Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Draconian's Bliss ❯ The Challenge ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yeah I'm here. Sorry about not updating as of late. My ideas have gone out the window for all of my stories. I know it's short but… I will make it up to everyone some how.

*****

"What?!" Blaze said gasping.

Christian smiled at her.

"I am to be your husband. Your soul mate."

Blaze swallowed the lump in her throat.

"Never." she said fiercely. "I will never marry you."

"So you say now."

Blaze glared at him and turned around to face her parents.

"I hate you." she said to them in a deadly voice.

The words echoed throughout the room and Van and Hitomi looked down ashamed.

Blaze put her hand on her sword hilt and looked at Christian.

"I have a proposition for you Prince." she said to him.

"Oh and what's that?" he asked amused.

"A sword fight. You win I marry you. I win and you leave and never come back."

"Alright but…If I win then you come home with me as my fiancée."

"Fine."

"This will be fun." Christian said.

He bowed to her and left the room to go to the sparring rink. Calmly, Blaze followed.

"Say when Princess." Christian said as they faced each other in the rink.

"When."

They both rushed out in a flurry of swords, clashing and clanging, sending sparks everywhere.

Christian calmly blocked her shots as she kept hitting her sword against his.

"Damn you! Fight!" she hissed.

He smirked at her and swung his sword around, hitting in the face with the hilt. Blaze fell to the ground and tried to shake the stars dancing in front of her eyes.

Christian placed his sword under her chin and looked at her.

"I win Princess."

Blaze got up and kicked at the dirt.

"I'll pack." she said quietly.

Blaze walked calmly to the castle, passing her family on the way. She didn't make eye contact with anyone except Julian and Lain. They both smiled sympathetically.

'I'll play the obedient princess for a short time, but you haven't seen the last of my spirit.' she vowed silently. 'I'll strike when you least expect it Christian Erik Aston.'

*******

^_^ Night of the Raven