Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Can't Live Without 'Em ❯ The Hair ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Can't Live Without 'Em


A/N: Hello again all! Here's chapter two of Can't Live Without 'Em. This one is all about Allen and his long hair. Again I warn you that the characters are OOC.
Disclaimer: See chapter 1.
Chapter 2: The Hair
Allen Schezar awoke sweating from a nightmare. He had dreamed that his hair had been cut short, as he'd worn it before he'd become a Knight Calei. He wiped the sweat from his brow and checked himself in the mirror. He screamed at the sight; almost as horrible as dreaming of a hair-cut, his floor-length hair was knotted and tangled from his tossing and turning during the night.
He hurriedly sat down in front of his mirror and picked up his brush. With a great amount of difficulty he began to brush out the knots and tangles. The task took almost half an hour.
Once his hair was tangle free, he picked up his favorite rat tail comb. Carefully, he made a perfect part straight down the middle of his head. This being accomplished he began to comb his hair, counting as he did so, one...two...three...four...five, until he reached a hundred.
He gently set his comb on the table next to his brush and walked out of the room, hoping that breakfast was not over already. The chances weren't exactly in his favor seeing as to it was almost ten in the morning. Perhaps he should start braiding his hair after his bed-time shower every night.
Allen was in luck. Everyone was just sitting down when he entered the dining hall. He sat down at the table's head, making sure that he didn't sit on a single strand of his sun-gold hair. Most in the room wee used to seeing their commander like this, but the few who weren't tried to hide chuckles and giggles by stuffing forkfuls of food into their mouths. Allen looked a little insulted, but otherwise ignored them, choosing to concentrate on his food.
Van Fanel and Hitomi Kanzaki were among those who were trying unsuccessfully to hide their laughter. This proved quite amusing for them, both needing something to laugh at after the trauma that they'd gone through. For Hitomi it was coming to this strange world only two days ago, and for Van it was the loss of his country only the day before. Already both could tell that the leader of the Knights of Calei had an obsession with his hair. Hitomi could tell because of the playboy vibe she'd gotten from him the night before and to Van the man didn't seem like he was completely straight.
An idea glimmered in Van's mind. Why not get revenge on the man who had humiliated him so much the night before? He knew just the way to do it.
Hitomi could tell that Van was up to something and she gave him a look that she hoped Van would interpret as a warning. This was not the time or the place to be playing practical jokes for revenge.
The day passed by antagonizingly slow for Van, but when midnight came and he knew Hitomi was asleep, he snuck quietly out of the room. On the way to Allen's room Van made a quick stop to a room he had found out earlier was the supply room. From one of the many closets he grabbed a razor and then was on his way once more.
Van pressed a careful ear to the door of the commander's room. He heard only a soft, muffled breathing and concluded that the older man was asleep. Silently, he opened the door and prayed a silent prayer to God that the door didn't squeak. His luck didn't end there. The samurai was lying on his back; his hair was in one long thick braid.
With careful hands, Van unsheathed his sword and gently picked up the heavy length of hair. With a careful whack, Van cut the man's hair close to the base of his head. He jumped in fright when the man groaned and rolled over onto his side.
Still, the man was asleep and Van breathed a sigh of relief. With hands that were now shaky, he gave the man a mohawk, shaving as lightly as he could so not to wake the sleeping playboy.
Near dawn, Van and Hitomi were awakened in their beds of straw to the sound of terrified screaming. Hitomi saw that Van didn't look confused; only satisfied.
What did you do Van? she demanded, but the young king only shrugged, a smile playing across his face.
Van burst into laughter the moment he entered the dining hall. He wasn't the only one laughing at the red-faced Allen who sat at his place at the head of the table. Hitomi was shocked and angry with Van, knowing that this was his doing, but still she couldn't help but laugh.
The sides of Allen's head were shaved bald, but right down the center was a strip of short, bristly hair approximately five inches wide. It was a perfect new-day mohawk. She had to admit that Van would've made an excellent barber on Earth.
I demand to know who did this to me! Shouted Allen, who was now tired of the laughing from those who were supposed to respect and serve him.
The room was suddenly silent and all of the men looked quizzically at one another, wondering who it was that had dared to pull such a prank; if it could even be defined as such.
Van choked on a laugh and all eyes were in him. Hitomi stepped away from him to show that she had known nothing of Van's plan.
YOU! Allen shouted with rage, and he stormed over to where the young king stood. YOU did this to me? Why?
Van stayed silent for a mere second, but only to regain his composure. I don't deny it. I will happily admit that I got the best of a Knight Calei. YOU in particular. What with the horrible way that you've been treating me and Hitomi.
Allen turned away in shame, knowing very well that Van was correct. He regretted to think of it, but he knew very well that he'd gotten what he deserved. He nearly cried when he thought of how long it would take for his hair to grow back to the length that it had been yesterday, but the only thing that he could do in the mean time was....Dare he even think the thought? Buy a wig. Well; not him per say. He'd have to send Gadess. There was no way in heaven or hell he would humiliate himself further by going down to the bazaar where there were thousands of people to laugh at him.

A/N: So, how was this chapter? I hope that it was all right. I didn't really like the way that it turned out. If any of you have any idea's for this story, then just e-mail them to me at Hacker_17_EAM@yahoo.com. I'll appreciate and constructive criticism and flames will be a great amusement to me. Once again, I hope that no one was offended by the content.
- Sparkling Twilight