Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Draconian's Bliss ❯ Escaping ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks for reviewing folkies. I appreciate it. On with the show.

*****

A few hours after they left Fanelia, Blaze was bored. Her legs were cramped and she was terribly bored. No matter what, Christian would not let her hand go. She sighed and reached into her pants pocket. She pulled out a butterscotch sucker from Earth and popped it in her mouth after unwrapping it. It was her only comfort at the moment. No matter what, she always had one with her, it being her favorite candy.

She leaned her head back against the cushions and closed her eyes. She was miserable and scared more by the minute. She didn't want this and this…man knew it. She didn't want to be his wife she wanted….Did she know what she wanted anymore?

She sighed.

Christian looked over at his bride to be. She looked so miserable and pale. At that moment, he feared he had broken her spirit. That was the last thing he wanted. He loved her spirit.

He looked at the weird candy she had stuck in her mouth. He was curious as to what it was. Perhaps he would ask later. In the meantime, he needed to figure out what to do to enlighten her spirits.

He looked over to his mother and father sitting across from them on the other side of the carriage. His mother smiled sympathetically.

"Blaze?" asked his father.

She gave a grunt to signal she was listening and looked over at King Dryden lazily.

"Would you like to ride horse back instead of in the carriage?" he asked.

Christian noticed her eyes sparkle with hope for a minute.

He signaled for the driver to stop and took Blaze's hand, leading her out of the carriage. As soon as they were out, she yanked her hand away from his.

He sighed and untied the two pre saddled horses from the back of the carriage. He handed a nice black one to her and kept the tan one for himself.

Wordlessly she mounted her horse. He mounted his and then they were off racing each other on the road.

Christian looked over at Blaze and noticed her face of pure bliss. The wind whipped through her black hair and her green eyes sparkled with life.

A sudden thought made him smile grimly. He could never make her this happy. Not him as a man. She wouldn't want his love or his wealth. All she wanted was to be unfettered, just like she was pretending now. He was sure she was pretending.

Blaze smiled. This was more like it. To be free. No marriage. No doom. No spending the rest of her life cooped in a castle. Nothing would ever bring her as much joy as being herself. All she wanted in life was a cabin in the wilderness. To be able to do anything she wanted to do.

"We better set up camp for the night."

That voice brought everything to a halt. She remembered. She was not free. She was chained. Chained to this handsome yet arrogant man. Chained to an advocate of Astoria. She would never be free again.

"Fine." she muttered.

She could feel her heart breaking.

The both of them set up camp quietly. Blaze laid down quietly and waited for Christian to sleep. When he finally did, she snuck to her horse. Quietly, she untied it and took off into the forest that ran along the road.

********

^_^ Night of the Raven