Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ The Scent of Blood ( Chapter 134 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Scent of Blood

Meanwhile, Namie knows what is coming next. Rachel knows it too. And it will be glorious. However, the others don't feel the same. Not surprising in the least. Some hate the game after all.

Namie was ready for that.

She stood at her window. Namie went over the unfolding game. Piece by piece. Inch by inch.

She turned when there was a knock on the door.

“Oh. Did I wake you?” Namie asked. Rachel shook her head.

“No, I'm fine,” she said. She walked up to her sister. Namie looked out the window.

“A storm is coming,” she said.

“I see,” Rachel said. There is nothing outside. But Namie knew better. She closed her eyes and took it all in.

“Mmm,” she said. “Can you feel it, my dear sister?”

There is a war coming. The clans don't agree with what Namie is doing. She's going too far, overreaching. Vampires aren't gods.

Right?

------------

The clans are meeting tonight. They all sat at the table. Namie and Rachel sat at the table. The younger sister held her hand. The head of their clan stood up. Namie knew what was coming next.

“Thank you for coming out tonight,” he said. No one said a word. Rachel had no emotion on her face.

“There has been some discord among the families,” their father said. One vampire from the Feng clan raised his hand.

“Do you not know what your daughter had done?” he asked.

“Yes,” Alcloud said. His younger daughter smirked. A member of the Limbert raised their head.

“She acts like she is god with this foolish game!” they shouted. “This cannot be allowed.”

“Oh really?” Namie asked, turning her head. “How are your farms doing?” The lord cut her a cross look.

“That's different,” he said.

“How?” the younger vampire asked. The lord's wife grabbed his arm.

“It's more humane and they all consent,” she said.

“Uh-huh,” Namie said in a flat tone. The couple glared at her. A cloud cleared his throat.

“What exactly is the problem?” he asked.

“She is wasting good blood!”

“It's pointless bloodshed.”

“She's playing god.”

“What gives her the right?

“She's going to steal our prey.”

The arguments kept going. Namie laughed the whole time. This was her game. In a few months, it will be over. She would get the final word. It didn't matter what they thought. It was all for Rachel. All for my sister.

Namie smiled as she waited to get back to her flock. Things were getting good.

Meanwhile on the ground…