Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi: Street Fighter?! ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi- Street Fighter?!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Hello, everyone! I have heard from your reviews, and it is good to see that a lot take an interest in this unique crossover!

Yugi: But, what will happen now?

Darien: You, my friend, are going to start traveling the world and meeting various other Street Fighters! From there, you will learn each and every single technique and special move from them! You will become an advanced student of all of the arts!

Yugi: (Puzzled) But, whom I am I going to be paired up with?

DJ: That is for the reviewers to decide on. What is it going to be, ladies and gentleman? Here are the main choices here: Juni, Juli, Sakura, Rose, Makoto, or Karin? Take your pick in the reviews, and list your reasons as to why.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 8

Ryu Hoshi was major distraught. Earlier on, he had felt the unmistakable ki of Akuma and his Raging Demon. He had wondered on why Akuma was here, and far away from the dojo. That is, until Yugi came home and told him on what happened. Now, he was sitting on the patio deck. He was looking down at the ground, his face twisted in anger.

'If Akuma knows about Yugi's potential, then we need to step up the training!', he thought.

He heard footsteps approaching him, and he turned up to see that it was Yugi, Chun-Li, and Sakura. Yugi's head was slightly bowed, a look of shameness on his face.

"Sorry if you are disappointed in my decision to run away from Akuma instead of fighting him.", he said softly.

He thought that Ryu was thinking that he was a coward. Ryu sported a small smile as he stood up from his sitting position. He put a hand on Yugi's shoulder and replied, "No, Yugi. I am not disappointed. In fact, I am very proud of you.".

Yugi looked at him in confusion and inquired, "Why?".

He answered, "You made the right decision. You knew well enough not to face Akuma because of your skill level. It is very small compared to his. You knew on when to fight, and when to run.".

Chun-Li added, "You did the right thing, Yugi. You have both smarts and wisdom. You have used them well.". Sakura smiled at her friend/sparring partner, but a frown soon came on.

"But, why did Juni and Juli help you? After all, they are Shadowlaw agents!", she exclaimed.

Yugi had also told them about how he was rescued by Juni and Juli. Once he told them, Chun-Li explained to Yugi that they were once Shadowlaw agents, personal assassins of Bison.

"Those girls were among the top-ranked, Bison's elite. They are cold-blooded, and are very loyal to that son of a bitch!", she said icily.

Yugi replied, "Maybe, but I don't think so know. Maybe they changed their ways.".

Chun-Li said, "I highly doubt that.".

The young man smiled slightly and told her, "I don't. Listen, before I met Joey and Tristen back in my old life, they were the meanest bunch of bullies in Domino High School. Even when they bullied me, I saw the goodness in them that everyone else did not see.".

Ryu and the two ladies started to listen intently on Yugi's story. "When another bully named Ushio started to pick on them, I actually defended them. I took a beating, but the principle and other teachers saw it. They suspended him from school, and Joey and Tristen were okay. They were actually surprised that I defended them, even after all they did to me.". he finished.

Chun-Li knew on why he was telling them this; Yugi saw the good in them, and was willing to give them a chance. Yugi told them, "I sense no good in Akuma, that much is clear. But, I feel that Juni and Juli are not evil at all like you claim. Just misguided. I trust them, and willing to give them the benefit of a doubt that they are not evil.".

Ryu had to smile at this. Yugi was rather naïve, but he had the faith and trust in a child. 'This must be a natural instinct for him. To sense the good in others and make the person realize it. It will serve him well.', he thought.

Ryu snapped out of it and declared, "That is good to hear, Yugi. However, we have more pressing matters at hand.".

Yugi listened to him, giving his sensei his full attention. "Because of this encounter with Akuma, we are going to raise the level of you and Sakura's training greatly. For the next time you meet Akuma, you might be able to hold him off on your own.", he told him.

Yugi nodded, knowing full well that Ryu was right. Seeing that the sun was near setting and it was the beginning of the weekend, Ryu announced that he was going to be training Yugi and Sakura all night long! Yugi did not complain at all, neither did Sakura.

