Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ New Results ( Chapter 105 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

New Results

-J.T.-

I'm back. Did I dream the whole thing? It didn't feel like it. I had one thought on my mind.

“Karen!” I shouted. I jumped out of bed and got dressed. I ran out of my apartment.

I knew she had therapy in the morning. I just had to see her. I had to know if she was okay. I had to know. I made it to the building. My heart pounded against my chest. I didn't know what I would find. I didn't know how I would do this. Maybe I should…

I shook my head.

No! I just need to get this over with. I took a breath and opened the door.

There weren't many people around. Just one woman sitting in the corner of the waiting room. She kept her eyes down on her hands. The receptionist sat at his computer. I walked up to the glass.

“Excuse me,” I said. The receptionist looked up. I rolled back my shoulders.

“Is Saito-san in?” I asked.

“Do you have an appointment?” he asked.

“No,” I said. He raised his eyebrow.

“Is this a walk-in appointment?” he asked. I threw up my hands.

“I guess…” I said. The receptionist narrowed his eyes. I was running out of things to say.

“Look…” I said. He kept his eyes on me. I pressed my lips together.

“Can I use your restroom?” I asked. The receptionist said nothing. Instead, he pointed down the hall.

“Thank you,” I said. I bowed and hurried down the hall.

-----------

This place was a maze. The gray walls don't help. I forced myself to calm down. I took a breath. Right. I need to focus. Which room is Saitou-san in again? I frowned and rubbed the back of my head.

“Excuse me?” a familiar voice asked. My heart skipped a beat. I whipped around.

Karen looked so different. She appeared to be more sophisticated. Her gray dress suit and black-framed glasses looked great on her. She wasn't worn down and tired. Karen held a clipboard to her side.

“Are you lost or something?” she asked. I resisted the urge to hug her. Instead, I cleared my throat.

“I was looking for my friend,” I said.

“What's their name?” Karen asked. “I could look for them for you.” I waved her off.

“Oh, no, no,” I said. “I think she's already gone.”

“I look really look it up quickly,” Karen said.

“No, it's fine,” I said. “I'll call her later. Please.” I bowed to her.

“I'm J.T.,” I said. I saw her eyes light up a bit.

“Karen,” she said. “Nice to meet you.” She bowed to me. Everything seemed fine. But still…

“Hey,” I said.

“Hm?” Karen asked. I stood up straight.

“Are you free tonight?” I asked.

“Yes, why?” she asked.

“Can I take you out on a date?” I asked. “I mean… if you want to.”

“Yes, I would love to,” Karen said. I smiled.

“Do you want to meet up at Fire Thai's?” I asked. “It's a small Thai place downtown.”

“Okay,” she said.

“Great!” I said back. We exchanged numbers.

“See you at six?” I asked.

“Sure,” Karen said.

“Great, see you then,” I said. We bowed and parted ways. Good, she was okay. I did it. I saved my girlfriend. Well, future girlfriend. We can just fall in love again.

But why couldn't I get this nagging feeling out of my head?