Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Of Ryujin Blood ❯ Festival Preparation and Empaths ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Of Ryujin Blood 3:

Of Ryujin Blood 3:
Festival Preparation and Empaths
Author's Notes: I know this is a yaoi series it still puzzles me has to why I like it since normally that thing doesn't appeal to me. I guess my love of the supernatural and action kinda overpowered that. Any who even though I kn ow this is a ya o i I decided to write something different. I decided to write a romance between Hisoka and a chick. So if you don't like changes then I suggest you don't read this. That is just a far warning and if you flame me for writing it then I will ignore you since I have warned you before hand about the story. But despite that I do hope you guys read this and enjoy it.
I would like to thank the author Moon Mama for letting me use the idea of Kharandha'I for my fic.
_______________________________________________________
Hisoka awoke to find that h e was staring up at a pair of emerald green eyes. The eyes blinked at him and meowed softly and rubbed its face against the cheek of the young male. He blinked slightly before shoving the cat away and standing up. He walked over to the window to shut it when something caught his eyes. Looking down Hisoka saw Yuki and Okibi both girls were dressed has priestesses with their long dark hair up in a ponytail. The girls held one samurai sword each and they were performing what looked like to be a dance together.

Hisoka knew the style quite well; except instead of using the style to fight one used it to in a way act out a story. He was mesmerized by the way they moved about using Kharandha'I or sword dance. It was a style that traditionally was only taught to males however their father must have taught them either that or their grandfather. Upon closer inspection he saw that the dance was much like the story they had told him last night. The mikos were acting out the part of the Ryujin. He sighed and closed the window before changing and walking outside onto the porch to watch them better, he was soon joined by Tsuzuki.

What are they doing? asked Ts u zuki .

They are doing the Kharandha'I, said Hisoka. It can be used for both battle and in the form of a dance. Sometimes people can even use them for both which is what they seem to be doing at the moment. The mikos are acting out the story of the Temple; first from the Ryujin and now from the Azemanjin.

Together the two men watched has they told for one part of the story then the other. Then the two mikos turned toward each other and took positions they shouted the words that invited the swords to a battle dance before launching themselves at each other. The two males were so busy watching the females they did not notice the group of males and females that had come up behind them until one of them spoke.

How strange, said a male voice. Normally Oki-chan would act has the Ryujin since she is the oldest; but it would seem that she has assigned that honor to Yu-chan. Oh I am Yasiko by the way.

The young male bowed before the males and the others in his group followed; Tsuzuki and Hisoka bowed has well after awhile. They took in the group the males were wearing a traditional samurai gi while the females were wearing kimonos. Then the group exchanged names before turning their attention back to the sword dancing females.

What do you mean that Okibi would normally act has the Ryujin? asked Tsuzuki.

Its tradition the oldest always acts has the Ryujin, said Korania. Until he or she can no longer be the part for any reason.

Do you think something happened that made Oki-chan believe she is no longer worthy of it? asked Haki.

No, said Yasiko. I do not believe that it is that reason.

Then what other reason do you know?! demanded Korania.

Watch careful, said Yasiko.

The group watched Okibi careful and noticed that something was wrong with one of her upper arms. Hisoka and Tsuzuki noticed that it was the same arm that Yuki had shot the Azeman with.

Very interesting, said Tsuzuki.

What is interesting? asked Kagame.

What is? asked Magame.

Um nothing, said Tsuzuki sh aking his hands in front of him while turning into his puppy form.

But you said 'very interesting;, insisted Kagame. And I wanna know what is very interesting.

Very interesting, said Magame looking at Tsuzuki.

Nothing, said Tsuzuki trying to convince the girls that he hadn't said anything.

Well neechan it would seem that we have a n audience, said Okibi.

Together has one the sisters turned to look at the group that had gathered.

Are we really that entertaining? asked Okibi raising an eyebrow.

Now neesan be nice, said Yuki softly. They are probably just surprised that I was the Ryujin for this practice around. Besides Tsuzuki-san and Hisoka-san probably have never seen the story performed.

Alright fine whatever, said Okibi. Come on everyone let's all go inside and have breakfast then ; we can finish setting up for the performance and festival.

Right, said Yuki. Come everyone follow me.