'We have to be prepared in case Akuma returns!', each thought of at the same time.

Ryu told his two students to get dressed immediately, so the training could commence. The teenagers nodded, quickly running to their rooms to change.

While he was waiting, Chun-Li went to her love and asked, "Ryu, you sense something else, don't you?". The Shokotan master slowly nodded his head, eyes closed.

He replied, "I sense that Yugi does not have the Raging Demon inside of him. But, Akuma attacked him none the less to draw Yugi's power out.".

Chun-Li was confused at inquired, "What are you saying?". Ryu answered softly, "I'm saying that Yugi has a power… that surpasses the Raging Demon.".

Nearby, two agents heard everything. Juni and Juli had put an electronic bug on the dojo's property, thus they heard every single word. The two girls were quite surprised to hear about Yugi's past, his natural talent for spotting the goodness in people, and the possibility that he had a power greater then the Raging Demon of Akuma.

"Heh, he must have gotten rusty or something. Him, seeing good in us?! Ha, what a joke!", Juni laughed out.

However, Juli did not share this joke. In fact, she was thinking about it very hard. 'Could this boy… really see the good in us, and trust us?', she thought.

Over the years, they had been subject to all kinds of genetic testing from Shadowlaw. All of them had been painful. After that, Bison and his forces trained them rigorously. Along the way, they thought that any good they had in them… was washed away by Bison's Psycho energy.

With their assignments, they also lost faith in men that just used them for their body. None, in Juli's eyes, seemed to see past her physical beauty. Thus, she was soon reduced to being an assassin with no feelings. But now… it seemed that Yugi awakened those dormant emotions.

It was the same to Juni too. The joke she had just made and the laughing part, it was all just a cover up to hide her true emotions. 'This kid… could he be right about us?', she thought.

Just then, an electronic beep went off in Juli's wristwatch, and she checked it out. "Let's go. The General is calling for us back at the base.", she told her sister.

With the grace and speed of jungle cats, the two ran away from the dojo. However, they glanced back at the dojo and with their enhanced sight, caught a glance of Yugi in his training gi.

"Take care, brave warrior.", they each said at the same time. Then, they were out of sight.

~At Bison's secret base~

Akuma and Bison were in the War Room, arguing on what had just occurred. "I thought we agreed to monitor Yugi and wait for the right moment to test him.", Bison stated coldly.

Akuma glared and retorted, "Your fool agents should not have gotten in my way, Bison! I would released and exposed Yugi's hidden potential and power!".

Bison chuckled evilly and stated sarcastically, "If that was true, then Ryu would be a slave to the Dark Hadou art and be killing you right now.".

Akuma knew that Bison was treading on dangerous eyes, and his blood red eyes glowed brightly. "Do not test me, Bison.", he declared coldly.

Bison reassumed his postured and replied in the same tone, "Same here, demon.".

Before any thing else could happen, Juni and Juli came in. "General, we have arrived.", Juli stated while saluting.

Bison turned quickly to glare at the girl, but said nothing. "Report, assassin.", he stated boldly.

While Juni and Juli reported what they heard from the group, Akuma left to meditate. In the other room, the former Three Lords of Thailand (Sagat, Balrog, and Vega) leaned against the cool metal door and listened to the talking.

"If this Yugi kid does have a power that surpasses the power Akuma has, then he will be of great asset to us!", Vega said.

Sagat retorted, "Perhaps. But, I sense that he is a man of honor and integrity. He will not join us willingly.".

Balrog exclaimed, "So what?! As long as we have him and his power, no one could ever defeat us!".

As the three argued, someone was listening in. It was a young male, about 5'5 and very well built. He was a scientist, but he was much more. He was a spy from the U.S Special Forces, and was getting valuable info.

"I better report back to base soon. The Colonial and his partner might want to hear about this.", he said to himself.

