Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Lonely Girl ( Chapter 57 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Lonely Girl

-Ayame-

He keeps me in a cage. I'm not a child anymore. I'm fourteen. I know what he gets up to. Still, he thinks that he is “protecting” me. (He's not.)

I barely have friends because of my brother. He's chased them off. I used to be okay with this. But things have changed.

He can't help me with this. He wouldn't believe me either. I thought I was alone on this. Then I met Omi. He became an island in the sea of insanity.

But it's not enough.

We're just going to die. We don't know what to do. But we are trying to fight it. For now, I have to hide the number burned into my skin.

“I'm home,” I said to an empty apartment. Nii-san wasn't home again. He probably was on another date. Somehow, I was okay with that. I took off my shoes and walked into the living room. Homework first and then dinner. Reading and then bed. No TV. My brother doesn't want me to enjoy it. (He has one in his room.) I turned my head when my phone rang.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Ayame!” a girl's voice said. I sat up straight.

“Yumi?” I asked. “What's wrong? Did something happen?” Yumi giggled.

“No, no, nothing like that,” she said. “How are you doing?” My eyes shifted left and right.

“Uh… Fine. And you?” I said.

“I'm great!” she said. I laughed to myself. Okay… What was this?

“Did you need something?” I asked.

“No,” she said. “Just wanted to say hi.”

“Okay…” I said I'm not good with this. But then I paused. Hm? What is that?

“Hello? Are you still there? Hello? Ayame-chan? Hello? Hello?” Yumi asked over the other line. I turned back to my phone.

“Huh? Oh?” I said. “I'm sorry. I thought I saw something out the window.” I got up and looked out said window.

“Your brother?” Yumi asked.

“No… Listen, I'm going to call you back,” I said. There was a pause on the other line.

“Okay,” Yumi said. “Call you back?”

“Sure,” I said. “Bye.”

“Bye,” she said. I hung up and looked out the window. There was nothing there. No one. Nothing. But something wasn't right. Should I call the police? And tell them what? My hand with the phone trembled. I don't like this. I dialed up the only person I knew to call.

“Hello?” Omi asked on the other line. I straightened up and lifted my chin.

“I think someone is watching me,” I said. My voice trembled as I spoke.