Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Connection #9 ( Chapter 46 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Connection #9

-Tommy-

I've never been in love until I met her. She's like me too. We're both going to die soon.

I met her three days ago. I was at the 7-11 at the time. I don't remember what I was getting. I was in one of the aisles when I felt it. That burning in my shoulder made me scream. It keeps getting worse. I sank to the floor. I've only had “1” burned into my back for three days, twelve hours, thirty-eight minutes, and twenty seconds. I want it to stop. But I don't know how.

“Excuse me. Excuse me.”

I clenched my teeth as I looked up. A hand rested on my shoulder. An angel was looking down at me.

“Are you okay?” she asked. I stared at her. I couldn't speak. My cheeks felt hot.

“Let me get you up,” she said. I was pulled up to my feet. Everything was blurry around me. The next thing I knew, I was lying on the ground outside. The angel stood over me.

“Are you alright?” she asked. I panted as I nodded.

“Yes,” I managed to say. I got a good look at her. She really looked like an angel. Her brown eyes made my heart jump. Her round face made me blush.

“Um… Uh… Uh…” I said. Hard to focus with her blonde hair in the sun like that. She gave me a weird look.

“Are you okay?” my angel asked. I gulped.

“Yes, yes,” I yelped. I quickly nodded. My angel started giggling. She held out her hand.

“I'm Bunny,” she said. “What's your name?” I blinked at first.

“T-T-Tommy,” I said.

“Nice to meet you, Tommy,” Bunny said. I took her by the hand. We stared at each other for a moment. Bunny pressed her lips together.

“What number do you have?” she asked in a low voice. My eyes shifted from her. She already knew? I didn't know how to respond at first.

I looked down at my hands.

“One,” I said softly. “What are you?” That question came out too quickly. Bunny lifted my chin.

“Four,” she said. “I am number four.” Her calm voice and sweet face calmed me down. My face turned bright red.

“I like you!” I blurted out.

“What?” Bunny asked. Her eyes grew wide. Oh no. I did it again.

“I'm so sorry!” I blurted out. “I… I… I…”

“No,” she said. “It's fine.” I slowly closed my mouth. She too was blushing.