Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"The nerve of him," Hitomi complained, "I saved his life many a time in the past."

"I don't doubt that it is true," Celena replied, "but he did mean well. He was only worried about you… actually all of us."

"He could have asked us what we thought about it, instead of ordering us and being rude about it," Millerna.

"Yeah," Celena and Hitomi sighed.

"Oh, get over it," Merle said, sauntering into the room. "Why would you want to see a battle anyway? The only reason I could think of is to watch Lord Van fight."

"You just don't get it, Merle," Hitomi replied.

Then Van stepped into the doorway. "Do you guys mind if I talk to Hitomi alone for a minute?"

"Go ahead," Celena replied, glad to stop listen to all of the whining on the subject.

"If that's what you want, Lord Van," Merle said.

Millerna just said "Men," and they all walked out of the door.

"I don't want to talk to you," Hitomi said.

"Please hear me out," Van replied. "It is going to be dangerous there and I was just worried," he started.

"You don't need to worry about me. No one asked you to rescue me. I can take care of myself," Hitomi replied.

Merle, who was listening from outside the door (which was closed) said to herself, "Sure… that makes a lot of sense coming from a girl who got kidnapped by geckos…"

Suddenly Merle felt something yank her tail. "HEY WHAT TO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?!?!" Merle screamed, forgetting that she was trying to stay quiet.

"Huh?" Van and Hitomi said that the same time.

"Come now, Merle," Celena whispered sternly, "leave them alone for a minute." And with that Merle, defeated, trudged behind her still perking her ears up trying to listen.

"Fine, I'll tell you the real reason why I am so worried…" Van started, "it seems that Balgus is the leader of the rebels who are attacking Freid."

"But that's impossible! We both saw that Balgus was killed when Fanelia was destroyed, and that was a long time ago," Hitomi said in disbelief.

"I know. And Balgus would never go against his homeland. But I suppose I shall find out soon enough. Might even be while I'm in Freid," Van said.

"But that's no reason to leave us behind. We might be of some help," Hitomi argued.

"I know," said Van, "which is why I'm willing to let you come, if you want to. But please promise me that you will be careful and stay away from the fighting."

"No need to worry," Hitomi replied.

"Good. Please tell the others that they are free to come as well, and be up bright and early," Van requested. With that he walked out of the room, thinking 'Oh, Hitomi. You always manage to make me change my mind. Quite the power that you possess.'