Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ A New half breed ❯ Samantha Johnson aka Inari and Bets ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well Chapter six is here finally and I still don’t know if people like this story or not minus a few people who put this on story alert and I think I have one or two reviews on fanfiction and I hear nothing from mediaminer although it’s been on mediaminer longer than fanfiction. Please let me know if you guys like this story at all. You can review, PM, or contact me on Gaia online my screen name on Gaia is Elle Elric.

This chapter is dedicated to Slipping-away96 for being the only person to review and make me feel special when writing this chapter. Remember, if you review, I’ll review your stories if you wrote stories and if they’re something I know about otherwise I don’t read them because I wouldn’t be able to give you good advice but I will respond and let you know that I have read your review and your name will appear in the next chapter I promise.

Samantha Johnson AKA Inari and Bets
(Rosalie’s POV)

Carlisle has deemed Luna to be 100% healed faster than Alice expected but Luna still had to wear the cast in order to keep our façade and our school knew that Carlisle and Esme adopted Luna officially now so she is a Cullen and she’s embraced it. She even allowed us to legally change her name to be Luna Cullen.

Luna headed to school for the first time since the hit and run and she was in Edward’s Volvo because it was more spacious then my MV, Alice’s Porsche and she was still pissed at Jacob so she wasn’t going anywhere near his Rabbit even if she had no choice or if Nessie asked.

Once we all got the school we had to head right inside because Luna wasn’t sure she would go to school today because she had a headache/migraine when she woke up but it went away after a small nap.

Luna and Nessie headed to the chorus room for their first class with me since I play the piano for the teacher so he can conduct the group. It let me keep my eyes on my niece and sister especially since this is Luna and Nessie’s first time in High School and Nessie wasn’t used to this much human exposure even though she’s half human herself and everyone knows High School can change someone for the better or for the worst. For right now, it was for the better.

We headed inside the classroom and we put our stuff against the walls where some bared safes held the band’s instruments for the day and we got our music from our bags.

“Nessie, Rosalie is that you?” The teacher Mr. Guldernstern or G, asked as the door closed since we couldn’t be seen due to the layout of the classroom.

“Hey G.” Nessie said as we turned the corner and became visible to him.

“Luna, your back. So I assume your all healed?” Mr. G asked.

“Um…technically. Broken bones don’t heal as fast as the rest of my body can.” Luna smirked.

“True. Especially when your father is Dr. Cullen. Famous man he is. Oh yeah, Luna, Nessie, Rosalie, can I introduce you to the newest member of the soprano section?”

“Sure.” We said and Mr. G called a girl over to us.

She was the same height as me and for reference I’m 5’5”. She had emo/punk like black hair and she had it in the style of the lead person from some rock band named AFI that Nessie and Luna listen to so I figured she’s a fan of them too. She wore an American Chopper sweat Jacket and she wore a red and black plad skirt with black jeans underneath.

“Inari, what are you doing here?” Luna asked shocked.

“Luna, you go to school here? Gezz you went all across the country for what reason?” Inari asked. “Wait, because you could right?”

“Duh.” Luna said beaming with happiness. “Nessie, Rosalie, this is my friend Inari. Inari these are my sisters Rosalie and Nessie. Although Nessie’s real name is Renesemee.”

“Sisters? So you let yourself be adopted?”

“Kinda. It’s a long story.”

“What did you do?” Inari asked pointing to Luna’s leg.

“Um…I got my ass ran over.” Luna whispered and she blushed.

“How’d you manage that? Come on you gotta tell me.”

Will she mention Jacob or the werewolves? I thought

“I was hiking in La Push which is a little ways away from our house before I was adopted because Nessie invited me to play basketball at her house in her indoor gym. By the way, they’re rich because Dad’s a extremely famous doctor and gets paid really well in order to keep him working in their hospital but he stays where it’s important to have his skills so we move a lot. Anyways, I was in the woods and I saw a bear. I got scared and ran onto the main road. A speeding car came and hit me as soon as I hit the side of the road because of how the road was. I wound up breaking a couple of ribs, and my leg. Nessie’s boyfriend Jacob who lives in La Push since it’s a small Indian reservation, found me and called Dad and my brother Edward to come and help me since Carlisle taught Edward everything he knows and even has a medical degree already. According to Dad and Edward, I died a few times but I’m fine now.” Luna explained. “So, how are the others?”

