Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Dream of Me? ❯ Vision ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hello! Here I am in Spain, and updating! Be grateful!

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-gi-oh. If I did, I wouldn't be struggling with a weird Spanish keyboard, I'd have an expensive laptop.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Yugi tossed and turned in bed. No matter what he did, he couldn't get to sleep.

The spirit sent a wisp of enquiry. Yugi mentally mimed sleeping and sent his irritation.

The spirit sent a question.

-What? You can make me go to sleep? Do it?- Yugi suddenly felt a falling sensation as his eyes closed.

He arrived in a corridor, a very odd one. One side was black marble and the other was brightly coloured blocks. He felt Yami, slightly more awake, not within him as usual, but down the corridor. He went in that direction.

He came to two doors. The one on the right had the same symbol as his puzzle. It was closed, but as he touched the handle to open it, temporarily forgetting about finding Yami, fear and revulsion filled him through his link with Yami.

-What? Why?- Yugi asked, puzzled.

Danger! Horrible place. Come in here, wonderful place.

-Where?-

He received a mental map. There was the corridor, leading to :Master's body:, the door with the symbol marked : Puzzle, nasty, dangerous place! Don't go in!: and another corridor on the other side marked :Master's mind, soft bright things! Nice place!:

He turned around and saw though an open door a colourful room filled with toys. In the center was a bed like the one in his room, and sprawled out atop it was a figure wearing Yugi's school uniform.

-Yami!- He ran to the bed and looked at him as the figure turned over to face him and joyful welcome filled his mind. 'He's taller than me, and he looks older, and he has the bangs pushed up out of his eyes. It looks cool!'

-Now how am I going to get to sleep? I'm too excited, Yami!`

In pictures : Master's body no one in= sleep:

-Wow, you're a lot more alert than you usually are!-

:Not in body= more energy =more awake:

-But not awake enough to talk, huh?- Yugi sighed.

Joyful anticipation!

-Soon!?!! Great!! :hug: Wait, since you're here I can hug you for real!- Yugi jumped on the figure on the bed and hugged him. Yami snuggled into his arms.

Nice…

-But I'm still not asleep…Wait, if you wake up I go to sleep, so maybe if I sleep now you can look around here. There are a lot of toys you could have fun with…- Yugi lay down in the bed and pulled the kicked-off covers on to him and Yami. -Good night, Yami!-

He felt a weight on his chest and opened his eyes. ´Kawaii!` Yami's head lay there, using him as a pillow. He felt him snuggle closer, and shifted so Yami could wrap his arms around him.

Soft…

He soon fell asleep, and when he was completely still, Yami's head lifted up. He opened his eyes…and froze.

VAVAVAVAVAV

Yugi's alarm clock rang, but his body remained still for a long time. Suddenly it sprang up, and rubbed red eyes, which quickly closed as he fell back on the bed. A few minutes later purple eyes opened slowly.

´Wha…Why am I so tired?`

Desperate apology!

-Why would I be angry? Did you have fun playing with the toys? You must have, otherwise you wouldn't have stayed up all night?-

Relief.

-You're a lot less alert than you were last night…are you using your energy to help me stay awake? Thanks!-

Happy!

Yugi ran to get ready.

VAVAVAVAVAV

The day passed quickly, but not quickly enough for Jou. "Hey, Yugi: wanna get something to eat on the way home?"

Yugi suggested the new burger place, and Anzu froze, than hurried across the room. She said people had gotten sick eating at Burger World, and reminded them that they had to hurry home because of the escaped convict.

Anzu walked off, relieved. Jou's eyes followed her. "Hey Yugi, hasn't Anzu been acting weird lately? Always disappearing after school? I say we follow her!"

"But what about…" Yugi's voice trailed off as Jou looked at the puzzle. "Oh. Right."

"Let's go!"

"No way!"

"Think of it this way: you'll be there to protect Anzu if the convict shows up!" Jou smiled.

VAVAVAVAVAV

"Awright! Anyone makes a noise and this girl dies!" The convict said as he grabbed the waitress who had welcomed him to Burger World.

