Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi: Street Fighter?! ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi- Street Fighter?!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Hello, everyone! DJ here, and I have an announcement to make. FF.net removed this from their site again, so from now on its going to be posted here.

Yugi: Sad, isn't it?

Darien: You got that right. But, nothing we can do about it for now.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 9

A lone figure stood at the top of a hill, overseeing Domino City. It was a young man of 23, his face and features covered in a tattered, black cloak. It billowed ominously around him.

'Its been five years… since I left this place for good.', he thought.

The warm afternoon day was March 8, 2008. The lone figure had just returned from traveling all over the entire globe. He had learned from some locals that a Street Fighter tournament was being held in Domino City, thus he went there to participate.

'I wonder how the others are doing. Its been some time since I last talked with them.', he said to himself. Seeing that time was of the essence, he slowly descended the hill and walked towards the city.

~Inside the city~

A young man of 23 was leaving the downtown section of Domino City, carrying some groceries in a white Sirus car. He drove off from the section, amazed that many people had come to either participate in the Street Fighter tournament that was being held downtown, or to merely be spectators.

"Its beyond me on why people get a kick out of watching others fight.", he muttered to himself. As he was driving, he noticed that today was a special day. It was the day that Yugi Moto, a very close friend of his, died.

"Its ironic, that she was born on this day that he died.", he said to himself. Soon, he arrived to his home. It was a large red apartment building, newly constructed and home to a few tenants. He parked his car in the lot, locked it, and took out the groceries.

"Oomph! Certainly a lot of stuff here for the party.", he slightly grumbled as he carried all of the bags towards the apartment. When he came up the steps, he reached for the doorknob, but it turned by itself and the door opened up.

"Hey, honey. Glad you made it back in time.", a female voice said. The young man looked at the woman from around the white plastic bags, and smiled warmly. The woman was Tea, and the young man was Yami! They were married!

You see, Yami and Tea had been going out a few weeks after Yugi's death. Also, they fought new enemies and gained new monsters to battle a creature called the Leviathan. Mana, very well known as Dark Magician Girl, gave Yami one of the three swords and Toimas. From there, a new adventure began… without Yugi.

After everything was said and done, Solomon had hired Yami to take care of the store, now that Yugi was gone. Thus, he had his very first job. Ever since, Yami and Tea had grown closer and soon fell in love. Three years ago, they were wed and soon had a child, a lovely daughter.

Tea was insistent that her firstborn be named after her most loved and respected friend, Yugi. So, the daughter's name was Yugina. Yugina Moto is now two years old, and Yami was having the birthday party at the home. Tea took half, and the two went inside and up to the third floor. Yami looked at Tea, a very warm smile on his face.

"I'm a very lucky man to have someone like her.", he told himself. He carried no regrets about being with Tea, then soon marrying her. None, save this; he was sorry that Yugi was no longer around share the joy and happiness.

'Yugi would have loved to have been a godfather to Yugina.', he thought. They soon arrived at their door, and Tea opened it up.

"Sweetie! Daddy's home!", she called out as she and her husband entered the room. A squeal of delight echoed from a room down the hall, and a small girl slowly came forth. She was wearing a small, pink dress. She had violet eyes, tri-colored hair, and fair skin. Yugina was like a miniature version of her father, but she was full of energy and curiosity.

'Reminds me a lot of Yugi.', he chuckled as the small girl toddled up to her father.

"Daddy!", she cried out happily. Yami scooped up her little princess, laughing and kissing her on the cheek.

"How is my little girl?", he asked her.

It was about 3:45 p.m. when the home and the preparations for the party were complete. The guests would be arriving soon, and then everyone would be there to celebrate Yugina's 2nd birthday. Yami had finished cleaning the living room, and plopped back down on the couch. He turned on the television, and checked out the news.

