Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Fourteen ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"Aunt Millerna!" Duke Chid exclaimed. "And it seems that Fanelia, Hitomi, and Merle are here as well. Who are those other two?" Chid said, curiosity overcoming him.

"That is Dryden and Allen's sister, Celena," Millerna replied.

"Is Allen Schezar coming?" Chid asked, anxious to see his hero again.

Sadness suddenly overcame Millerna remembering that Chid is Allen's son. "We don't know, he was in Asturia."

"Oh," said Chid obviously disappointed. "What brings you here, Fanelia?"

Van explained, "Rebels from Zaibach and the neighboring countries are going to try to attack Freid. We came to offer our services."

"We are most grateful for you assistance, and friendship, Fanelia," Prince Chid said, trying to keep from showing how upset he was.

Chid and Millerna went off to talk for a bit, with Merle and Celena to join in a bit. Dryden went to the cargo ship for a little bit of snooping around to see what he could learn. Van also went to check on Escaflowne to get ready for battle. And that left Hitomi, who just wanted to sit outside…

She had bad memories of this place. A doppelganger had tried to have them killed, but ended up getting killed by Dilandau. There had been a bloody battle in which the Duke of Freid had been killed. And they gave the power of Atlantis to Dornkirk, which caused to much death and suffering. Then there was Chid… a pleasant boy who was full of heart. He became an orphan because he didn't know who his real father was. This boy thought that he was all alone in the world. His mother died long ago, the Duke of Freid died in battle, and Voris died there to save his life as well.

She was sitting outside, alone with her thoughts when a voice said, "You seem troubled, is everything alright, Hitomi?"

It was Chid. "I was just thinking," Hitomi answered.

"I remember what you told me that last time you were her, Hitomi. You said to keep saying 'I wish I were' and the stars would help. The power of the stars; I have been trying to be a strong ruler like my father, and I'm going to keep wishing that I will be," Chid was obviously sad by the loss of his "father." This young boy was wise for his age, and Hitomi loved him as a brother. She knew that she should tell him the truth.

"Duke Chid, there is something that I think you should know," Hitomi started.

"Yes, Hitomi?" Chid asked.

'Oh, no.' Hitomi thought, 'I'm putting myself in the middle again.' "Believe in them," she heard her grandmother say. "It's nothing really, I just wanted to ask for your advice. Um… Van asked me to marry him, and I'm not quite sure what to say," Hitomi decided to let Allen tell him, if he wanted to.

"Van seems very kind, I'm sure he will make you happy, Hitomi," Chid replied smiling.

"I'm not sure if I can help rule a country," Hitomi explained.

"Just ask the stars to help you. I'm sure you'd make a kind ruler," Chid smiled, and Hitomi was obviously comforted by his words.

"Hitomi, I need to talk to you," Van started.

"Of course, Van," Hitomi smiled at Chid then held Van's hand and they walked inside together.

Chid looked at the sky and whispered to himself, "The power of the stars…"