The waitress was Anzu!

Jou and Yugi had followed her there, where she had been working as a waitress to earn money to study dance in New York. Jobs were against school rules, so she had kept it secret from her friends.

The convict blindfolded her.

"Hey Yugi," Jou whispered to Yugi, "I told you we needed to follow Anzu."

"Anyone can be lucky once." Jou turned and looked into red eyes, but there was only a slight smile on them, soon gone.

"So I guess she gets to meet you now. What are you waiting for: make with the mojo!"

"I can't use my powers: I don't have the energy." Yami frowned.

"Wha…Why?" Jou stared.

"I woke up night last night while Master slept at his suggestion. Unfortunately, I stayed up all night, and used up too much of mine and Master's energies. I don't think I'm going to have enough power even to wake Master up again for a few hours. Gomen nasai." The spirit hung his head, ashamed.

"Wha…what were you doing?"

"Looking at Master. I'd never gotten to see him before."

"That´s all you did, all night?" Jou looked at him with a funny expression on his face.

"And thinking." Yami said defensively.

Jou sighed and looked over at the convict and Anzu. "Well, I guess it can't be helped. But what are we going to do? Anzu's in big trouble!"

Smirk. "Watch and learn."

While they had been talking, the convict had had a helpless kid bring him vodka and Lucky Strike cigarettes, because of his unbeatable luck.

Yami stood up and walked over to the convict's table.

"Hey, you! Who said you could move!" The convict swung his gun in Yami's direction. No one could see because they had all take cover behind booth walls and behind knocked-over tables.

Yami smiled, and sat down. "Since you're so lucky, I thought you might want to play a game."

The convict frowned. "What's in it for me?"

Yami smiled again. "You win, you have my help getting out of town. There are so many cops around, even your luck couldn't handle them all."

"Yeah, you look like a guy with connections. What's in it for you?" The convict had returned his gun to pointing at Anzu, but he was still suspicious.

"I get you, and all these excess cops, out of my hair."

'Who is this guy?' Anzu wondered. 'He scares me.'

"Why play a game at all?"

Smirk. "Because I'm bored."

The convict grinned. "Alright! What's the game?" The convict grinned. What's the game? He began to pour himself a drink with his free hand.

"Simple. Using only one finger of one hand, we have to try to do each other the most damage. Well? Which finger?"

"Well, obviously my trigger finger."

"And I'll pick my thumb." Yami said playing with a lighter. "Do you want me to light your cigarette?"

"I think I'll shoot that thumb off. After you're done though."

Yami smiled, and lit the cigarette. And then dropped the lighter on the convict's gun hand. "Game over. You'd better not move."

'He's right! The vodka spilled out over the glass while I was distracted! If I move my gun hand, or the gun goes off, the lighter will drop and I'll go up in flames.!' "Shit!"

The cigarette fell out of his opened mouth and the convict went up in flames as Yami pulled Anzu away.

"Come on, we'd better get out of here." He muttered to Jou.

VAVAVAVAVAV

"So, then that guy left and the next thing I know some cops are interviewing me. I need to appear at court even! I've never been so scared in my life! It all turned out ok though, except for…The problem is, the cops're going to tell the school I've got a job if I don't quit right now, so I'm going to have to find some other way to save up for New York…Anyway, I'm so glad you made it out of the restaurant! " She paused as she told Jou and Yugi what had gone on later that night.

"Yugi, why aren't you looking at me? And you haven't said anything…" She trailed off. "Yugi, you look…odd."

"Um, Anzu…" Jou said, scratching his head as he looked for words. "That's not Yugi."

"What do you mean, J…" Anzu paused as the figure turned. Bright red eyes were almost level with her own. Why hadn't she noticed the height difference?

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mazaki-sama." Those disconcerting eyes were hidden as the not-Yugi bowed deeply. She stood in shock until he straightned up and looked at her questioningly.

"You aren't Yugi. So who are you?" She said evenly, trying to cover her fright. That voice! This was the man who had saved her and condemned the convict! He had to be taken to he Emergency Room. She had overheard the paramedics. They didn't think he was going to make it. Who was this man and what had he done with Yugi?