“Come on Nessie, let’s let Inari and Luna catch up until G decides to start class.”

“Alright.” Nessie added and we headed to our seats and Luna looked happier than I’ve ever seen her.

Eventually we had to start the class so Luna, Nessie, and Inari headed to the third row of the soprano section and they sat down with Luna in the middle of them.

I’ve known Luna for two weeks now and I haven’t heard Luna laugh at all, she hasn’t even laughed at Emmett and he’s been trying to make her laugh by creating epic fails and deaths in his video games and pulling embarrassing jokes on Jasper who was actually willing to accept them to try and make Luna laugh because he didn’t find it fair to mess with her emotions unless she really needed them changed.

I couldn’t help but to smile as I played a song Luna actually loved called You Raise Me Up. After all, Luna had a right to be happy. Especially after everything that happened to her.

During lunch Luna brought over Inari so she could introduce her to us.

“Hey Lu, you’re happy now.” Jasper said with a smile.

“Hey Jazz.” Luna said willing hugging him to make him feel calmer and happier that she was enjoying herself now and she pulled Inari over to the bench to sit next to her and Luna sat down next to Jasper.

“Who’s your friend?” Jacob asked but Luna ignored him.

“Who is your friend Luna?” Alice asked curiously.

“I’ll tell you Alice.” Luna said happily and Jacob raised his hands and growled so low that only us true vampires could hear him. “This is my friend Inari I’ve told you about. She just moved here. Inari, this is the rest of my family Edward, Bella, Emmett, Jasper, and Alice.” Luna said.

“Hey!” Jacob shouted.

“This is my boyfriend Jacob Black. Luna is pissed at him.” Nessie added.

“Why?” Inari asked confused.

“You know I have amnesia right? The bastard child over there rubbed it in my face.”

“How?”

“Jacob, Nessie, our mom Esme, and I were talking and then he said a sexual comment and I wanted to preserve my virgin ears. He asked me, ‘how can I know I’m as innocent as I think I am when I live on years worth of memories.”

“That’s a dick move. Not even Joe went that far and he constantly teased you.”

“Trust me Jacob has been suffering.” Nessie smiled.

“Aw…no love for the dog?” Inari asked.

What!? I thought.

“Nessie, Luna, can I talk to you two for a minute?” I asked

The three of us got up and headed into the hallway.

“Luna, you didn’t say anything did you?” I asked.

“Of course not. I don’t know how she knew.” Luna said.

“Nessie?”

“Nope. I only talked to Inari during chorus.”

“I suppose we let it go then. We can’t confront it without exposing him.” I added.

We all headed back to the lunch table and when we did I was shocked to find everyone laughing.

Nessie sat back down next to Jacob and took his hand into hers to see what happened. Nessie then discreetly grabbed my hand and showed me what happened.

During one of the classes Luna shared with Inari she asked what Indian Tribe Jacob belonged to and she told her that he was a Quillet and it turned out that Inari was a Quillet too and her family just moved to Forks. Therefore Inari knew that they were supposedly descended from wolves, which created the dog comment.

After school Luna, Inari and Emmett all played video games at the arcade so the rest of us headed home and did our homework but that doesn’t take us long since we have our vampire speed so it’s actually done within five minutes. That and we’ve been in high school for hundreds of years in a row so we already knew all of this crap.

I actually feel sorry for Luna because although she can run at a vampire speed. She doesn’t know how to convert that speed into the rest of her body. Especially with her human heart that still beats even with the venom flowing through her veins. All although it’s a lot less then Nessie and the rest of the family.

Edward started to play the piano downstairs with Bella trying to teach her how to play but the Newlyweds don’t last long with their lessons.

After I finished my homework, Jasper and Alice were found in the kitchen making some eggplant Parmesan by following the food channel at vampire speed. Or as much of a vampire speed as they could.

“Who’s that for?”

“Luna. Jasper suggested that we get dinner ready early because Luna might be hungry by the time she gets home from playing at the arcade since that’s his domain.” Alice said.

