Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"What do you mean you couldn't schedule a meeting with an ambassador?!" Van exclaimed, beginning to worry about Fanelia.

"Sire," the ambassador of Fanelia started, "they have no ambassador. Our spies-"

"What spies? I did not allow you to send out any spies!" Van was beginning to get annoyed.

"In a situation such as this it is absolutely necessary to make sure it is safe to negotiate with them. Our spies discovered that they have no ambassador because they are merely a band of ruffians from Zaibach, and a few other small countries on the borders of Zaibach," the ambassador explained.

"They have no leader what-so-ever?" Van asked, beginning to cool down.

"It seems that a man named Balgus is their leader," the ambassador replied.

"No!" Van screamed, "It's not true! Balgus was killed when Fanelia was set on fire! Balgus would never attack his homeland. Never!"

"Sire, please control your temper. We know for a fact that it is Balgus. We need to take immediate measures, they are beginning to send troops to Fanelia as well," the ambassador reasoned.

"Any news of Freid or Asturia so far?" Van asked.

"As of now, they have not been attacked yet. But it is only a matter of time. I strongly suggest that we send out troops immediately," the ambassador advised.

"Fine. I give immediate measure that two thousand troops and three hundred guymelefs are to be sent to the outskirts of Fanelia," Van ordered.

"Yes, Sire. I shall send word immediately," the ambassador bowed and took his leave.

Van decided to tell Millerna that Allen left. He searched the castle for her. He found her in the courtyard. " Princess Millerna," he said.

"Yes, your majesty?" Millerna asked.

"Allen left for Asuria to fulfill his duty as a knight of Caeli," Van informed her.

"Asturia hasn't been attacked yet, has it?" Millerna asked, worried for her country. "I don't know if Eries could rule a country under war without a king."

"No, they haven't been attacked yet, but I do have full confidence in Eries, with or without a king," Van replied.

"And Allen wanted to make sure that Celena was taken care of. Would you be willing to share a room with her?" Van asked.

"Certainly. However I need a room as well. Now that Hitomi is 'back' I don't have a room," Millerna informed.

"Ah, yes… I see. We are having a bit of a shortage of rooms here, considering we just rebuilt Fanelia. Merle and Hitomi can share a room, I guess. I'll show you to Merle's room," Van offered.

"Thank you, Lord Van. But I don't want to put anyone out," Millerna replied.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure they'll understand," Van responded.