Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Thirteen ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







Morning came soon; it seemed that no sooner had she closed her eyes than Merle began her routine of jumping on her bed. "GET UP!" Merle exclaimed. Hitomi didn't even have time to open her eyed before Merle began to slap her cheek. "YOU'RE GONNA MAKE LORD VAN LATE, YOU STUPID GIRL!!!" Merle was losing patience. Hitomi threw a pillow at Merle, who then fell off of the bed.

"I'm getting up, Merle," said Hitomi getting out of bed, glaring at Merle, and holding her cheek. Hitomi got her school uniform on and threw everything into her duffel bag, ready to leave.

* * *

They all met at a big cargo ship that was already holding 100 guymelefs (and Escaflowne) as well as the pilots to the guymelefs. "Well, it seems that we're all here," Van started, when suddenly a figure began to run toward him.

"I heard about the little trip to Freid," the voice said, "And having never gone to Freid before, I though I might like to come along." Stepping out of the shadows they knew that this could be none other than Dryden.

"Of course you can come," said Van. "However I don't think there is going to be much to see other than fighting."

"I'm sure I can find something that sparks my interest," Dryden contorted hopping on to the ship. They just stared at him in wonder. "Well are we going or not?" And with that they snapped out of it and got onto the cargo ship, which then took of for Freid.

* * *

Meanwhile on the floating fortress (that was hijacked from Zaibach, which really wasn't an enemy country save for the rebels) Balgus was talking to the generals from the other countries represented in this battle. All of them were rebels and after the same thing. "Why are we attacking Freid?" asked one general. "It is nothing more than a country full of monks and a ruler that is a mere boy. We could gain so much more by attacking Asturia as we had planned."

A sorcerer whispered into Balgus' ear. Balgus answered the question, "By gaining control of Freid we will have a stronghold on the other countries and a place to rest before attacking them. We can gain supplies, and this should prove to be easy."

The sorcerer nodded in approval and a sadistic grin spread across his face. Soon they would be in Freid.