Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"What is it that you wanted to talk to me about, Van?" Hitomi asks once they are alone inside.

"I just can't believe that Balgus would do this… I want you to do a reading for me. PLEASE HITOMI, I NEED TO KNOW!" Van was obviously troubled.

"I can't do readings anymore… bad things always happen," Hitomi begged Van not to ask.

"Please Hitomi. Bad things happen regardless… I need to know," Van pleaded again… his eyes filling with tears. Balgus was the only person he had for a long time. He was an orphan, even more alone than Chid.

"Ok, Van," Hitomi agreed, seeing the tears in his eyes and realizing how alone he really was. "But please remember that you are the one to deal with whatever the cards say."

"Of course, Hitomi," Van responded, realizing that he couldn't argue with the cards and would have to take it, as the King of Fanelia should.

Hitomi got the cards out from the pocket of her jacket. She shuffled them a few times and again laid the cards out in the Celtic cross position. Looking on the side she saw cards in the order of: Death, magician, sun, hanged man. Hitomi suddenly had a vision.

* * *
She saw Balgus dead on the ground. Suddenly a strange man picked him up and carried him away. Suddenly she was in a strange room filled with strange devises. Balgus was laid out on a table, but suddenly he awoke. "Where am I!?" Balgus demanded to know.

"You are on a ship under control by Zaibach. We brought you back to life, and you will be a great help to us," the sorcerer said.

"Never! I will never help Zaibach after what you did to Fanelia!" Balgus yelled.

"So sure of that?" the sorcerer left Balgus tied up on the table and went to go get some mind-control drugs. While the sorcerer was gone Folken snuck into the room.

"I'll get you out of here, Balgus," Folken started to untie him.

"Is that you, Lord Folken?" Balgus said in disbelief.

"Yes, Balgus," Folken continued to try to untie him.

"You are working for Zaibach now?" the grief was too much for Balgus to bear and he passed out. With no way to lift this incredibly large man, Folken started to leave.

"What are you doing in here, Folken Stratagos? You will disturb all of my efforts. Please see you way out," and with that the sorcerer zapped Folken out of the room and locked the door.

* * *

"What did you see, Hitomi?" Van asked. Hitomi explained what she saw to him, sparing no detail. "My brother… tried to help him?" Van still refused to realize that Folken was a good guy.

"Yes, Van," Hitomi replied, "And he saved us all by killing Dornkirk. He isn't the traitor that you would like to think of him as sometimes."

"I know that he isn't a traitor… and I do miss my brother, I really do... It's just that-I don't know," exasperated he slumped down.

"I'm guessing you don't need me to finish the reading?" Hitomi asked.

"No, I know all that I need, thank you," Van was scared to hear much more.

Just then the horn blew to indicate an attack. Van kissed Hitomi on the cheek then ran off to get into Escaflowne.

"Oh, Van. I worry about you so much," Hitomi said to herself. She continued to pick the cards up when the King of Dragons caught her eye.