Oh that’s right, Alice and Edward’s powers don’t work on her for some reason. I thought as I sat down on one of the chairs.

“Does Luna even like that?”

“We’ll find out.” She said happily.

“Alice, you are aware that she’ll eat it even if she hates it right. She’s still being rather difficult with her whole “I don’t want to be a burden” thing. It’s actually rather annoying.” I said.

“Well you have to remember Rose, she’s been alone since she was bit. Carlisle thinks that might be why she lost her memories too.”

“Is that a vision or his current thinking?”

“It’s a vision. It’ll happen sometime later today.”

“Then you know how off Carlisle will be.” I replied. “James bit Bella before she was changed by Edward.”

“Yeah, but Edward cleaned Bella’s blood. Whoever bit and or saved Luna didn’t so the change started. It just didn’t kill her.” Alice said as she continued to cook and Jasper came to sit next to me since they just had to put the stuff into the oven.

“We lost most of our human memories when we were changed. Who’s to say that didn’t change.”

“The keyword there was most. Luna has none.” I said.

“Carlisle will probably have a more solid answer to that one later too.”

“How are you handling Luna’s emotions Jasper?” I asked.

“She’s rather confusing. She’s happy sometimes, scared others, pissed when Jacob’s around, and sad rarely.”

“Why is she sad and scared?”

“Probably going back to the burden thing again. It’s been that way since she woke up after the crash.” Jasper said.

“Man, I wish she wouldn’t feel like that.” I said. “For all of our sakes.”

“Like Carlisle said it’ll be that way for a while until she adjusts to having a caring family. We can’t expect her to be okay in a couple of weeks. It might take months or years for her to understand and recover from the emotional wounds she has.”

“Yeah I guess so.” I sighed and leaned back in the chair. “Did you see how she was with that Inari girl? She was definitely happy when she showed up.”

“She misses her friends.” Jasper explained. “They were all she had in New York.”

“True, Luna probably has a stronger trust in them then she does with us. They helped her deal with the hardships she had with that abusive foster family.” I said.

“I don’t understand why someone would do that to children.” Alice added as she finished and put the pan into the oven.

“There are a lot of sick bastards in the world.” Jasper sighed. “I’m glad Luna left before anything bad or worse happened to her.”

“We should report the family.” I growled.

“That’s not a good idea Rosalie.” Alice added. “She’s an underage run away. If we report the family, someone could come and take Luna way to Juvenal hall because that’s New York Law. It’ll be worse for her if we report the family.”

“What if they do the same thing to another child who’s younger than Luna was. she was thirteen or so wasn’t she?” I wondered.

“I think she was fourteen. She said she was there for a year and she’s a sophomore right now.”

“She’s a junior because she’s in my 11th grade English class and none of us are playing as sophomores and at least one of us are in every single one of her classes.”

“Maybe she skipped a grade then.”

“I guess that’s possible.” I added getting up. “I’m going to go hunt.”

“Hold on Rosalie I’ll go with you.” Bella said coming into the room. “I was going to ask you if you wanted to hunt anyways.”

“Edward’s not coming?” I asked shocked.

“He’s trying to come up with a lullaby to help calm Luna. Apparently she has insomnia.” Bella explained. “He’s hoping that his music will calm her down and let her sleep easier like it does and did to Nessie. Esme hears her listening to music at all hours of the night lately since Carlisle and Esme are across the hall from her.”

“Hey wait a minute. Emmett and I are right next door to her why can’t we hear her music?” I asked.

“Rose, you and Emmett aren’t exactly quiet if you know what I mean.” Jasper replied smirking and if I were human I’d be blushing as dark as Bella did.

“Still, our super hearing should be able to pick up music.”

“Esme caught her with headphones most of the time. She’d check on her because when she passes the bedroom she hears a full heartbeat instead of a sleeping heartbeat.” Jasper added.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure Edward’s songs will help.” Bella smiled.

“I guess so. They always do.” I added heading over towards Bella. “Let’s go hunt then.”

“Alright.” Bella said. “I’m heading out to hunt with Rosalie Edward.” Bella said in a normal tone.

