came in I was curious to see what a family of over 100 year old vampires watched minus Bella, Nessie, Jacob and me of course. Since I didn't remember watching movies in my life before they handed me the stack of movies while Jacob made popcorn for me to try.
 
The movies they chose were Final Fantasy Advent Children, Death Note the movie, Lion King, the ancient black and white version of Dracula, (which I found ironic) Romeo and Juliet, Flick, Eight Crazy Nights, Bruce Almighty, and then there was a movie with WAY TO MUCH INFORMATION on it and I threw that one on the floor.
 
“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?” I screamed.
 
Rosalie picked up the abused videotape and her eyes widened in shock.
 
“I'm with the girl. What the hell is this?” Rosalie asked with an equal amount of shock.
 
“Um…nothing.” He stuttered.
 
“Edward, what is he thinking?” Rosalie asked.
 
“Sorry, you're my sister. I don't want to know.” Edward said shivering with disgust. “Don't you dare make Luna use her power either.”
 
“Um…what do you mean?”
 
“Oh yeah. All of us except Carlisle, Esme, and Rosalie have powers.” Emmett said. “Unless you count Rosalie's power of seduction.”
 
“So I'm not alone?”
 
“Nope. Edward can read most minds without touching people, I have super strength…” Emmett started but I interrupted.
 
“I feel bad for Rosalie then.” I said and Emmett glared at me.
 
“I can see the future.” Alice piped in.
 
“I'm an empath.” Jasper said.
 
“Um…basic words please.”
 
“Sorry. I can send or tell people's emotions. It's why I always look “in pain” to you.” Jasper said using the quotation symbols when he said in pain.
 
“Oh.”
 
“I can block my mind from physical and emotional powers. For example if I have my shield up Edward and Jasper can't influence me with their powers.” Bella explained.
 
“I can send my memories or thoughts to people by touching them.” Nessie added.
 
“Now I know that Jasper's actually alright and I know about myself it actually all makes since in my life.” I said but I guess Alice took it the wrong way.
 
“Hey!” She shouted.
 
“Nothing like that Alice. Like I said before, I always care about people. In New York, when people needed advice or were hurt they'd come to me for help. Heck, you can call Inari and ask her. She's one of my best friends in New York. I still keep in contact with her.”
 
“I believe you.” Alice said.
 
Nessie came over to me and touched my cheek and then I felt myself going through my past in New York. Everything from school to my house life with my foster parents and Nessie suddenly pulled away from me in shock.
 
“She called you that!? Is she mentally insane?” Nessie asked in shock.
 
“Drop it. Let's watch one of these movies.” I said happily and I picked up a random movie and it was the Lion King.
 
“Called her what?” Alice asked.
 
“Nothing! Don't you dare tell either Nessie.” I said. “It was a long time ago. Can we please watch the movies now?”
 
“Sure dear. Jasper do you mind?” Esme answered for me.
 
“Of course not.” Jasper replied.
 
He got off the loveseat he shared with Alice and came over to me and I handed him the movie and he smiled at me and he put the DVD into the DVD player otherwise known as the xbox 360 and he started the movie.
 
The lion king was a rather cute movie but I wasn't able to pay attention to it because of what Nessie saw when she touched me. By the time Lion King was over Jasper handed Emmett the Final Fantasy movie and he tapped my shoulder to get my attention, which he pointed towards Jasper.
 
“This movie is our favorite one of all time.” Jasper said as Emmett put it in. “You should love it too.”
 
“I have the video games that lead up to this movie too. If you want to play them let me know okay.” Emmett added.
 
“Okay.” I added and I felt calm waves come through me. “Jasper! I was calm already!”
 
“Your muscles say otherwise.” Bella said. “They were tense.”
 
“It's easy to see. No sense trying to argue sweetie.” Esme said as the movie started and I tried to relax but it was kinda hard even with Jasper sending calming waves at me. I was lucky that Edward couldn't read my mind though he probably already knew what happened from reading Nessie's mind.
 
