Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"You what!?!?!" Merle exclaimed.

"I want you and Hitomi to share a room, so Millerna can have a room," Van explained.

"Can't Hitomi and Millerna share a room?" Merle whined.

"Millerna and Celena are going to share a room," Van replied. Merle started to argue but Van stopped her. "Merle…" he said sternly.

"Fine. I'll do what you ask, Lord Van," Merle replied.

* * *

"What?!?!" Hiomi exclaimed.

"Lord Van says that I have to share a room with you," Merle explained. "But I get the bed. You had the bed last time."

"That wasn't my choice… I passed out, and you were unconscious as well," Hitomi replied, "And I was here first."

This started an argument, which led to a pillow fight. But that isn't really important to the story…

* * *

Allen got into Sherizad. He knew a surprise attack would be risky, but a knight of Caeli never disobeys orders…

He had gotten to Palas, the capital of Asuria, late in the night. Yet he decided to go to the castle instead. Very fortunately for him Eries had become the Queen through succession… the previous king grew ill when Millerna left for the first time, so he gave up the throne to Millerna and Dryden… but Dryden decided that he didn't want to be king. And that threw the succession off. Millerna became princess again and Eries (being older) became queen. With the help of her trusted advisers she was running the country quite well.

It seemed that he arrived right in time for this surprise attack. So he and Sherizad boarded a ship that flew them to the outskirts of Asturia. Soon they were at the camps. They all stayed in the ships, except for the guards who were staying at portable guard towers. No stealth cloaks at all; they might have been considered ruffians, but they didn't feel a need to hide. The encampment was shabby because they didn't need to guard it. They were going to be the ones to attack.