Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Alex + Rebecca ( Chapter 121 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Alex + Rebecca

-Rebecca-

He didn't use to be like this. We were so happy. But now…

He's just always so angry. Mostly at me. It's not his fault. He doesn't want to die. Neither do I.

I:

Their neighbors see them. He yells at her. Omi saw it last night. He spotted the couple outside. The man looked angry. She cowered as he yelled at her. Omi looked uneasy.

“Should I say something?” he asked himself. Suddenly, the man slapped her in the face.

“Wait a minute! That's gone too far!” Omi shouted. He got up and ran out to the front of the house. The man was about to smack her again. But someone grabbed his wrist. Omi froze as the man turned his head. Saito was holding his hand back.

“Oh good,” Omi said. She ran back into the house.

II:

Her face hurts. Cuts, bruises, and black eyes.

“It's nothing.”

They don't believe her. Why does she lie? Even she doesn't know anymore. But she can't leave. It will only get worse. But she can't leave.

III:

They are both dying. They too have numbers burned into their skins. He had thirteen and she was twenty. He's afraid. He doesn't want to die. Neither does she. Alex doesn't know what to do. Rebecca can't stand to see him like this. But she can't help him. She doesn't know what to do either. They are all stuck. And it's going to get worse.

IV:

“You can't let him do this to you.”

“This is not love.”

“He's going to murder you.”

“This is not normal.”

“Leave him.”

“Leave him before it's too late.”

She's heard it all before. She know they are right. But she still can't leave. It would have to take a miracle to make a change.

V:

Her cheek still stung from the slap. Hiding would not be easy. Rebecca feared what was coming next. She closed her eyes and started to pray. But she still won't leave. Something will have to make her do so.

This winter just might do the trick.