Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi: Street Fighter?! ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi- Street Fighter?!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Hey, everyone! DJ here, and its good to be back! Thanks to all that reviewed, especially Silver Moon Phoenix!

Yugi: (Grins) DJ's been very excited. Seeing people appreciate his work always makes his day!

Darien: For now, let's have fun! Also, a few characters have been added to this chapter. Can you spot them, those that read this before?

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 7

Three weeks had passed since Ryu and Chun-Li took in Yugi. He had advanced greatly in both Shokotan and Wu Shu. Sakura and himself greatly improved in both ki attacks and also in strength, speed, agility, and also concentration. Also, something interesting happened about a two weeks ago.

Yugi was enrolled in Sakura's high school, Taiyo High! Chun-Li made the preparations, and now Yugi was going to school with Sakura. Because of Yugi's former position in Domino High, he was automatically a Junior. Although he and Sakura were in the same classes, he flew through his lessons quickly.

Even back at his old school, he was a straight-A student who worked hard with his paperwork and projects. It was no different here. But now, he was popular among smart students and popular ones too! Because of his training, he had gained some muscle and also grew in little in height.

Sakura's friend, Hinta, once told her, "Its too weird to see a boy that has muscle and brains too!". It was true. Jocks and other sports buffs only worried about their looks and also the sports they were in. Yugi was different; he cared more about his education and lessons rather then his looks. Thus, he was a girl magnet to the entire school!

Now, he was in his homeroom studying for a test. It was Calculus, and it was a tough subject. Even Seniors had trouble with it, but it didn't seem to bother Yugi too much. To him, math was like a puzzle game.

'Just figure out where the pieces fit into, and it'll be easy.', he told himself.

And it seemed to work, for he seemed to know the answers on his test papers. After the test, the teacher dismissed them and told them that the grades would be posted tomorrow. Leaving with Sakura, the two went to their next class, which was gym. Along the way, they started to talk.

"Man, what a hard test! I didn't think I could make it!", the schoolgirl whined.

Yugi chuckled and said, "I'm sure you passed, Sakura. I know it!".

She smiled at the teenage boy and replied, "Thanks. But, I know you passed it! Heck, I even think you aced it!".

Yugi blushed slightly at the compliment. Seeing that they only had five minutes until gym, they raced over to it. Arriving on time, Yugi said his goodbyes and went over to the Boys' shower/changing rooms to get into his gym clothes.

As Sakura changed into her gym clothes in the Girls' shower/changing room, she couldn't help but think on how much Yugi had changed. Physically, anyway. His gentle, but strong nature never seemed to change. He was always helpful around the dojo, encouraging in her studies, and also very dedicated to his training.

"Hmm. It's no wonder he has so much potential. He's just too wonderful to be normal.", she told herself softly.

Then, she blushed. 'Did I just… say that?!', she thought.

She quickly shook it off and finished dressing. Once she was in her gym uniform (a tight white t-shirt with short purple shorts), she went outside to do some volleyball. Hinta later joined her. As they played, they saw Yugi running around the tracks. He was good enough to keep up with the older boys, which was impressive.

"That Yugi sure is some kid, isn't he?", Hinta asked her friend.

Sakura nodded and replied, "He sure is. He was once a champion of Duel Monsters, a card game he showed me.".

Hinta nodded, then both continued to play the game. After awhile, she asked Sakura, "How are things back in Osaka? Is Karin still calling Yugi on that new Vid-Phone?". Now that really got under Sakura's skin to say the least.

After Karin had left, she had tracked down Ken in his home in California, U.S.A. She had convinced him to train her and his son Mel. Before and after her sessions and school, she had called Yugi in Japan via Vid-Phone. The Vid-Phones were invented by Master's Inc., one of Ken's industrial companies.

They served both as a phone and video screen to see the one you were calling (think Pokemon phones in the Pokemon Center). Thus, Ken had one and gave one to Ryu as a compliment gift. She had called many times to see how Yugi was doing and to say hello. She also flirted with the young Shokotan student, which annoyed Sakura to no end.

After remembering the times Karin called, Sakura came back to the present and replied, "Ugh. Yeah, she still calls him. Man, she acts almost like she and Yugi are engaged or something!".

Hinta smirked as she hit the volleyball to a teammate and stated, "You're jealous, aren't you?".

Sakura blushed and stammered, "N-No way! I' can't be jealous!".

Hinta chuckled and said, "I think you are Sakura. You're jealous that Karin is hitting on Yugi!". Sakura said nothing, which made Hinta smirk even wider.

'I'm so right about this then!', she thought.

Gym was soon over, and everyone changed so they could go back home. It was the weekend, which meant fun and freedom. Not to Yugi and Sakura, though. It meant more hours of training and sparring. But, they didn't mind.

