Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Dream of Me? ❯ Confidence ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-gi-oh. I'm sorry; I'm feeling too lazy to think up something funny right now. Deal.

You shouldn't be paying attention to the disclaimer when I'm nice enough to give you a second chapter so soon. A going-away present! Be sure to say thanks in your reviews!

A glomp is an enthusiastic hug. I found out by reading fan fiction, so I thought I should define the term.

I keep meaning to write longer chapters, but the manga episode ends and I can't think of anything else. I'm too succinct! Sorry, mina!

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

-Every morning as I wait for the bus, I think, `I hope something fun happens today!'… I know, there's not really much point in talking to you now, but I don't want to just ignore you…:hug: And it's better than talking to myself… What do you think?-

Sleepy. :hug: Warm. Happy.

-:smile: You know, you toss and turn a lot. Is it just because you can? You don't seem restless…that feeling I had when I solved the puzzle…you were chained down? You poor thing…Well, I'll make sure you're safe, just like you look after me.-

:glomp!: Very happy! Thank you, thank you! Gratitude.

-We seem to be communicating okay, maybe we'll be able to talk soon? You're sort of half-awake a lot now…oops!-

Yugi got on the bus quickly, just before the doors closed. -I'd better stop talking, I don't want to miss my stop! Sorry…-

Happiness. :Cuddle:

`He's so sweet…'Yugi blushed, and then jerked himself back to reality. "Ah!" `It's Hanasaki from my class…' "Good Morning Hanasaki!"

`Wha…why'd he look away? You know, he's an outcast just like I used to be, maybe he's just shy now that I'm hanging out with Jou and Honda. I should try to be nice to him…'

"Emergency Stop!"

`Woops!'

Concern. Query?

`Don't worry, the fall didn't hurt me.'

Sleep. So nice…

`Huh? Why is the back of the bus empty? Ah, that noise…Sozoji. No wonder no one wants to sit near him. Got…to…get…away…'

"Stop right there, Yugi!!"

`EEP! Wait, I don't have anything to worry about anymore! :hug:'

"What is it, Sozoji?"

"Just who I wanted to see! It's time for another one of my famous "All Night Solo Live Shows!" and I want you to sell tickets for me!"

`Eep, those shows are horrible, thank goodness I don't have to go again now…' "I'm sorry Sozoji, but I won't have time. I'm sure you can sell the tickets on your own, though!"

"Why you little…"

"You're going to attack me in front of a bus full of people?"

"I'll get you later, you little punk!" Sozoji hissed.

"I really wouldn't recommend that, Sozoji, I really wouldn't." Yugi said as he headed up front. -I'm so brave…and it's all because of you…-

Happy.

`That little punk, acting so brave now he's got friends…I'll show him freshman aren't enough to keep him safe from ME!'

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Morning Yugi!"

"Ah…good morning Jou!"

"I've asked around, and well, you were right. There isn't a star at this school. But there will be soon! I'm going to be the star of this school!"

"Oh…"

"What, no enthusiasm? Is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong…" `I just have a bad feeling about Sozoji…'

"Is it Him?'

"Wha…No! To tell you the truth, a bully just tried to intimidate me on the bus. I stood up to him, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about it…"

"Someone tried to pick on you? Who!?"

"It's nothing, Jou." `I don't want you getting in any fights…' "But I feel a bit better talking about it. It's nothing. I don't need to worry about bullies anymore, I'm silly to still be afraid!"

"Why?"

"'Cause I have you and…drat, I still haven't come up with a name…"

"Well, while you're thinking, Honda and I have to execute Plan P. T. See you at recess?"

"Yeah!"

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Ready for execution of Plan Panty Tank?"

"Ready!"

"Jou, Honda, you die!!!!"

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Hi Hanasaki!"

"Oh,…Hi Yugi! S-sorry to bug you, but…C-could you buy this ticket from me…?"

`Oh, so that's why he ignored me this morning! He'd just gotten nabbed by Sozoji' "Look, Sozoji's already angry at me because I refused to sell tickets for him. How `bout you just give me the tickets and tell him I stiffed you? You don't have to go to his show either."