This movie had tons of kick ass action and when it did I was rather amused and I laughed when a character named Reno ran outside and he turned around to run back inside the room but had the door slammed into his face after a man named Cloud closed the door and locked it.
 
Come on Cloud. We're friends right?” The character named Reno called and Cloud kicked the door to try and shut him up.
 
“I see Reno as Emmett.” I said suddenly and everyone laughed.
 
“Then who's Cloud?” Rosalie asked.
 
“Um…Jasper I think…it might change later.” I said and Alice laughed.
 
“They're both ex-soldiers too.”
 
“Soldiers?”
 
“I fought in the civil war before I was changed.”
 
“Not to be mean but thank god you were changed.” I mumbled knowing they could hear me. “After all, I think you and Alice were meant to be with each other. The same with everyone else.” I added with honestly in my voice as I ate some candy.
 
“Back to your earlier statement about changing your mind, if you knew Edward before we met Bella you would've said him. Edward barely spoke to anyone back then and was always depressed.” Alice said.
 
“Still seems that way kinda. I barely hear him speak…so I guess I can still say Edward can't I?”
 
“If you want.” Bella laughed.
 
“Traitor.” Edward growled but I still heard him and laughed anyways.
 
So I continued to watch the Final Fantasy movie and I was trying some sour gummies worms but they weren't sour at all. In fact they were sweet but I was addicted to them anyways and they were gone midmovie.
 
“Did you seriously just eat all of those without changing your expression?” Jacob asked shocked. “What the hell?”
 
“Maybe it's the hot sauce.” I said.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Back in New York Inari dared me to drink three packages of hot sauce but the catch was I couldn't turn red, ask for a drink, or anything of the sort. I took the dare along with the guys in our group and I won the dare. I was the only one who could do it.” I said. *
 
“How many people are “The guys?”
 
“Joe, Dan, and John. Dan was a little more retarded though than the rest of us. He's a smart kid when it comes to anything else other than accepting dares. He snorted Snapple from a can using a straw.”
 
“Snapple?”
 
“Yeah, then they got rid of the Snapple and he moved on to hot sauce.”
 
“That actually sounds like something Emmett would do.” Jasper and Edward mumbled.
 
“Hey!” Emmett shouted making me laugh since they didn't need to shout to hear one another. “Maybe when I was human but not now.”
 
“Of course you wouldn't.” I smirked to see if Emmett fell for my latest joke.
 
“See.” Emmett smirked and he did fall for my joke, which was impending doom now.
 
“Sure. There's no fun for you not to do it now as a vampire. You wouldn't feel any pain.” I added and everyone busted into laughter except for Emmett who was fuming at the betrayal and he threw a pillow at my head with his vampire like strength. “Ow! What the hell Emmett!?”
 
“Sorry, to strong?”
 
“Duh.”
 
“I'm not used to people feeling pain in this house.” Emmett said and Rosalie hit him. “Ow! Babe what the hell!?”
 
“Luna would get hurt further if she tried to hurt you.” Rosalie said.
 
“Good point.” Jasper added. “She doesn't need to have anymore broken bones.”
 
“Definitely not.” I said as the credits rolled for the movie. “Aw man I wanted to see the rest of that movie.” I replied.
 
“It's alright Luna. We can rewind it.” Esme added as she looked at the clock. “After dinner though.”
 
“Alright.”
 
“Nessie, Jake, do you want to help me out?” Esme asked.
 
“Free food? I'm in!” Jacob said.
 
“Of course you are.” Nessie laughed. “Mom can I go hunting?” Nessie asked.
 
“Might be a good idea.” Bella added. “Edward, want to come?”
 
“Sure. Jasper you too.” Edward answered getting up off his spot next to Bella.
 
“Huh?” Jasper asked confused.
 
“Just to be safe Bro.” Edward replied.
 
“Go Jazz.” Alice said leaning over to whisper something in his ear and his eyes widened and he stood up and followed automatically.
 
