Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Blood* ❯ Night Drive ( Chapter 141 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Night Drive

-Shannon-

What's the point anymore? They are just going to kill us anyway. We might as well die now and get it over with.

But I don't want to die.

I hav been driving lately. Driving a lot. It calms me down. I'm always alone.

Tonight, I had to get out. The back roads were the best. Just me and my thoughts. Cliched, I know. I have nothing else.

“Fuck!”

I… I… I…

I turned when my car was lit up inside. What the hell? Oh… This is not good, is it? I tried to move to the side. Maybe they are trying to pass me?

The lights came behind me. Huh? What the hell are they doing? I tried to move aside again. Damn it, he won't let up! I tried to speed up! This jackass kept up with me.

This asshole chased me. All I could see was the headlights. There is no signal out here. Shit. Shit! What do I do? I floored it. I never pray. But I was praying hard that night.

That car wouldn't go away. I gritted my teeth. Come on! It didn't help this road went one way. Maybe… Maybe….

I turned and drove into the grass. Keep driving! Keep driving!

I drove through the grass. I didn't know where I was going. Tears ran down my cheeks. I don't want to die! Please leave me alone. I don't even know you! Go away. I am going as fast as I can. But those damned lights wouldn't back off. I couldn't lose him. I was going to have to try something drastic.

---------

I don't know how I got like this. I went out to another party last night. (Heh. Might as well. I probably won't get to do it again.) But something was wrong. I…

I felt nothing. I was numb. When did it get so… boring? I looked like a sourpuss. I wanted to leave. And go where? I didn't feel like going home yet. I figured I would just drive until morning. Like I had anything better to do.

I don't like what I have become.

I stood up from the bar.

“Shannon?” one of my friends asked. I didn't stay to look. I had already left the club. I didn't stop walking either. I kept on until I made it to my car.

--------

I kept driving on the grass. It rained last night. Yeah… If I got stuck I am screwed. I made the mistake of looking into the rearview. Oh come on! He's still following me?! I started to get angry. There was only one way to end this. I gunned for the nearest tree I saw. I closed my eyes and pressed the pedal to the floor. And…

Crash!

And then it went silent. But my nightmare was just beginning.