He took his leave, saying that his shift was over. He clocked out, then departed the building to his car. The place was underground, so there was a garage outside the place. After driving up and putting in the password, a secret entrance/exit opened up and the man saw sweet sky and clouds. 'It has been too long since I have last seen anything outside of that place.', he thought as he drove off.

~In a small Japanese town about 450 miles away from Bison's base~

The streets were alive with nightly activity, the day being a special holiday. A festival was up, people wearing traditional Japanese kimonos and lighting special lanterns with Japanese symbols written in bold black ink on them. The same young man was there, now wearing an Army shirt and jeans. He went past the people, and headed towards a run-down looking hut. He knocked on the door, and a slide door opened up.

A pair of stern, black eyes peered out and a voice demanded, "Password.".

The young spy replied, "Shadowlaw down".

The door slid shut, and the door opened up. The man went in, and saw that the inside greatly different from the appearance outside. The room was large and well furnished, decent enough for a common man. Two middle-aged men sat on a red couch, well muscled and deadly serious. One was in his late thirties, while the other seemed slightly younger.

Around his late twenties. The older one wore an Army tank top, camouflage colored jeans, brown combat boots, and also a dog chain with a tag. The tag read W. Guile- Army Colonial. Yes, it was William F. Guile! The same one that fought against Bison's soldiers and taking on the overlord himself. Next to him was his partner and best friend, Charlie.

The Street Fighter got up from the couch and went to the young man. "Okay, solider. Report. Tell us on what you got.", he ordered.

The spy nodded and started to tell him everything he had heard and seen. Two hours later, he finished his report. "That is how it is, sir. Akuma and Bison have teamed up, and are now monitoring this Yugi person.", he finished saying.

Needless to say, Guile was surprised that Bison and Akuma had joined forces… and were concentrating on a mere teenager? Charlie put in, "This kid must be very important, if Bison and Akuma are monitoring him instead of Ryu.".

Guile nodded and said, "I agree. If this kid does have the potential and power to surpass Akuma's power, then its no wonder Bison is having him under surveillance.".

To the war-wrought solider, anything or anyone exceeding Bison's power was immediately pursued by the madman. The only two options if the person or object was in Bison's grasp were these; alliance or destruction.

One of the soldiers inquired, "What should we do, sir?".

Guile looked at his comrades and ordered, "We will have to keep an eye on this Yugi kid too.". He looked at a young woman, who was an expert on getting info from nearly everyone.

He told her, "Do what you can and find out everything about Yugi Moto! His past, his former life, anything you can!".

She nodded and obeyed the colonial's orders. He turned to some men and women, who were under his command, and ordered, "We will keep an eye on this Yugi kid. Watch him, follow his every move. But, do not make yourselves known to him unless it is very necessary to do so!".

They saluted him and said simultaneously, "Yes sir!". With that, they marched off.

When they were gone, Guile and Charlie decided to get some fresh air. They left the building and blended into the crowd. They walked past them, soon coming to a bridge that was constructed over a river. The moon was out, the blue light reflecting in the water.

Charlie looked at his partner and asked, "Shall we give this news to headquarters?".

Guile shook his head lightly and answered, "Not yet. We will, but not now.".

Charlie nodded his head, understanding. Guile looked at the moon and sighed. "Charlie, it has been too long. Bison should have been dead right now!", he exclaimed angrily.

In the past, Bison and his army destroyed his friends and troops when they first emerged into the world. When Bison captured and mutated his best friend Carlos Blanka, it was the last straw. He vowed vengeance on Bison, for all those that died or driven insane by his hands.

Charlie patted his back and replied, "I know, I know. But, it can't be helped.".

Guile knew that, then looked down at the river. "I'm going to give my son-in-law a call. Maybe he can help us with keeping track of Yugi.", he stated.

Charlie was surprised at this. "Sir, are you really going to get your sister, your nephew, his students, himself into this?", he asked.

Guile chuckled bitterly and stated, "Even if I tried to stop them, they would go anyway to help Ryu out.". He then took out his cell phone and called his son-in-law, Ken Masters.