Yuki walked past the group on the porch and headed into the house Kagame and Magame ran in right behind her. The others soon followed behind; Okibi and the other females went into the kitchen to help Yuki. After breakfast the entire group set about finishing setting up the lands for the festival. They finished setting up the arena were the sword dance would be done and the curtained off areas were the sister's would change. They set up the Japanese lanterns and poles that held colorful streamers. Finally they were done and gathered on the porch an hour before lunch, so that they could survey the work.

This place looks more beautiful then it has in years, said Korania.

Indeed it does, said Yuki smiling softly.

Okibi just nodded softly and stared off into space for several minutes. Eventually sh e stood up and headed toward the sentou. Even though she preferred to take showers, Okibi was sore from the morning's activities and was in need of something to relax her muscles. She looked thoughtful for a moment has she considered the thought of getting her younger sister to massage her shoulders. She sighed and disappeared inside the sentou before changing in the separate room before going into the room that held the furo in it. She relaxed in it wrapping her hair up in a towel and allowed her mind to wonder while rubbing at the scar she had gotten that previous night.

I am going to the furo, she said after a moment.

Yasiko whistled for a moment before getting up to follow her, before tripping over someone's foot. He whirled and glared at Tsuzuki who was looking at him with wide innocent eyes.

What was that for?! he demanded.

Didn't anyone tell you it's not nice to look in on women while they were bathing? asked Tsuzuki.

What the hell do you know about it?! demanded Yasiko.

I had an older sister she taught me well, said Tsuzuki happily.

Meaning she through stuff at him he walked in on her, muttered Korania.

NANI?! hollered Tsuzuki. No, that's not the reason at all!

Sure, said Haki joining in the teasing of the other man.

Yuki laughed softly watching the two girl's attack Tsuzuki with taunting him.

Baka, muttered a soft voice.

Huh, said Yuki turning to look at the younger Shinigami.

Something wrong Hisoka-san? she asked.

No, said Hisoka not looking at her.

It's not nice to lie to people you know, said Yuki frowning slightly.

I just don't like crowds of people, said Hisoka softly.

Yuki frowned before noticing how far away he was from the rest of the group. The young male was on the far side of the porch which was about five feet away from the others. She got up slowly and walked over to him before taking a seat next to him leaving half an inch between them.

So you are an empath I take it? she asked.

How did you know? asked Hisoka startled. My grandmother was one and she passed it on to my mother; who in turn passed it on to me and neesan. I take you do not know how to control it?

Not really why do you?

Somewhat, said Yuki looking up at the ceiling of the porch. There is never a way to completely control your powers; though it can be tamed in a way.

Do they know? asked Hisoka nodding toward the group who had somehow all managed to gang up on teasing Tsuzuki.

They know we have some power but are not aware of how great and to what extent it is. That is a rule that is placed upon this shrine.

What do you mean? asked Hisoka.

People seem to fear that which they do not fully understand, said Yuki. Sometimes that fear leads them to anger and violence; many people tend to die on both sides from their reactions. So it is best that they not truly understand who we are and what we can do. It is best for everyone if they somehow remained innocent to that fact.

Innocence can lead to the death of many, said Hisoka.

Perhaps, agreed Yuki. However in some ways it can also save them from mental and even psychological damage.

Hisoka looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding his head; she had a point.

Although I do agree with you, said Yuki after a moment. Sometimes being innocent about things does make it even more dangerous.

Hentai no baka! screamed a voice across the courtyard.

Hisoka and Yuki jumped to their feet to see Tsuzuki flying through the wall of the furo side of the bath house. The older Shinigami had a white cloth tide across his head preventing him from seeing.

Oh, said Yuki blinking. Magame and Kagame must have talked him into playing hide and seek with them. I guess he was the one that was supposed to seek them out.

He must have walked in on your sister on accident, said Hisoka. Baka.
_____________________________________________________________
Author's Notes:
Sakusha-san - I don't have anything against it really I just am not the biggest fan of it. I mean after all if I had something against it then I wouldn't be watching this anime. Glad to know you like the plot though.

Lady Shinnite - I am sorry if my answers sounded rude to you. I really did not mean for them to sound that way. I am using a word to write and sometimes things tend to get by it I guess. Then again we are only human and some things will get by us. Well since u brought up the rape thing I would think he would find it hard to trust males. The Tsubaki-hime thing I think taught him to understand that not every one human will treat him like dirt. If you have any suggestions for how I can make this less Mary-Sueish then I am willing to listen. Once again I am sorry if this sounded rude I really do not mean for it to be.