Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Draconian's Bliss ❯ Christian Erik Aston ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey I'm here sorry I haven't updated my story lately. My step-dad was in the hospital and his appendix burst. He's better though. So….on with it.

******

Blaze got up before the sun rose the next morning. She dressed in some form fitting jeans and a baggy t-shirt. She strapped her sword belt on and put on her tennis shoes.

Blaze walked down through the kitchen, occasionally stopping to say hi to a servant and chat with them.

The servants respected Blaze and her family, but Blaze and Skyler were the ones they liked the most. They would never hesitate to help a servant in need. Both of them had friends that were servants in the castle. They never thought themselves higher then servants either.

Blaze grabbed a bagel and ate as she walked out to the sparring ring. She sparred with different people in the army until noon when Aidan paid her a visit.

"Blaze! He's here!" Aidan tugged on Blaze's shirt excitedly.

"Slow down. Who is here?"

"Christian Aston."

"Where have I heard of him?"

"He's the sword master that rivals Allen Scheazar. In talent and looks or so I'm told. He's my hero!!!"

Blaze suddenly remembered.

"Oh yes. I've heard of him. He sparked my interest for sword fighting."

"Did you know that he was here when you were born? That's what Father said. Aunt Millerina is here too."

"Wonderful."

"You're wanted there right now."

"I'm all dirty though."

"Father said right away."

"Alright."

Blaze followed Aidan as he scurried in the palace to the thrown room.

"I found her Father. At the sparring ring as usual." Aidan shouted in delight.

Blaze walked in casually. Her father was standing by his thrown. Aunt Millerina and Uncle Dryden were talking to him. Her mother was talking as well. Aidan was tugging on her fathers shirt and Julian was in a corner reading a book. Skyler was leaning against the wall.

Blaze's eyes shifted curiously around the room. Where was this Christian that Aidan worshiped?

"Blaze!" Skyler's shouts stopped everyone in their tracks.

Skyler hugged Blaze.

"Careful Lain I've been training all morning. I'm sweaty and dirty."

"I'm not a priss. I can take it."

Blaze laughed.

"How was your visit to the Mystic Moon?"

"I loved it! Video games are so cool!"

Blaze laughed.

"I told you." Blaze said.

"I know. Now that I'm back are you going to train me?"

"Soon."

"Happy birthday Blaze." Hitomi addressed her daughter.

"Thank you Mother."

Blaze looked at everyone uneasily. There was tension. A lot of it and Blaze didn't know why.

"So err….where is this hero that Aidan is infatuated with so much?"

That statement did NOT help the tension. In fact it spiked it up another notch and Blaze could feel it.

"On behalf of Austria, I wish you a happy birthday Princess Blaze." Millerina said curtsying.

Blaze blinked.

"Are you feeling alright Aunt Millerina? You know that I don't like my title."

Millerina shrugged.

"You're growing. I wasn't sure if you wanted your title yet."

"I'm sorry that my err….clothing and such isn't in the best condition."

"It's alright."

"Now, why did you come? It couldn't have just been for my birthday."

"Actually, that is the exact reason as to why we're here." said Dryden.

"Oh?"

"Yes you see…"

Van coughed ending Dryden's sentence.

"Right…Well then, err….aren't we missing someone?"

"Who?" asked Lain.

"Aidan."

"I'm here." Aidan said a little distracted.

Blaze turned around. Aidan was talking to….the wall. In one of the dark corners.

"Uhh…Aidan who are you talking to?" asked Blaze.

"Christian."

"Listen this hero worship thing has gone too far. It's not like Christian is the best swordsperson out there anyway. I bet I could beat him." said Blaze.

"Could not." said Aidan.

"Could too."

"Can't I defend myself."

Blaze shivered as the voice caressed her skin. The voice came from the corner that Aidan was still standing in. Blaze could make out a set of eyes. They were amber brown a warm color that held a glint of humor.

"Only a coward hides in the shadows." she spat.

She heard a laugh that sent tingles up her spine.

"Fair enough."

Blaze watched a little warily as a figure stepped out of the shadows.

He had dark brown hair and was dressed in kakis and a forest green shirt.

Blaze clenched her hands to stop from running them up and down his chest and arms. The shirt showed the power that those muscles had. They rippled beneath the shirt. His face was handsome and held a faint arrogant touch to it. She eyes his sword belt warily and the cloak he had thrown over his shoulder.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Christian Erik Aston at your service."

He bent down and kissed her knuckles. He felt her shiver from the contact.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

Christian smirked at her.

"Well this will be amusing." he said absently.

"What will?"

Christian looked her over a bit.

"At least you've got a brain unlike other princesses I've met." he said.

"What were you a vulture in another life? Stop circling me."

"A spitfire as well. At least I won't get bored of you."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Blaze shouted fed up.

"You are to be my bride."

*****

^_^ Night of the Raven