~Three weeks later~

The days have come and gone, school finals now over and the holidays setting in. Sakura and Yugi had passed, Yugi being the one who received the highest grade. He felt proud, because he had earned the grade by working hard and honestly. Just like he felt a little proud of being able to survive the harsh training set forth by Ryu and Chun-Li.

Now, Yugi was equal to Sakura. Both had gotten closer, but also someone had gotten closer to Yugi as well. Karin kept on calling, and she and Yugi would talk nearly endlessly about stuff. Then, the time had come. Early morning on December 30, 2003, Ryu called Sakura and Yugi down from their rooms.

Once they came, Ryu gave Yugi a proposition. "Yugi, I believe now that I can teach you no more. You have learned all that Chun-Li and I have showed you.", he told him. Yugi was mildly surprised on what Ryu was now saying.

"Sensei, I do not understand.", he told the martial arts master. For him, he still felt that he had so much to learn.

Ryu smiled warmly and said, "Yugi, I believe that it is time for you to see the world.".

He then explained that for Yugi to reach his full potential and power, he would have to journey everywhere. He would have to go all around the globe, around every country, city, village, and town to look for those that would suit his needs.

Plus, to look for those that wish to challenge him. That way, he could broaden his mind, expand his horizons, and also learn new fighting styles and techniques.

"I too went around the world, meeting new faces and people. I did not journey only to test my skills and strength against other warriors, but to also learn new things, places, and people.", he told the young warrior.

Yugi's eyes widened slightly at this piece of news. He always thought that to be a master, one would have to stay in one place. But now, he realized that in order to achieve full potential… he would have to expand his knowledge in any way he can.

Ryu finished, "That is what you need to do. You need to travel and search every inch of the Earth as much as you can; to learn about people, new lands, customs, techniques, and many other things. To strengthen not only your physical strength and knowledge, but also the soul, spirit, and heart.".

Yugi took this all in, and understood. He nodded his head knowingly and stated, "I will. I will do what you ask. I will travel the globe, and do what I can to learn about the world around me.".

The next day, Yugi prepared himself for the journey. Ryu and Chun-Li gave him some spare cash, in case he needed it. Sakura gave him a memento of their time together, her own personal headband with her name inscribed on it. Yugi thanked her by giving her a warm hug, which she gladly returned. The night soon came, and then he bid everyone farewell.

"Thank you, for everything.", he told the three. True gratefulness and gratitude showed brightly in Yugi's violet eyes.

Ryu smiled and replied, "It was our pleasure, Yugi Moto. Take care of yourself.".

Chun-Li added, "But, remember! The Street Fighter tournament starts in five years, on March 8, 2008!".

Sakura finished, "I hope to see you there! I want to see on how strong you become!".

Yugi smiled at Sakura's perkiness, and nodded his head. "Don't worry, you will.", he said with a chuckle.

With final hugs from everyone, Yugi set off on his own, carrying only Ryu's old white duffel bag. Ryu looked at the young warrior, and then saw fireworks above his head. It signified that it was midnight, and the new year had come!

"It is sort of right to see this. An old year passes on…", Chun-Li whispered to Ryu while hugging him.

Ryu's smiled widened slightly as he finished, "And a new year comes in, bringing hope and dreams for a better future.".

Ryu's legacy as the Street Fighting legend had come to pass, and he gladly welcomed a new face to take his place. We all know who that is, do we?

(Author's Notes: Ah, that was good! Ryu's time as the legend has passed, and a new legend is about to be born!

Yugi: (Blushes) I'm a bit embarrassed about all this praise.

Darien: Hey, you got the heart, soul, and spirit to take Ryu's place! You got the stuff, kid. All of us have seen it!

DJ: Enjoy, everyone! Also, here is a question: Think Yugi has what it takes to become a Street Fighter legend? Also, if he was to go on his journey, what would you give him in? Something similar to Sakura's gift?

R&R, no flames, and enjoy!)