Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Message from the Dead ( Chapter 47 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Message from the Dead

-Phoenix-

I love my sister. Katie was my everything. I know she's alive somewhere. I can feel it. I just have to find her. And maybe… Just maybe…

I woke up to someone tapping at the glass. I sat up in bed.

“Hello?” I whispered. I looked at the window. A face was staring back at me. I about jumped. A hand pointed at the latch. Who is he? As if in a daze, I wandered over to my window.

Click.

I tried to open the window as quietly as I could. I had to look behind me a couple of times. The face leaned in close to me.

“Good evening,” he said. I about jumped back.

“Who are you?” I asked. The pale boy bowed his head.

“Oh pardon me. Where are my manners?” he said. “My name is Taro. You must be Phoenix.” I blinked at him.

“Who are you?” I asked. The pale boy bowed his head.

“Oh pardon me. Where are my manners?” he asked. “My name is Taro. You must be Phoenix.” I blinked at him.

“How do you know my name?” I asked.

“Your sister,” Taro said. I froze.

“How do you know Katie?” I asked. He tapped the side of his nose. I stared as I slowly backed up.

“What do you want from me?” I asked. “How did you fine me?” Taro looked straight into my eyes.

“I came to give you a message,” he said.

“A message?” I asked. He leaned in to my ear.

“She's alive. She's waited for you.”

My heart stopped in my chest.

“What?” I asked. I turned but Taro was gone.

“Taro? Where did you go? Taro-san? Taro-san?” I whispered. I looked out my window.

“Phoenix?” mom asked. Oh shit. I jumped into bed and covered my head with my sheets. Footsteps walked up to my door. I held my breath as it opened.

“Phoenix?” she asked. “Are you still awake? What was that noise?” I said nothing. I laid still. Mom stood in the doorway before going back into the hall. She closed the door behind her. I didn't move until she was gone.

What just happened again? Oh yeah…

Katie's still alive? I knew it. But… Where is she? Why would she be waiting for me? I didn't know what to make of this.

I reached for my phone on the floor the next to my bed.

“Hello?” I whispered.

“Phoenix?” Omi asked on the other line. “What's wrong? Dreams again?” I shook my head.

“No,” I said.

“Then… what is it?” he asked. I pressed my lips together.

“I don't know how to put it,” I said. “Listen… can I come by in the morning?” There was a pause.

“Sure,” Omi said. I closed my eyes and bowed my head.

“Thank you,” I said. “Hey, can you stay with me on the phone for a while?”

“Okay…” he said.

“Thank you,” I said again. We stayed on the phone in silence until morning.