Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ GlassHeart Mirror ( Chapter 85 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Glass Heart Mirror

-J.T.-

I can't stand to see her like this. I don't know how to tell her. I have been trying to get close. But I don't know how. I'm an awkward guy. I have never been good with women. Well, with people in general. (Long story.) I get tongue-tied around them. It doesn't go well. Yeah…

But I have to save her from herself. I don't know how. But I am going to try.

--------

-Karen-

There's another guy who's noticed me. I don't know his name. I have seen him around before. He always looks so nervous. I remember the first time I saw him.

I was going home that morning. Now, across the street is a small diner. Sometimes, I stop there to get a bite to eat. I wasn't hungry that morning. I just wanted to get home.

My phone was dying. I took it out to call my madam. Ten percent battery left. Damn it. I lowered my phone and frowned.

That's when I noticed that I wasn't alone.

I turned and looked across the street. He stared at me with a big bag of trash in his hand. His face looked so red. I narrowed my eyes. Wait… Where have I seen him before? He looked so familiar. Hm…

I think he ran to the dumpster. I just walked to the bus station.

---------

-J.T.-

I started following her around at night. I'm not stalking her. I work in the diner across from the motel where she “works”. I see her go in. Oh, I work the graveyard shift at a family diner. (I won't tell you where.) I do the cleaning and washing of dishes. Some patrons stay overnight. I have to walk over them sometimes.

She comes in sometimes. She orders food and eats alone. She always looks so sad. I want to comfort her but I don't know what to say. I'm no good with people. I can only watch. I want to go over but I can't. I don't know what to do. I want to help. I really do.

However, I would get the chance the following night. It all started with a rainstorm. I had to work late again. And guess who came into the diner in the middle of the storm? My jaw dropped. Here was my chance. I could finally be her hero.

----------

-Karen-

I don't know his name. I don't know why he loves me. I don't know why he cares. But he saved me. I wouldn't be here without him. He's like me. We are cursed to die. I don't want to die. He doesn't want to die. We need each other. I need him. Without him, everything falls apart. I wouldn't know what to do. When could I not pick up the pieces alone? I don't like this. I don't want this. But I need him. Soon, he will need me too.

It all started that night.