Sakura was dressed back in her school uniform, waiting outside for Yugi. Just then, Hinta came to her and told her that Yugi had to stay in school for a while to help the teachers.

She groaned and said, "Well, I'm sure he told Ryu. I mean, Ryu is very strict when it comes to being late.".

Sakura knew that all too well. In fact, she recalled on why Ryu was a strict sensei. It was due to an argument between his late sensei Gouken and one of his pupils, Dan Habiki. Ryu told her the story, and it went something like this:

{Flashback: Dan was arguing with Gouken, trying to convince his teacher to pick up the pace of the lessons. However, the wise martial artist did not budge an inch.

"Young one, you must be patient. Martial arts takes time and patience, to be able to fully focus and concentrate on your skill and potiential.", he told the hyped-up teenager.

Dan stood up and stated, "If that is the case, I wish to leave now, Sensei. The martial arts you have in mind are not for me, then. I will go forth and create my own style, one that suits my need.".

He then left the dojo, never noticing the two other students, Ryu and Ken, eavesdropping behind the door. They hid before he left, making sure he did not see them.

End Flashback}

Ryu told Sakura that Shokotan was all about focus, discipline, patientce, willpower, speed, and strength. Only one that can truly master all of these elements would be considered a martial artists in his eyes.

Snapping back to reality, she waved goodbye to her friends. Sakura then raced towards the mountains. She knew that Ryu was going to be hard on her for being late!

"Man, why does this have to happen to me?!", she complained to herself. Along the way, she was thinking on what Hinta said at gym.

'I'm a really… falling for Yugi?', she asked herself. In the past, it didn't seem possible. But now… well, things changed.

~Back in the secret base of Akuma and Bison~

The two evil beings were watching the scene before them, amused to say the least. The Evil Three; Sagat, Balrog, and Vega also were present. They held the scene with amusement too, more so then Bison and Akuma.

"It looks like someone is coming into terms with their feelings.", Vega snickered while polishing his mask.

Balrog snorted and demanded, "Why are we watching this kid, Yugi?! He's puny and pathetic, compared to us!".

Sagat replied, "Quiet, Balrog! Can you not sense the potential and power within the boy?!".

Bison nodded and looked at his three fighters of Shadowlaw. "Indeed, you are correct Sagat. Yugi holds the power to become a great and powerful fighter. Yes, it will take time, but it will be shown.", he told them all.

Balrog was stunned that a tiny fighter like Yugi held the potential to become a powerful Street Fighter. Akuma glowered for a moment, then stood up from his seat.

"Where are you going, demon?", Bison inquired in his deep bass voice.

Akuma did not turn to face him, but answered, "I am sick of waiting. I will go to Osaka and challenge the boy myself. I would like to see on how much power and skill he has so far.". Before anyone could say anything else, the demon teleported out.

Bison thought, 'If he interferes, it could ruin our plans!'. He quickly went to the computer console and contacted Juni and Juli.

"Yes, General! What are your orders?", Juni's voice called out.

Bison stated, "Keep an eye on Yugi Moto! Akuma is coming to challenge him! When the time comes, protect that boy from serious harm!".

"Yes, General!", was the reply before cutting off. Bison looked up, seeing the screen before him. Yugi had just emerged from the school, now running towards Ryu's dojo/his home.

"Let us see on what you are made of, Mr. Moto.", Bison chuckled before going out into a full evil laughter. Even the Evil Three wanted to see on how much Yugi had learned.

~In a nearby forest near the mountains~

Yugi was hauling his butt fast to Ryu's dojo, wanting to make up time as much as possible.

"I can't believe that the faculty wanted me to plan next weeks finals! Well, being a bright student has its drawbacks.", he told himself as he rushed towards home.

After an hour of running, he decided to take a small break. He saw a clear brook nearby, and went over to take a drink. As he knelt down and scooped some of the clear, cold water in his hands, he heard nature calling to him. Birds were singing, and tiny animals scurried about. Yugi enjoyed the peaceful moment, feeling content and calm.

But, as soon as the water touched his lips, the forest went silent. The birds stopped singing and flew away, while the animals quickly returned to their homes. The wind rustled and tossed the leaves around, giving off a very eerie quality. Yugi rose from his position, and tried to concentrate like Ryu and Chun-Li taught him.

'Something is wrong here. Some… immense darkness is approaching.', he thought. Then, someone appeared from out of nowhere.

The being was 6'2, tall and imposing. Darkness shielded him, covering his face and body. He looked muscular and strong, his aura giving off a strong red and black look. His hair was blood red, tied into an upward ponytail. His gi was dark gray, a long string of big maroon orbs encircling his neck.