"And in earlier news today, it has been nearly chaos in Downtown Domino. People from all around the world have joined here to see the first ever Street Fighter tournament, thus the cause of the Chaos. It is still surprising that Seto Kaiba, multi-billionaire and president of Kaiba Co. is sponsoring this tournament.", the news reporter commented.

Yami groaned and turned off the TV. Tea sat down beside him and asked, "What is wrong, Yami?".

He answered, "Its this fighting tournament they are holding. I really don't see what the big fuss is about.".

A familiar voice answered, "Its great because a lot of powerful and skilled martial artists and fighters come together to compete!".

Yami looked up to see a very familiar face. It was 23-year-old man, who had short blonde hair, brown eyes, and a very boyish nature around him. "Hey, Joey. Good to see you, man.", Yami stated.

Joey had some time ago taught Yami his lingo. "What? No greeting for me?", a high, sarcastic voice called out.

From the door emerged a beautiful blonde woman, same age as Joey. Violet eyes, wearing a purple business suit with a skirt underneath, she looked very hot.

"Nice to see you too, Mai Wheeler.", Yami replied in the same sarcastic tone. The blonde smirked, and Yami saw a little boy in her arms asleep. He looked to be around a year old or so.

"I see you brought little David with you.", he said.

~At the Domino Dome~

A 28-year-old fighter, wearing a white karate gi and red headband, was waiting patiently in the training room inside the dome, where other fighters were gathering now.

The fighters were listed as this; Zangief, R. Mika, Hugo (with Poison), Yun, Yang, Makato, Necro, Blanka, Alex, Sean, Cammy White, Guile, Charlie, Remy, Dudley, Juni, Juli, T. Hawk, Edmond Honda, Dhalsim, Urien, Adon, Birdie, Cody, Guy, Dan, Dee Jay, Elena, Fei Long, Ibuki, Rolento, Rose, and Sodom.

The warrior was among those participated to fight, as where some others who had yet to come. He was looking for someone among the crowd, and he was not alone. Two women were also looking as well.

The warrior's name was Ryu Hoshi, and the two mentioned women were by his side. On his left was a 23-year-old woman by the name of Sakura Kasugano. She was wearing a white t-shirt with blue jean shorts, her school uniform long forgotten. She was taller then usual, about 5'9". She had a muscular frame, but was also slender and lean. She had turned into a full-fledged woman. She could drive any boy or man wild now!

On Ryu's right was another beauty, her name being Chun-Li Hoshi. That is right, Chun-Li and Ryu are husband and wife! The wedding took place about three years ago, and Chun-Li gave birth to a son two years ago. They named him Ryudo, who was at home being cared for by a good friend of theirs.

"Any of you see Yugi, yet?", Sakura asked anxiously. It had been too long since they had last seen or heard from him. They had lost contact with him three years ago, which was strange.

'He used to call us about twice a week from a Vid-Phone or send us a letter telling us everything. I hope he's okay.', she thought.

Ryu shook his head and replied, "No. I don't see him anywhere.". Chun-Li saw the anxious look on Sakura's face, and smiled. She knew that face, for she wore it whenever Ryu went out traveling.

"Its okay, Sakura. I'm sure he'll be here soon.", she told the fighter soothingly.

"Hey, guys!", a voice called out.

The three turned their heads to see three people running their way. It was Ken Masters, still wearing a red karate gi like he did in previous tournaments. Next to him was a young blonde woman, the same age as Sakura. It was Karin, and she was wearing a red shirt and black jean shorts.

She looked the same as Sakura, which meant that they could drive any man wild if they wanted to! The other was a blonde haired boy, dressed up in the same gi as Ken. It was Mel Masters, sixteen years old and ready to fight.

"Hey, Ken. Long time, no see.", Ryu said as he and his old friend shook hands.

"Same here, Ryu.", Ken replied. Karin was now looking over the crowd with Sakura, which made Chun-Li chuckle slightly.

"She nervous about seeing Yugi too?", she asked the 2nd greatest Shokotan fighter.

