Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Fanelia ❯ Thirty-four ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Merle! What do you think you're doing?! I barely escape from an exploding floating fortress with my life, and when I get back you tackle me!" Hitomi scolded Merle.
"Hitomi!" Merle hugged her.
This surprised Hitomi a lot. "I was only gone for a day," she laughed. 'Well, at least she isn't licking me,' she thought.
"Celena!" Merle hugged her too.
"Oh, Merle," Celena responded..
"What are you waiting for, you stupid girl? You have to go find Lord Van! He is so upset!" Merle yelled at Hitomi.
"Okay, okay…" Hitomi went inside of the palace. Since she had no idea what room he was in, she just began to wander around. Soon she came to a closed door. 'Ah… Van must be in here,' she thought.
She opened the door to find Millerna and Dryden in mid-kiss. They looked at her.
"Oh, sorry…" she stammered, beginning to blush. She ran out of the door as soon as she could.
Hitomi finally found the room that Van was in. She just stood there watching him for a while. Finally he noticed her. "Hitomi!" he exclaimed as he ran up and hugged her.
"Oh, Van…" she responded. He held her tight.
"I thought you were dead. I love you so much, Hitomi… I love you so much," he breathed into her ear.
"I love you too, Van," she whispered into his.
* * *

Hitomi had finished telling everyone the story. She and Celena got off of the floating fortress just seconds before it exploded. This put major stress in Scherizad and they ended up crashing. There were no major wounds, but Celena and Hitomi had to walk a few miles, leaving Scherizad behind, to get to the castle.
Everyone was very relieved that Hitomi and Celena got back all right. "Damn, and I thought that the levistone would be better than that," Kio muttered to himself.
Unnoticed by everyone else, Celena and Gaddes were in the back holding hands.
"Thank you for your hospitality, Duke Chid, but we must be returning to Fanelia tomorrow," Van told him.
"I understand, Fanelia, and I'm most grateful for all of your help. Please return to Freid whenever you feel like it. My palace is your palace," Chid responded.
Van bowed, "You are most gracious. And you are always welcome to visit us in Fanelia."
The courtesies of visitors leaving were done, and everyone retired to their rooms for the night. But Allen stayed behind.
"Duke Chid, I do hope you understand that I'm leaving tomorrow. As a knight of Caeli it is my duty to return to Asturia," Allen explained to Chid.
"Yes, I understand. It just isn't possible for you to stay here, and I cannot leave Freid any easier," Chid dejectedly responded.
"Here, I wanted to give you this," Allen handed him a medium sized box. "Go ahead, open it."
Duke Chid opened the box. "It is my very first sword. The metal smith in my town gave it to me when I was about your age. It is important for any king to learn mortal sword combat," Allen explained.
Chid ran his small finger down the cool metal of the sword, and briefly touched the helm. "Thank you, father," he said with a smile.
Allen smiled back and then went to his room. After he left, Chid took out the sword and swung it around a bit.