Wonder what that was about? I thought as everyone headed out through the glass door and into the woods.
 
Nessie didn't stay out that long because she didn't like blood all that much so a few rabbits were enough to fill her bloodlust while the others had to rely on deer, elk, or their preferences.
 
She was actually back shortly before my dinner was ready and Jacob brought me my dinner on a portable table and Esme carried two more plates were more than likely for Nessie and Jacob since Nessie had to live on human food too.
 
“Thanks Esme.” I said.
 
“Actually Jacob made dinner this time.”
 
“Um…”
 
“Don't worry it's safe.” Nessie laughed at my halt. “Nothing your allergic to is in there and it tastes excellent.” Nessie assured me.
 
“Hey are you trying to say that I can't cook?” Jacob asked.
 
“No, I was assuring her you could.” Nessie replied.
 
“I'm sorry please don't fight!” I said suddenly hiding my face.
 
“Luna, calm down. We're play fighting.” Jacob laughed.
 
“Really?”
 
“Yeah. They do that all the time.” Esme laughed as well. “Now eat some food.” Esme added and I started to eat the food but stopped after a couple of bites.
 
“I know that isn't really dinner conversation but it's been bugging me since it's been said. What did the others mean by hunting?”
 
“We already told you that we drink animal blood.” Esme started. “We have to catch the animals first.”
 
“So you lie traps all over the place in the woods?”
 
“Traps? Of course not that will take the fun out of hunting. We chase them, catch them, then drink the animals blood.”
 
“Although Uncle Emmett's choice in preference is quiet ironic though.” Nessie said suddenly.
 
“Ironic? Why is it ironic?”
 
“Well, when Emmett was human, he was in a forest and he was attacked by a bear. Then Aunt Rosalie saw Emmett who was gravely injured so since she knew she loved him she acted on an impulse and turned him. Now his favorite animal to drink from is a grizzly bear.”
 
“That is definitely ironic. What about the others? What do they hunt?”
 
“Well, it depends on where we are and where we hunt. We'll hunt deer, elk, rabbits, and stuff like that until we're satisfied. As for what we personally hunt, Edward prefers mountain lions out of all the animals we usually hunt.” Esme explained.
 
“Mountain lions? Why mountain lions?” I asked.
 
“According to Edward, to him mountain lions taste the closest to human blood. Therefore it helps calm the burning in his throat.”
 
“Burning?”
 
“It's how we know when we need to hunt again. When the burning gets unbearable we definitely need to hunt. We usually try to hunt way before then though so if we accidentally come into close contact with blood we don't lose it.” Esme explained. “Also you'll be able to tell if we need to hunt. If we need to hunt our eyes will lose their normal eye color and become pitch black. If you see our eyes turn black let us know immediately. We don't want to accidentally slip and attack you. You're not as tempting as Bella's blood is but you are mortal and it will be enough to set us off, even if you do have vampire genes running through your veins.”
 
“Then…Esme your eyes are turning black.” I said pointing to Esme's eyes.
 
They are grandma.” Nessie said. “By the way you don't have to worry about grandpa. He's immune to human blood.”
 
“I assumed he had to be in order to avoid hurting me after I got hit by the car and after all, he works at a hospital there's definitely blood there. Whether it be blood tests, the blood bank, or actual tramas.” I said as I remembered how easily Jasper changed his mind. “Why did Jasper change his mind so quickly?”
 
“For a few reason's actually.” Jacob piped in and I honestly forgot he was there. “Either the pixie saw something happen to you if he didn't go or offered him a “good time” if he went.” Jacob said.
 
“Okay eww. I know I'm seventeen but gross!” I said scrunching up my face and stuck out my tongue. “I'm still innocent here.”
 
“How do you know? You're living on only a year's worth of memories.” Jacob smirked.
 