Ken nodded and said, "Yeah. I am too. I mean, Karin and I lost contact with him three years ago. I don't know what's happened to him.".

Ryu assured them all, "I'm sure he's fine. He can take care of himself.". Sakura and Karin didn't argue against that, but they still were worried about him.

Mel stated, "I hope he shows up. I really want to fight him!". Ryu had to smile at that, for Mel showed the enthusiasm and energy of his now-roaming student. Then, they noticed that most of the fighters were now looking at them.

"Did you say Yugi? As in, Yugi Moto?", Honda asked Ryu. Ryu nodded slowly, puzzled on why he asked that question. Then, the fighters (minus Sodom and Birdie) started to gather around the five fighters.

Twenty minutes later, Ryu was amazed that Yugi had come to be friends with them! All of them had befriended, challenged, and taught Yugi Moto. Zangief, R. Mika, and Hugo had taught the little one their wrestling techniques and attacks.

Zangief commented, "We teach him for three weeks, and we were amazed on how quickly he absorbed the lessons.".

That was when he left. Ryu learned that Yugi was taught in all of the skills of martial arts, fighting techniques, and also self-taught lessons. He learned from every single Street Fighter!

"I saw him befriend the old hermit Oro in the Amazon jungle. The old timer seemed to see the potential in Yugi, so he trained him as well.", Blanka said.

Now this got Ryu's attention. 'Oro didn't want to train any other besides me, because he saw the enormous potential within me.', he thought. He remembered that Oro constantly asked him to become his student, but Ryu kindly turned down the offers. Oro was powerful, perhaps equal to Akuma.

"Last I saw of Yugi, he buried the hermit near the cave he dwelled in. I think time caught up with him.", Blanka finished.

Everyone stated that Yugi showed his best at everything, in both fighting and at helping others. Elena said, "Before I met him, I saw a child about to be eaten by a massive lion. Before the beast could pounce, Yugi came in and saved the little girl! He fought the lion, but did not kill it. He seemed to be against it, and fought until the lion gave up and ran off.".

Before any other talk could be made, a guy dressed in a black business suit came forth. "Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?", he requested.

Every fighter turned and gave the man their attention. "The tournament is about to start in three more hours. Please do what is necessary to prepare yourselves. That is all.", the man spoke.

As soon as he came, he left. With this, everyone scattered and did some exercises or sparring sessions so they could get themselves ready for battle. Before Ryu could leave to train too, Rose went to him and made telepathic conversation.

{Ryu, there is something you should know.}, Rose said.

She continued while Ryu listened carefully, {I have kept track of Yugi for all this time, and I know he is here. Also, what the others said are true. Yugi does possess great power and potential! In fact, it grows with each passing day.}.

Ryu asked, {Is he strong enough to take on Akuma? Or Bison?}.

Rose replied, {Yes. In some respects, he even surpasses them. He may even equal or surpass Gill, himself.}.

Now, Ryu was interested on how strong is student had become. While they were talking mentally, Sakura and Karin decided to talk to Juni and Juli too.

They went up to the assassin dolls and Sakura said, "Excuse me."

The two dolls turned around, and faced the two ladies. "Yes?", Juni replied.

Sakura stalled some, then said, "I want… to thank you two. For saving Yugi five years ago.".

Juli smiled slightly and replied, "Its okay. It was our pleasure.".

Karin asked, "Have you two seen him anyway?".

Sakura then added, "Also, are you two still with Shadowlaw?".

Juni and Juli each smiled sadly and Juli replied, "No. We have not seen the cute warrior.". The two girls froze slightly when she mentioned that Yugi was cute.

Juni replied, "And no, we are not with Shadowlaw anymore.".

Sakura was surprised greatly at this info. "Explain.", she demanded.

Juli explained, "Well, we were with Shadowlaw at the time. We were ordered to monitor and study Yugi Moto. Bison was at the time, cooperating with Akuma. Both men took an interest in him.".