"Thanks, Yugi! You'd do that for me?

"It's nothing, really. Sozoji won't lay a finger on me, so don't worry Hanasaki."

"Thank you!" `What a nice thing to do…'

"Hanasaki!!!! I saw that. You think you can take the easy way out…?"

Hanasaki turned around…

"Hey you creep! Leave him alone!"

"Yeah!"

"The more the merrier, heh heh heh…"

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Yugi! Phone!" Grandpa called.

"Yugi…hello…" A smirk was almost audible.

"Sozoji! Look, I'm not going to sell tickets for you!"

"That's ok, Yugi. I just wanted to invite you to my show. It's something you really don't want to miss. Come on, say hi to your friends, they're all here…"

"groan…"

"Sozoji you jerk!" -Yami!-

"I'll be there, Sozoji."

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Sozoji, where are they!"

"Right in here, Yugi…They're all in the karaoke room: we're waiting for you…"

"Jou! Honda! Hanasaki! Are you all right!?"

"Yeah, we're fine Yugi, just get out of here!" Honda said quickly from the floor.

"No, it's ok man." Joey whispered.

"Wha…"

"It's ok. That's not Yugi."

"Wha…"

"So, Yugi, why don't you come in and listed to my show? Your friends are enjoying it, my beautiful voice, aren't they?" He sang a few notes into his microphone, and sound blasted out of the stricken figure's headphones, prompting grunts from Jou and Honda and a moan from the delirious Hanasaki.

"How dare you treat my Master's friends this way!" The room darkened, the walls crawling with tendrils of faint red light amid the blackness.

Sozoji, spooked, lunged toward Yugi. "You little…" Only to be flung back.

"So, you challenge me to combat? Fool." A few quick movements, and Sozoji was on the ground.

"Wha…I can't move! What the hell did you do?!"

"You think I'd put a weapon in the hands of my enemy? Fool again." A sharp smile. His head turned dismissively. "Well, Jou-sama, Honda-sama, Hanasaki-san? What should be his penalty for harming you?"

"What the…?"

"Later, Honda. Look, um…"

"Yami, now."

"Yami, right. I'm ok, but these two got beat up pretty bad. Can you do that thing you did to wake me up after that jerk managed to get in a lucky shot?"

"Of course. I should have thought of it before." White lightening danced.

"You guys…"

"Hanasaki! Are you ok man?"

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault. If you hadn't tried to defend me…"

"My Master also blames himself." The figure knelt by Hanasaki's side. "For enraging Sozoji. But neither of you are to blame. It was the evil in this one's heart that caused the harm, not the actions of those who meant no harm. Be at peace."

"Who are you…"

"Yugi-sama's protector. You should rest now: I healed the injuries, but did not have the energies to replace yours. I'll send you home." Blackness curled around Hanasaki, and he was gone.

"Alright, explanation time. Who the hell are you?" Honda said through gritted teeth. "Yugi's protector? What's going on."

"Hey man, it's ok. He's fine. Yugi trusts him, and I do too, at least as far as I can throw him."

"Which is not at all." Yami smiled, or at least his teeth were showing, but good humor glittered in his ruby eyes.

"Yeah, right. Can you blame me? God knows what you can do."

"I hope someone does. I just go on instinct. I don't remember what I can or cannot do until the thought strikes me." A more open smile now.

"Ok, now you're really scaring me." Smiling back.

"The villain?" Conspiratorial smirk.

"Oh, right. Hey Honda, what's something poetic we can do to this guy?" Smirk at Sozoji as fist thudded into open palm. Sozoji turned paler still.

"Um, will you two please tell me what the heck is going on? I got beat up and not I'm fine, just tired, there's shadows swirling all around, Hanasaki disappeared, Yugi has glowing red eyes…What the heck is going on!?"

"Um, this is…"

"Yami."

"Right, Yami. He's sort of the spirit of the puzzle. He's Yugi's guardian now. He's can do all kinds of cool stuff. He's going to curse this jerk…" A boot thudded into Sozoji's side. "for messing with us since we're Yugi's friends. What do you think we should do to him?"