“See you later Love.” Edward said. “Make sure she gets enough Rosalie.”

“Don’t worry Edward. I’ll stuff her with food until she explodes.” I laughed and I had an Alice moment and dragged Bella out of the house but to hunt instead of shop.

Samantha Johnson AKA Inari and Bets
(Emmett’s POV)

POV disclaimer I don’t own the songs or games you will see in this POV. They belong to Paramore, Within Temptation, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Sick Puppies, the Xbox system, Komani, or the Wii system because that’s the systems, artists, or game companies my family loves and stuff like that.

After school, Nessie, Luna, and Inari all had the idea to head to the arcade. Luna wanted me to come along too because a) I had my jeep because Rosalie drove her MV to school B) she likes playing and learning to play video games with me, and C) Nessie and Luna know that I’ll help them have a good time.

We all piled into my jeep and the girls sat in the back while I put on the rock/heavy metal station on my radio because I know that Luna and Nessie like that station and the girls started to sing the songs like Your Guardian Angel, To Many Words, The Howling, and Decode which had Luna laughing for some reason but she won’t tell me why or the rest of the car.

Because Inari was in the car, I only drove ten miles over the speed limit so I did forty instead of thirty which wasn’t a good idea because Edward couldn’t warn me about the cops around the corner but hell, if I was lucky, the copy would be a chick and I could use my vampire charm. If it was a dude…I’d use Nessie if I begged enough but knowing Nessie, that wouldn’t happen. However I was lucky because I wasn’t caught so I was rather impressed but at the same time I wasn’t because Bella’s father Charlie, was the old police chief before he retired to spend the rest of his years with Sue Clearwater but he passed away about ten years ago. (God bless his soul)

We got out of the car and headed into the mall and we headed straight to the arcade and we were automatically greeted with metal music on the radio mixed in with the techno music the games produced. I brought around 100 tokens for each of us, and Inari noticed the Dance Dance revolution machine in the corner and smirked.

“Hey Luna, wanna play?” Inari asked.

“Inari, she has a broken leg. She can’t play that game.” Nessie replied.

“Can you support your weight on your leg yet?”

“Yeah. Carlisle will kill me but yeah.” Luna said wearing an identical smirk to Inari.

“Then come on, let’s play.” Inari added.

Nessie and I sighed and shrugged before following the girls to the game and they were on the platform.

“Alright Luna, how are you going to play this game with a broken leg?” I asked giving up to the attempt to figure out her plan.

“Simple I can support my weight so I’ll use my crutches as my legs. Inari and I did this for fun when I snuck out of the house back in New York.” Luna said and Inari chose a song called Unreal and put it on expert. (btw I can only do this song if I cheat and use the playstation controller which is kinda how Luna is doing this but heck if I’m on easy/light I can play this song lol)

“Okay, there’s no way in hell that you can do that Luna.” I doubted and crossed my arms.

“Wanna bet Mr. Emmett McCarty Cullen?” Luna asked.

“Yeah I do.”

“Alright, if I fail I’ll do your chores for a week and I’ll make sure Esme knows. If I win you’ll have to eat Mexican food for a while week starting tonight.” She said.

Luna might’ve done this before but she wasn’t wearing a cast causing her body to be off balance and I saw how fast expert could be from coming here often so I knew it was impossible. Also Luna knew that Mexican food is nearly impossible for me to eat because of it’s taste to me but hell, Emmett McCarty Cullen isn’t a chicken.

“Alright Eclipse you have a deal!” I shouted. “Nessie, you’re our witness right?” I asked.

“Sure I suppose so.” Nessie sighed and shrugged.

Luna and I shook hands and she turned towards the screen while it loaded and Inari stretched her legs quickly and the song started soon after she was done. The song was all over the place like I thought. Inari died about half way through when she messed up on what Inari called the BPM change section of the song and she couldn’t recover while Luna passed the song and I knew that this week was going to be a long and painful week for me. Luna and Inari came over and Luna stretched her hand out for a handshake.

“A deal is a deal Emmett.” Luna said.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep my end of the deal.” I said shaking her hand. “Hey I know! Let’s play house of the dead.”

“Luna, can you play those games now?” Inari asked.