Sakura was mostly shocked that Akuma and Bison would join forces, all because of Yugi.

Juni took up, "We did so for two years, and that's when we met up with Yugi again in Germany. You see, he saved us from some thugs. We could have taken care of them easily, but we were sick and tired.".

Juli took it from there, "He saved us, nursed us back to health, and started to take care of us. No one had ever done that for us. We felt… a warmth that we thought was lost.".

Karin and Sakura were now seeing that Yugi had an effect on them beyond what they could comprehend. "After we were 100% better, we trained him in our fighting techniques. We were amazed on how quickly he absorbed our knowledge, and also on how gentle and caring he was. It was unusual, for a fighter of his strength to be.", Juli said.

Juni added, "After we were done, he told us that he knew what we were. We were afraid he would regret helping us, but he did not. He said that he trusted us, and was glad that he could help us. Our past did not matter to him.".

Juli finished sadly, "After he left, we started to think on what we were doing, and also consider if being in Shadowlaw was worth it or not. So… we broke ties with Bison and cut off from Shadowlaw. We went into hiding since then.".

Sakura and Karin felt sorry for them, because now they were like Cammy; Fugitives on the run, going from place to place constantly to escape two madmen.

Sakura said, "I'm sorry.".

Juni smiled and replied, "Hey, its okay. We actually like being free from Bison and Akuma. We don't have to live in fear anymore.".

Juli added, "You got that right. We like to thank Yugi for this gift he gave us, if he shows up.".

Karin smirked and stated, "Don't worry. I'm sure he'll be here soon!". With that said and done, the girls shook hands and went separate ways to continue training for the tournament.

Ken was talking to Guile and Charlie, Cammy also with them.

"Any luck on tracking the kid, Guile?", Ken asked.

Guile shook his head and replied, "No. Our contacts lost track of him three years ago as well. We still can't locate him.".

Charlie stated, "This kid is more elusive then Ryu.".

Cammy said, "Yeah. But, you got to admit one thing. Yugi is no ordinary fighter, or man for that matter.".

She had trained and fought Yugi herself two years ago, and was amazed on how he adapted and changed fighting styles quickly. His main style and attacks were Shokotan, like Ryu and Ken, but he changed on the fly faster then anyone she had ever seen.

Ken nodded and said, "Same here. I fought the kid once, and he was tougher then he looked.".

Guile whispered, "There is something else too. Our spy reports that unusual activity is being held in Shadowlaw, and that Akuma and Bison are behind this one together.".

Ken's eyes widened in surprise. 'Akuma and Bison working together?! Oh, this is major news that Ryu needs to hear!', he thought.

He looked at Guile and Charlie and said, "Thanks for all info, and the help.".

Guile shook his hand and replied, "Thank you for assisting us in the first place, Masters.".

After the shake, the four fighters went to go train some more. Cammy asked Guile, "Sir, shouldn't we have told Ken that Gill is there with them?".

Guile shook his head and replied, "No, Cammy. For right now, I'm not sure that it's true. But, let's hope it is not.".

~Back at Yami's house~

It was about 6:25 p.m. when Yugina's birthday party was drawing to a close. Everyone was there; Joey and Mai Wheeler, Tristen and Serenity Taylor, Duke with his girlfriend Crystal, and Mokuba with his girlfriend Rebecca Hawkins.

Joey and Mai brought their son David, and Tristen and Serenity brought their one-year-old daughter Pamela. Both were now playing with Yugina and her new toys she just opened up. Laughter and warmth filled the room. While the ladies were busy with the kids, Joey and Tristen talked with Yami in another room.

"What is it, boys?", Yami asked them plainly.

Joey requested, "Yami, mind if we see the Street Fighter tournament in your room?".

Yami was surprised to see that Joey and Tristen were Street Fighter fans. "I tried to get tickets, but they were all sold out.", Joey explained.

