Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Seventeen ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







"Who are you?!" demanded Allen.

"I am Lingrad," said the sorcerer. "And I think you both know who this is."

"Balgus?!?!" exclaimed Allen in surprise, as he still didn't know about this, whereas Van did.

"You will pay for what you did to Balgus!" Van shouted, his voice full of hatred.

"Oh, and what would that be? Gave him life again? What a shame… I thought you boys liked Balgus," Lingrad said.

"You didn't give him life. You took it away! Controlling him using mind-control drugs is not giving life," Van argued, sword still unsheathed.

"Mind control, or no mind control, he's still alive, isn't he?" Lingrad contorted.

"Balgus would not want to live to be one of your pawns?" Van screamed, ready to strike Lingrad.

"Balgus… attack," Lingrad commanded Balgus, as if he was a dog.

Balgus struck at Van, still as good as when he had been alive. Van gasped. Swords were flying, but Balgus was much stronger. It didn't take long before Van was pinned up against the wall, barely able block Balgus' blows.

"ALLEN!" Van exclaimed. He needed help, but Allen was very much frozen in place. One might have thought it was a spell placed on him by the sorcerer, and in a way it was. Allen was so shocked at Balgus being alive that he just froze… and was alone in his own little world of thought.

* * *

Hitomi shrieked. She was seeing the fight scene again. She knew what she had to do; believing in them would only go so far. She must telepathically send a message to Allen. He needed to help Van!

Allen saw Hitomi in his mind. "You must fight Balgus, and save Van!" Hitomi pleaded.

"I can't-" Allen started. "Balgus taught me everything I know, I can't go against my own swords-master."

"You must!" Hitomi cried. "Balgus isn't your swords-master any more… he isn't himself. He is being controlled by a sorcerer."

"But-" Allen was still too reluctant to fight.

"Balgus isn't himself. He deserves better than to be controlled by a Zaibach sorcerer. You should do this for him as one last favor," Hitomi argued.

"Right!" said Allen, "This Zaibach scum must die! Lingrad shan't get away with this!"

Allen quickly drew his sword and went flying right towards Balgus' back. The sorcerer gasps. Van was surprised as well, having thought that Allen would never help and the end would come soon. But Balgus quickly turned around and blocked his hit. Immediately Van charged at him.

Balgus easily blocked Van's blow. 'You aren't charging aggressively enough, Prince Van.' The words rang through Van's head. "I'll get you… YOU IMPOSTER! YOU AREN'T REALLY BALGUS! FOR ALL I KNOW, YOU COULD BE A DOPPELGANGER!!!" Van then charged with all of his might, knocking Balgus to the ground.

Van then drew his sword through Balgus, although he was very much appalled by the idea. "May you finally rest in peace, Balgus," Van wiped the combination of sweat and blood off of his forehead and got up.

"Very well done," Lingrad said," I didn't think either of you would have the guts to attack your swords-master, which by the way he was. I would never stoop to the level of using a doppelganger," Lingrad contorted, insulting Folken once again. "You may have killed Balgus, but you will never get to me." A beam of black light (yes, black light) picked him up. "Ta-ta boys, I'll see you in, say Fanelia. I shall be taking over in the future. Yes very soon in the future," Lingrad had to get the last word.

"That old rat!" Van exclaimed. "He shall never take over Fanelia! NEVER!"

For once Allen fell silent. 'Balgus gave me everything. Now he has died for the second time, everyone I care about leaves… why does it always happen this way.'

Suddenly a beam of light came and picked the both of them up, taking them away to a destination unbeknownst to all involved.