O.O
 
“FUCK YOU!” I shouted. “Go and suck your tiny ass cock in front of a god damn mirror. Stare at it afterwards and then cut the thing off and die when your blood gets drained by the others!” I screamed.
 
O.O
 
Tears were flowing down my face as I got off the couch using the crutches and threw the plate of food I had at his face which shattered into a billion pieces and I used vampire like speed to go to the bathroom, slammed the door, locked it and slid to the floor and continued to cry.
 
Movie time, history and pain
(Nessie's POV)
 
I can't believe Jacob played the “I have no memories” card on Luna. If I were her I'd do the same thing she did. Jacob was lying on the floor bleeding slightly which tempted Grandma I think but she handled herself rather well if she did need to hunt. I brought Jacob down to Grandpa's medical room excepting to find Luna there but she wasn't there at the time at all.
 
I'd find Luna later but I wanted to make sure that Jacob was taken care of. I know that themselves would heal the wounds within a couple of minutes but it was the blood I was worried about until that happened. There were multiple cuts on his face that poured blood so I had to cover them for a few minutes until the blood flow stopped before I threw out the tissues I used so that Grandma wouldn't have to deal with the blood. I didn't want Jacob's blood to be sucked but I did find it necessary for Jacob to be punished for hurting Luna's feelings like that and I knew the perfect way to do that.
 
“Jacob, when your bleeding stops your banned from the house for a whole week starting tomorrow.”
 
“What!? Why!?” He asked shocked and jumped up.
 
“Luna is like my sister now that she joined this family. I won't stand for you to insult her.” I added as I checked to make sure the scars were gone before I was satisfied. “Now go. I have to find Luna to make sure she's okay.” I added.
 
I got up off the bench and began searching the house for Luna while Esme hunted really quickly. I checked everywhere, the entire families bedrooms, the closets of said rooms and found nothing. I even checked Emmett's game room, the garage, even inside of the cars since we keep them unlocked, and the living room again since she could've headed back there but she was no where to be found.
 
“Grandma, can you tell me where Luna hid?” I asked Esme when I entered the kitchen again.
 
“I honestly don't know where she is.” Esme answered and I jumped into a chair at the isle.
 
“Grandma I know you can hear her heartbeat. Where'd she go? I want to talk to her about Jacob.” I said.
 
“Speaking of Jacob what did you do? He was sad when he left the house?” She asked to obviously change the subject.
 
“I banned him from the house for a week. I'm not going to answer any of his phone calls either.” I answered. “Now please tell me Grandma.”
 
“Let her be. Although Luna is part of this family now we have to treat her like the mortal she is. She'll come out eventually when she calms down.” Esme said simply. “Now will you come and help me finish setting up Luna's room?”
 
“Where's she staying?” I asked following Esme upstairs at a human speed.
 
“She's going to be living in Edward and Bella's old room. I made it slightly bigger because she'll need more than Edward ever did. We just have to add the final touches to her room. She can also modify it to her liking too with posters and stuff like that.”
 
“Oh.” I added in understandment.
 
That room was empty for a long time now because Mom Dad and I always had a cottage of our own since I was born because Mom and Dad wanted me to have a quiet place to sleep without having to limit the family.
 
“Grandma, what about the noise level?” I asked while moving the T.V. stand out of the way so she could paint the cream colored walls a sky blue color.
 
“The walls are completely soundproof. Luna has human hearing and eyesight since she can't hear us when we whisper. It'll keep out the noise of your uncles and especially Emmett's since his room is right through this wall.” Esme said pointing to the wall she was painting.
 
“Guys? Where are you?” Carlisle asked in a human shouting tone so Luna could hear him too. He just probably came home from work.
 
“Upstairs hon.” Esme said in a normal tone knowing that Carlisle would hear her.
 
“What's going on? Finishing Luna's room?” Carlisle asked as he came upstairs and entered the room. “She'll love it. Hey, where are the children and Jacob?”
 
“The children are hunting and Luna's hiding somewhere, and Jacob has been banned from the house.” Esme answered.
 
