Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Draconian's Bliss ❯ Goodbye Fanelia ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Good bye." A tearful Lain told her sister Blaze.

"Don't cry kiddo. I'll see you again I promise." Said Blaze.

Lain nodded and rubbed her eyes.

"I'll miss you." Julian said. He sniffled a couple times and blinked back tears.

"I'll miss you too."

"Don't give Christian too much trouble." Aidan told her.

Blaze's eye twitched in irritation. "I'll miss you too." She muttered.

Blaze nodded to her parents and jumped into the carriage where her new fiancé and his parents were waiting. Van and Hitomi looked down in shame, saddened at their daughter's hatred for them.

Blaze was forced to sit next to Christian in the carriage on the way to her new home. She swallowed a lump in her throat when Fanelia was no longer visible. This was her first time away from biome and she was scared. Was she going to get along with people in the castle? She didn't know. And how could she live out her days with someone she didn't love? Only time would tell.

Christian noticed Blaze's hands were bunched up in her lap. She was biting her lip nervously and was a bit pale looking. He forced her to tangle her fingers with his.

"You'll be fine." He told her, kissing her hand.

She didn't respond, didn't even look at him. He sighed and looked out the window. It was going to take a lot to court Princess Blaze, but something told him that it was going to be worth it.

**********

^_^ Night of the Raven