“I played left for dead the other day and I was just fine.”

“How’d you play that game?” Nessie asked as we headed over to the game.

“Emmett’s 360.”

“No one can play that without my permission!” I shouted. I knew it was on one day but I thought I left it on by mistake.

“Carlisle gave me permission to play. Dad’s permission beats big brother permission.” Luna smirked and she picked up one of the guns from the holder and put in her amount of coins.

I grabbed the other gun and put in the same amount of coins.

“Double or nothing rookie?” I asked twirling my gun around my finger.

“Well alright. However, if I win again you know that you’ll be eating Mexican food for two weeks instead of one right?”

“This is my specialty. You won’t win.”

“Alright, first one to die loses.” Nessie said

“I’m going to go play Artic Thunder.” Inari said. “Nessie, you want to come too?”

“I’ll be there after these two are done. Emmett’s a sore loser and so someone has to be there to witness any and all bets of his.” Nessie sighed.

“I m not a sore loser!” I shouted.

“Whatever Em.”

“I see what you mean. see you in a few minutes.” Inari said heading to the game while the opening played Luna shot the game in order to skip the scene and the game started.

Luna actually surprised me with her skills with the gun. She always got complete headshots and she always hit’s the duck button or the reload button at the right time and she lasted a lot longer then I thought she would and when I wasn’t paying attention my guy got shot and I was dead.

“Alright what the hell!? You’re a girl I thought I had you.” I shouted.

“Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I can’t use a gun. I learned to use a gun in New York from Joe and Dan.” Luna said. “You’re being sexist Emmett.” she added before heading over to the Artic Thunder games.

“I wasn’t being sexist.” I moaned and I followed her.

“Yeah you were Emmett.” Nessie said following us where Inari and Nessie played a couple of times before we decided to head home because Luna was probably getting hungry and it was a school night so we had to get Inari home soon too.

After we dropped Inari off at her house we sped the rest of the way home at 120 miles an hour which I normally did and we got home within a couple of minutes.

The moment we stopped completely Luna jumped out of the car and headed inside the house and slammed the door and headed up stairs.

“Luna, Alice and I made you Egg Plant Parmesan for dinner tonight.” Jasper said.

“Sorry but I’m not hungry Jasper. Thanks though, I’m going to do my art homework.”

“Luna, that’ll take to long. Go eat first.” Carlisle replied.

“It’s a take home quiz Carlisle. I only have a page of true or false questions to do.” Luna explained heading upstairs to her room and closed the door and we heard the door lock although she knows that won’t stop us if we really wanted to get into her room.

“Alright Emmett. What did you do now?” Jasper asked crossing his arms.

“Me!? Jazz how do you automatically assume that I am why she’s upset?”

“Because Inari wouldn’t do anything to hurt her because she’s her best friend and Nessie do that on purpose.” Edward said. “That and your mind is guilty.”

Damned mind reading vamp

“Well I said something but I don’t know what made her get pissed off.”

“Uncle Emmett, I bet it was when you were being sexist.” Nessie sighed.

“I wasn’t sexist I said!” I replied confused sitting on the couch.

“You told her she shouldn’t be that good at using a gun. That’s sexist, just because she’s a girl doesn’t mean she’s not a hunter or something or she doesn’t know how to play paintball like the rest of us do.” Nessie explained.

“Emmett what the hell?!” Rosalie added with anger dripping from her venom filled mouth.

“Emmett McCarty Cullen!” Esme shouted. “Go upstairs and talk to her. We’ll talk about your punishment later.” Esme added.

I never did like Esme’s punishments. Hell I knew that this week was going to be a semi living hell since I’m not living. I already had to eat Mexican food for the next two weeks for dinner, Rosalie was probably going to deprive me for a month again like she did when I teased Nessie about falling for Jacob years ago and Esme was probably going to take away my videogames and movies for a month like she usually does.”

“I’ll talk to her after dinner. Let her finish her homework.” I said.

“Emmett now!” Carlisle added and I headed upstairs to her room.

I knocked on the door and I heard heavy metal music playing from a CD player that she probably stole from Edward or she stole the Cd from Edward, she might be using her laptop Alice got her so she could do homework easier and faster.

