Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







The horns blew to warn them of an intruder. For once the guards weren't slacking off. Soon the enemy guymelefs and troops were out of the ships.

The fight lasted for about half and hour, and was very bloody. There was fierce man-to-man fighting. People were falling all over the place. The ruffians seemed to have the clear advantage, but it was fairly close.

Allen was all over all over the place, slashing and jabbing. When one was down he'd move to the next one and charge it with all of his might. If that weren't enough to stop the enemy he'd go straight for the energist, as he'd seen Van do before. It was obvious that they weren't accomplished swordsmen. However, they had more power in weapons, ammunition, guymelefs, and soldiers.

Allen, in Scherizad, rushed toward an enemy guymelef. He raised his powerful sword high above his head and thrust it down onto the enemy's helmet. *CRUNCH* the metal of the helmet gave way to the metal of the sword.

"AAAHHH!" the warrior who was once cocky and aggressive screamed out of the fear of death.

Allen withdrew the sword from the helmet and used it to slice off the guymelef's arm, which held its sword, while he frantically tried to block the attack. One more hit to the helmet and the opponent fell. Allen was doing great, however most of the Asturian knights and warriors weren't doing as well.

"Allen Schezar, we must flee. It is apparent that we won't win this battle," a much older Knight of Caeli said.

"Never! A knight never flees from a battle," Allen said with conviction.

"Knights of Caeli will be needed in future battles. We can't win this one, and it isn't worth dying for. The most they can do is advance on Asturia," the older knight reasoned.

Obeying orders Allen and the other knights and soldiers fled the battle. It was a long ride back to the castle. 'I can believe I was in a losing battle. I was doing so well,' Allen realized that everything didn't depend on him. 'I'm just a knight no one really needs me.'

Allen just stared out of the window on this 2 hour ride that seemed like 2 years.

* * *

The Ruffians, just as the knight said, advanced on the city.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
I'm still working on posting it… and still have 25 parts completely written… so don't give up on me!