Yami really didn't want to, but reasoned that since the party was near over, it wouldn't hurt for the two to see. "Okay, you can go see it. Just make sure to turn the volume down. I don't want the kids or the girls to hear it.", he told them.

Joey and Tristen thanked Yami, then went off to his bedroom to see the tournament. Yami really didn't understand on why they were interested in that fighting sport in the first place, but shrugged it off.

Joey and Tristen turned on the TV, and changed it to channel 29. It showed that the tournament was going to start in about five minutes. "Who do you think will win, this year?", Joey asked Tristen.

He shrugged and answered, "I bet it's going to be Ryu again. He always seems to win.".

The fighters were now lined up in a row on the dirt stage, the fans cheering their heads off in the open-domed stadium. "Ladies and gentleman, the fourth Street Fighter tournament will start in two minutes! Get ready to rock!", the announcer said.

A minute later, he stated, "Wait a minute! There has been a last minute entry into the fight! The fighter is… oh, here he comes now!".

The view shifted to see a man cloaked in head to toe with a black cloak. His face was covered completely, save his eyes. Joey and Tristen were wondering on who it was, as was everyone else including the Street Fighters.

"I wonder who that guy is?", Tristen wondered.

Joey commented, "Beats me. Whoever he is, he must have guts to enter the tournament this late.".

In a flash, the man threw away his cloak and made himself noticed before the thousands in the stands and the millions at home. Joey and Tristen's eyes went from normal size, to triple size in less then a minute!

"WHAT?!", they both exclaimed at the same time.

Joey called out, "YAMI, TEA, EVERYONE!! GET IN HERE QUICK!!!".

Yami and the others quickly went to the couple's bedroom, puzzled on why Joey called out to them like that. 'Its as if he was seeing a ghost or something.', Yami thought.

When they entered the bedroom, they gathered together around Joey and Tristen.

"Honey, what's wrong?", Mai asked. Joey and Tristen were pale, their mouths open in unabashed shock and their eyes still wide as saucer plates.

"Joey? What is it?", his sister asked.

Joey pointed to the TV and stuttered, "L-Look! L-Look who it is!".

The people turned to look at the screen, and their attitudes quickly changed.

"I-Impossible!! I-It can't be!!", Duke stated. Tea's eyes and heart were blinking/beating rapidly, her mind saying that it couldn't be remotely possible. Mai, Serenity, and Rebecca were feeling the same thing. Yami's face was that of pure shock and surprise.

"By Ra himself…", he whispered in shock.

It was the same with Seto Kaiba and his wife Ishizu, who was watching the events from his V.I.P Box in the stadium.

"WHAT?! HOW CAN… THIS BE?!", he thundered.

Even Ishizu was completely stunned to see a sight she had thought never to see again. Down in the stadium, the Street Fighters seemed to be mildly surprised on who stood before them.

"By the gods themselves! He has changed!", Ryu said to himself.

Sakura, Karin, Juni, and Juli seemed to go red in the face, their chests heaving up and down as if they had trouble breathing. They were sweating big time, as if someone cranked up the heat.

'That's him?! My god, he's handsome!', they all thought.

The kids toddled in, wanting to see on what was wrong with their parents.

"Daddy?", Yugina asked her father.

It seemed he didn't even notice anyone else around him. She looked at the screen, and then exclaimed, "Uncle Yugi!".

The announcer stated, "Ladies and gentleman, here is… YUGI MOTO!!!".

(Author's Notes: So, how is this? I wanted to follow Yugi through the years, but that would take way too long. So, I fast-forward. What do you all think Yugi is like now?

Yugi: So, I have returned. What next?

Darien: Well, you will compete and reunite with friends. Some old enemies and friends will come in, but that's nothing compared with the threat this is about to unleash itself!

DJ: Question for all you Yugi fans; What do you think Yugi is like now? Visualize, and see what you think he has become. What would you say or do if you were Tea or Yami?

R&R, no flames, and enjoy!)