"Sound…he tortured you with something that should have been beautiful. Should he hear noise until he realizes his mistake?"

"It's just temporarily?"

"It is not right to harm one who has reformed. It would make it difficult for them to redeem themselves, undo the harm caused by their crimes."

"Um…I guess that makes sense. What about you, Honda?"

"Whatever, just don't hurt him…well, not too bad anyways."

"Agreed. Hear this, Sozoji! As penalty for your crimes, you will hear the singing that caused others pain, as they heard it, drowning out all other sounds." Golden light flew from his outstretched hand.

"Ah! Ahhhhhh!" Sozoji screamed. "M-make it stop? The noise! The noise!"

"Oh man…" Honda said quietly.

"Look pal, can you honestly say he didn't deserve it?" Jou asked, with his hand on Honda's shoulder.

"Well, I guess. Let's get out of here."

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Look, um, Yami…"

"He's asleep, Honda. Are you guys alright?" Yugi asked, concern in his amethyst eyes.

"Don't worry, we're fine Yugi." Jou said. "Can you say thanks to Yami for us? He woke you up before I could…"

"You'd better tell him yourself, Jou." Yugi sighed and touched the puzzle. "He's a lot more alert than he was before, but we still can't talk…I hope he gets strong enough so we can both be awake soon. We could write notes back and forth, but he won't wake up except when I'm in trouble."

"He said something about not wanting to live your life for you, the first time I met him."

"What's he like? When he's awake I mean. I can tell he has a good sense of humor, and cares about me a lot…"

"Yeah, he's got my kind of sense of humor: nasty stuff happening to people who deserve it. And he calls you Master, like I said, and he was really nice to Hanasaki…I don't know man, it's not like we've met socially. He seems like a good guy who really cares about you and the rest of us, but he's kind of reserved, and formal…kind of old-family-retainer-like."

"Oh,…" Yugi kicked a can lying in the street. "I just wish we could talk!"

"I'm sure you'll be able to soon, Yugi."

"Guys…"

"What's up Honda?"

"I guess I kinda get what's going on, but it's just really weird…if you guys are fooling, I'm going to kill you."

"How could we fake that?"

"Red contacts…I don't know. You're right. Does everyone but me know?"

"Yeah, I didn't know either until I saw him saving my ass. Does Anzu know?"

"No. I mean, you'd ask for proof, right? And he won't come out unless I'm in trouble, so it's a little akward…I thought you guys might think I was crazy."

"Is he in your head right now?" Jou asked. "You said about him sleeping, and sensing him…"

"Yeah, Jou, I can sense him all the time. Right now…" Yugi closed his eyes. "He's sort of satisfied, and just happy. He's happy most of the time. I sort of ask why and he's warm, and there's light…it was really horrible for him when he was trapped in the puzzle."

"How do you know that? I mean, if you can't talk to him?" Honda asked, curious.

"I sort of started sensing him when I completed the puzzle, so I felt him get freed…He was chained down, and there were spikes and it was so cold and dark…he was just so glad, like he couldn't believe he was free, like he didn't even have any hope of freedom before…" Yugi shuddered.

"He said that he was so grateful, he was going to serve you forever." Jou said softly.

"Oh…"

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Thanks for all the reviews! Eight, that's more than for the first chapter.

Sansi: Thanks for the compliments!

Soy Sauce: Shonen-ai, not yaoi! Not yet, anyways;)

Amber Eyes: I just did!

Silly yoko: Whoa! I'm drowning in compliments! And I'm not gonna stop!

Silvershadowfire: I'm actually looking at the manga as I write this, I have a subscription to Shonen Jump.

Sylvia Viridian: I'm glad you liked Kaiba chappie two in Devotion, but it took a while for me to figure out what you were talking about. It'll take me a while to get to Kaiba here, and there are two ways I could handle it, depending on how close I want to stay to the manga.

Lee: Well, here you go, the next installment. Say thanks!

Pharaohs Angel: Yami loves Yugi! He's the center of his world. Even in the real thing, he's totally devoted. Hence the title of my other big story.