“Hey wait a minute. She has a soundproof room. She can’t hear me.” I said.

“There’s an intercom next to the door for that particular reason.” Edward answered.

“Oh.” I said noticing the intercom and I pushed the button. “Luna open the door.”

“Leave me alone Emmett.” Luna called. “I gotta get this done.

“That’s what I told Mom and Dad but they insisted.”

“Blah, blah, blah. There we talked now go away.” Luna replied.

“You know that’s not legal Luna.” I said.

“So, I gotta get this done. Otherwise I’ll get written up because most of the time I spent here was when we studied this and my teacher’s a friggin prick.”

“Just use your damn notes.”

“EMMETT GO SCREW A DAMN GOAT!” Luna shouted. “I don’t mean Rosalie either I meant an actual goat.” She added before she actually turned off the intercom leaving her out of the world because she’ll never hear us until she turns on the intercom since we hate barging into her room.

I headed downstairs and into the kitchen where Edward and Jasper tried as hard as they could not to laugh.

“I told you to let her be mom.” I said crossing my arms to stare at Esme. “Now to keep my end of a bet.” I added and Alice laughed.

“See Jasper, I told you it’d be a good idea to enhance Luna’s ability to use a gun.” Alice said.

“Alice, I only had one lesson with her and she never fired a shot or even came close to pulling the trigger.” Jasper said. “She already knew how to use a gun.”

“What did Emmett bet Edward?” Rosalie asked amused.

“I have to eat Mexican food for the next two weeks every day at dinner time. Full meals too.” I added while I made tacos for me to eat and I made some extra because I didn’t think Luna would like the eggplant thing Carlisle was heating up.

Fifteen minutes later Luna came into the kitchen and she sat at the table listening to an Ipod.

“Luna, when’d you get an Ipod?”

“Edward gave it to me. I put the songs on though. Now be quiet. I’m mentally studying and music helps me do that.” She added and tried the food and her face scrunched up and she forcible swallowed it.

“Is it that bad?”

“It has to much flavor. So much it overloads my taste buds.” Luna said.

“We are so sorry Luna!” Alice said and ran into the room. “We tried.”

“Huh?”

“Jasper and I thought you would be hungry so we made dinner. I guess we were off.”

“Wow. Vampires can screw up.” Luna laughed forgetting about her studying and her Ipod since she turned off her Ipod.

“Um yeah.” Jasper said. “We screw u. especially us Vegetarian vampires.

“You mean when you accidentally hunt and drink humans right?”

“Yeah. Long before Alice and I found Carlisle.” Jasper started. “When I was turned I was raised on human blood. It was and still is hard for me to control myself. I almost killed or turned Bella when she was human during her eighteenth birthday party we threw for her.” Jasper added.

“Edward also drank human blood during his rebellious years. He also wanted to have the Voltori kill him after Alice misread a vision she had.” I said.

“Have either you, Rosalie, Alice, Bella, Esme, or Carlisle drink Human blood.”

“Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, Nessie, and Bella were born into the family by Carlisle or by Bella and none of them have had human blood expect for Carlisle but that was only when he turned Esme, Edward, Rosalie and Emmett. Bella drank human blood while she was pregnant with Nessie but that was because Nessie needed human blood to survive and Bella almost died before we figured that one out.” Alice explained.

“No offense but eww. I understand Bella’s methods but that is sick. I’d rather have a blood transfusion.”

“You know, I wonder if that would’ve worked. However it would’ve been a lot harder on Bella.”

“I can imagine the emotions flying through this house in those nine months was hard for you huh Jasper?” Luna asked.

“Actually Nessie was born in three and a half months or so.” Jasper explained.

“Her development start at the fast rate even then? Hell, then you definitely had a lot to sort through.”

“Try after Bella was turned. Edward was an emotional wreck because he was so worried. It was worse then when we left to protect Bella for a few months.” Jasper said. “I almost went emotionally insane.

Luna couldn’t help but laugh at that as Alice suddenly brought over some leftover tacos.

“Eat dear.” Alice said.

“Okay Alice.” Luna added and she at the meal I made but I wasn’t going to tell her that although she liked it.