“Banned? That's new.” Carlisle replied shocked for once. “What happened Nessie?”
 
I walked over to Grandpa and showed him the day's events from after he left until now.
 
“She's definitely in the house. I didn't smell her scent outside so she's here somewhere.” Carlisle assured me. “She'll be just fine like Esme says.”
 
“Why am I the only one who doesn't believe that?” I moaned. “She's part of our family now. Every time I'm upset you guys hassle me.”
 
“She has been on her own for a year, she has her own method of calming herself down.” Carlisle said. “If we interfere with her right now it might stress her out more because she's not used to having a family who cares for her now.” Carlisle said hugging me.
 
“but what if that coping is in a bad way?” I asked. “Humans do that you know. Heck even you guys did before you accepted what you were.” I said even I knew that has a harsh blow to them it had to be said.
 
“Alice will call…” Carlisle started.
 
“Aunt Alice can't see her remember? Neither Edward or Alice's powers work on her.” I stated with a worried tone. “She's our family now and she's injured with a broken leg. “That's another good reason to search for her.”
 
“Fine, you help grandma and I'll look for her.” Carlisle said ruffling my hair, which I hated at this point in time.
 
So Grandpa left the room and started to check the house for the third time for Luna.
 
Movie time, History, and Pain
(Carlisle's POV)
 
I always want to please my Granddaughter since her being in this world is a plain our miracle. Therefore I searched the house for the newest member of our family by trying to hone in on her heartbeat but it wasn't all that easy. It was rather weird actually, it was as if her heart didn't beat at all which made me think back to Nessie's theory. What if her method of calming herself did involve “dangerous acts”? The reason I might not be able to find her heartbeat might be in part of it slowly stopping. I rushed around the house in vampire speed until I saw the bathroom door was closed which was never closed unless Jacob was around, or we wanted to take a shower so I knocked on the door.
 
“Luna, are you in there?” I asked.
 
“Leave me alone!” Luna shouted obviously crying since her voice cracked so badly.
 
Thank god she's alright.” I thought.
 
I tried to open the door but it was locked. I knew I could get in easily by pushing the door but I didn't know where exactly Luna was hiding and I wanted to treat her like we did Bella when she was human.
 
“Luna please unlock the door. We can talk.”
 
“There's nothing to talk about.”
 
“Yes there is. Please open the door. Nessie's worried about you.”
 
“I'm not coming out!”
 
“Luna please, Jacob's not around. Nessie kicked him out.”
 
“I'm not worried about Jacob.”
 
“Then what are you worried about?” I asked gently “This is progress.
 
“None of your business.” Luna said.
 
Or not.” I thought. “Luna please, after all you're part of our family now.”
 
“I don't know if I want to be. I'm nothing but trouble.”
 
Damn this kid is confusing.” I thought slightly growling. “Please elaborate Luna.”
 
“I broke, Esme's plate, I'm making you guys go out of your way for a mortal, it's just not fair for you guys. I really should be in an orphanage anyways. When I recover I'll go to the orphanage.”
 
“If you do there's a chance you'll be…hunted.” I said.
 
“Hunted? By who?” Luna asked.
 
“The Voltori.” I said.
 
The door was finally unlocked and Luna came out with red eyes and tear stains down her face.
 
“Who're the Voltori?” She asked curiously.
 
“Let's head someplace more approate for a story.” I smiled and I lead her to my office where she sat on a bench. “Comfy?”
 
“Uh-huh.” She nodded and I began vampire 101.
 
“Alright then. The Voltori are the rulers of the Vampire world. They're Nomads or human drinkers. The Voltori live in Italy but hid from the humans and us. They only show themselves if there is a threat to our world. They came here once before, after Nessie was born. They thought that Nessie was an immortal child.”
 
“Not to be mean but isn't she? After all, she's frozen at seventeen right and was born immortal.”
 