His skin was dark tan, and his face was like a demon. His teeth were pointed, like a hungry wolf. His eyes lacked pupils, only white dots in the black spaces. The man looked evil, and Yugi was on his guard.

"Who are you?", he asked calmly and coolly.

The demon-man looked at the small boy and stated, "My name is Akuma, master of the entire arts of Shokotan and wielder of the Dark Hadou.".

Yugi gasped slightly, having heard of Akuma from Ryu. "What is it that you want?", he asked once again, showing little fear.

Akuma's stoic look deepened as he answered, "I am here to challenge you to battle, young Yugi Moto.".

Yugi immediately realized that he did not stand a chance against Akuma. He was still learning, and could barely defeat his sensei.

'I know I cannot beat him.', he thought.

He remembered Ryu's words of wisdom, "Challenge people that are strong, but do not foolishly go into a fight you know you cannot win.".

Yugi replied, "I do not wish to fight you, Akuma. I am not within your level of power yet.".

Akuma slightly smiled and replied, "I know.".

Without warning, he attacked! He went in with a powerful, but quick jab, but Yugi was able to dodge it due to size and speed. Akuma followed it with a strong downward kick, but again Yugi dodged it.

The young boy realized that he was outclassed here, and did whatever he could not to fight back. If he did so, he would be severely beaten. Akuma tried to land punches and kicks on the student of Ryu, but had no luck.

"Here, Akuma! Take this!", Yugi shouted. He quickly charged up his hands, and formed a ki ball. Akuma prepared himself to counter the attack.

"Hadoken!", Yugi shouted as he unleashed a medium-sized ball of energy!

It flew not towards Akuma, but the ground near him! It exploded, creating a smokescreen of dust and grass that blinded the warrior temporarily. Yugi saw his chance and made a run for it back to Ryu's dojo.

"If anyone can defeat Akuma, it is him!", he told himself as he streaked towards the dojo.

He didn't get far, for Akuma teleported in front of him. "Very clever ploy, little one. You are indeed smarter then I gave you credit for.", the warrior boomed with an evil smirk on his face.

Yugi fell down to the ground in shock and surprise, and tried vainly to get up. He was afraid, and it showed greatly. Akuma was preparing to throw a purple Hadoken, but was interrupted by two people. Yugi saw flashes of purple streak from the forest and hit Akuma! He staggered back from the attacks, and regained some form of balance once again.

"Well, well. Rescuers are here.", he stated calmly. Yugi looked to his sides, and saw that he was being protected by two beautiful teenage women. A redhead and a brunette, both wearing the same uniform.

'Must be twins at a same school.', he thought as the two hovered above him protectively.

The redhead declared, "You want him, you have to go through us!". She then went into a fighting stance, as did the other.

Akuma laughed haughtly, then glared at the two women. "I see that I am outmatched here, two to one. I will postpone our fight later.", he told them.

He looked at Yugi and stated, "I shall return later, Yugi Moto. I will not rest until I see your true power!". Without warning, the warrior teleported from the battlefield.

Yugi breathed out a sigh of relief, and stood up to thank his rescuers. "Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.", he told them while bowing.

The two smiled at the little student. The redhead stated, "Its our pleasure. Besides, we were in the neighborhood and heard the commotion.".

The brunette added, "Yeah. We saw what happened, and came to help.".

Yugi smiled at them and asked, "Again, I appreciate it. Oh, by the way. What are your names?".

The redhead said, "I'm Juni, and this is my sister Juli.".

Both shook hands with Yugi, then heard a beep from their watches. "What is that?", Yugi asked.

Juli replied, "Oh, its out watchs. Oh man, we are late for class! Sorry to cut it short!".

Without warning, the two kissed Yugi on each cheek and then ran off. Yugi was a bit surprised by this, but a small smile was on his face and a slight blush was on his cheeks. He gently and slowly touched the spots on where they kissed him. Then, he remembered that he was now late for class!

"Oh man! I got to go!", he exclaimed as he picked up his backpack and streaked towards the dojo. Lucky for him, the dojo was nearby. He knew that Ryu was not going to believe his excuse, but he had to tell him on what happened. It looks like things were heating up big time!

(Author's Notes: Soon, Yugi will leave the school and travel all over the world! He will learn from many Street Fighters, and also prove his worth as a warrior!

Yugi: At least I know on when to fight and when to run. I may be eager to battle now, but one must realize the need to take flight rather then fight.

Darien: True. Some battles are not worth fighting until later on. So, did you see on what was added here? If so, congrats! Also, keep those votes coming! The more, the merrier!

DJ: Before we go, who here thinks Yugi has what it takes to become a Street Fighter? Also… who here would like to train with him in the martial arts? I'm asking everyone, but my aim is mostly at the female readers here. Muses included.

R&R, no flames, and enjoy!)