“That's not the definition of a immortal child however that is completely true. An immortal child is an infant of around 1-3 who is changed. They will always remain at newborn stages and are extremely hard to control because they will never develop. The Voltori doesn't allow that kind of Vampire to live as well as the changer. Nessie was born a half vampire but she wasn't frozen then. She developed faster than normal children do. In fact Nessie is actually only fifteen right now and she was frozen at seventeen when she was eight years old.”
 
“What did the Voltori have to do with Nessie then?”
 
“A woman named Irnia saw Nessie while she was still growing and thought she was an immortal child and alerted the Voltori. They came here and we had a vampire trial. We proved that Nessie wasn't an immortal child and in the end Nessie was allowed to live.”
 
“So what does that have to do with me?”
 
“You know our secret and they will eliminate any threat to our world. If you were to leave you'd become a threat to our world because you know the secret and could tell other humans. They let Bella live since we were going to change her someday but they won't let the same thing happen twice.”
 
“Meaning they'll kill me right?”
 
“I didn't want to say it like that but yes. They'll kill you.”
 
I stood up and faced the door or help preserve my dignity.
 
“I'm still sorry I have to cause so much trouble.” Luna said.
 
“Luna, we honestly don't think your any trouble at all.” I said gently embracing her. “Believe it or not Bella thought the same thing when she was human. Your no trouble at all, none of you are.”
 
“Thanks Carlisle.” Luna smiled and she looked happy to be truly accepted by my family.
 
“Nessie was looking for you.” I said calmly.
 
“Yeah I heard her before I didn't want to talk to anyone so I stayed quiet. No offense I didn't want to talk to you either.”
 
“I understood that. You dealt with things on your own right?”
 
“Yeah. I always have.” She replied sadly. “Unless Inari or the others were with me. No one else cared.”
 
“I know. Just remember you can talk to anyone in this whole house.”
 
“I will. It'll just take time to remember that.”
 
“We understand.”
 
“Thanks Carlisle.” Luna said hugging me happily. “Would Emmett mind if I play the 360?”
 
“If he does tell him to take it up with me. You should have something to eat though. From what Nessie told me you didn't eat that much.”
 
“I forgot I didn't even eat half of the food Jacob made before I threw it and the food into his face.” Luna blushed and I remembered how Bella used to do that when she was embarrassed or she was clumsy.
 
“I'll make you a T.V. dinner.” I added.
 
“Thanks Carlisle but I can do it. I may be crippled but I'm not useless.” Luna laughed and she headed to the kitchen where I watched her hobble around between the refrigerator and the countertop where the microwave was. I helped her when it was obvious Luna would need it but otherwise I let her go.
 
I could tell Luna didn't want to eat all of the T.V. dinner but I didn't expect her to because she started to eat earlier but she still ate it slowly.
 
“That's enough Luna. You don't have to force yourself to eat it. You'll make yourself sick.” I added taking the tray from her and threw it in the garbage can. “How's your leg dear?”
 
“It doesn't hurt. It itches but it doesn't hurt.”
 
“And the rest of your body?”
 
“I'm fine. It's probably because I spent so much time unconscious.”
 
“It could be. If you want you can go play video games now.”
 
“Okay.”
 
“Emmett's collection is under the T.V.” I added and she went into the living room, sat down in Emmett's special game chair that had speakers in it and played a game called Left for Dead.
 
She plated that game for a decent amount of time. Heck she played it until Emmett and the others came home from hunting and when I looked at the clock it was eleven.
 
“Luna, it's getting late, time for bed.” I added as I went into the living room to get her.
 
“Okay Carlisle.” Luna said and went to turn the 360 off.
 
“Leave it on dear. Emmett always wants to play after he hunts.” I said and I led her upstairs to her room and surprisingly she took to her room rather well for some reason. Who knows, maybe she understands.
 
I left Esme to help Luna to get settled since it might be more comfortable for her.
 
After a few minutes, Luna was fast asleep which was a good thing because Luna would need her rest to heal the rest of her broken body.