"Well, Anzu, this is Yami. He's sort of Yugi's Guardian Spirit or something. He got freed when Yugi solved that puzzle of his. He's saved me 'n' Honda's asses, and Hanasaki too, so I think he's a good guy, even if the eyes are kinda freaky…" Jou trailed off, watching Anzu closely. She was still kind of shook up, and he was worried she might have a breakdown or something. Hey, she was a girl.

"The puzzle…" Anzu closed her eyes trying to remember what Yugi's Grandfather had said about the puzzle. ´Doesn't it grant ´The Power and Knowledge of Darkness?` Darkness. And a lot of people died because they found the puzzle…` Her eyes flew open. "Where's Yugi?" She said trying to hide her worry.

"As I told Jou when he met me, he is here." The spirit said, touching his heart. "This is his body, it merely altered itself to fit me with the aid of the puzzle."

"Can…can I talk to him?" She had to know if he was all right! Although, how could she know it was him? What could this spirit do? What was he doing to Yugi?

The spirit bowed his head, an ashamed expression on his face. Jou sighed. "That's kinda the problem. Yami here," Jou waved in the spirit's direction. "Stayed up all last night and doesn't have any power left to switch back. That's why he did that act, he didn't have magic to use to get you out of that jam. Speaking of which, " He turned to Yami. " When can you switch back?"

"By this evening, if I go to sleep and allow Master's energies to recover without being used by me to maintain thought and control over Master's body. I should return to Master's home and do so soon. I'm sure Master will call you when he wakes. Goodbye, Jounouchi-sama, Mazaki-sama." He bowed, then turned and walked off.

"Wait up! We'll go with you! Right, Anzu?"

"Right!" 'I'm not letting him out of my sight!'

Yami paused, turned around, and cocked his head, puzzled. "Why?"

"Why? 'Cause that's what friends do! Right, Anzu?"

Silence.

Yami was the first to speak. "You do not trust me, Mazaki-sama."

"…Right." She said through gritted teeth.

"Neither do Jounouchi-sama and Honda-sama, truly." He bowed his head. "I cannot truly blame you. The tales here of demons…you do not know me well, and it is true that I am powerful, and could be a great danger to your friend. However," And he straightened, looking from Jou to Anzu and back. "I am not angered. Rather I respect you for your concern for Yugi-dono. I honor you and regard you as allies. I hope someday to have your trust, but as long as Master is happy, I am content. And your friendship makes Master very happy." He bowed again. "Thank you."

He straightened. "As for your offer of escort, it is appreciated. As you know, my energies are low. I am able to get back to Master's home, but if there was an attack I would be in difficulty. I thank you for your aid."

Anzu and Jou looked at each other, and began to walk with Yami.

'He´s helped us, but I don't know if I can trust him…' Was the thought in both their minds.

VAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV AVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAVAV

Pharaoh's Angel: Thanks for reviewing so much, but could you make them longer? Pretty please? :Puppy dog eyes:

Silvershadowfire: It is a small change: I'm going to explain why later. It's a this could have happened, and rather easily. And as for Shadi…I have a theory re him and am going to reveal it in both this and Devotion, so be ready! It's not going to be for a while though, sorry.

Strega: He's not going to be happy about this one. Severe burning is a little permanent. And Yami is fanatically devoted to Yugi in the anime too. Which is why I hate the Doom arc. Go against Yugi's wishes to win, when Yugi isn't in any danger? No way!!!!

Sylvia Viridian: Basically, the anime starts about the end of Vol. 7 in the manga and leaves everything earlier out except a sort of blurring together of Kaiba and Yugi's two duels in the first episode. There is another anime, not in the US because it is not for kids, that covers the first few volumes and the shadow games, which I would kill for. I can´t find more than the first four episodes anywhere! Help?

Tears-in-the-dark: I´m more lazy than you think. I have to force myself to do it. But it´s pretty easy to think up, just painful to type. I want to do chapters twice this long, but am too lazy. And thanks for the compliment!

Angel Reaper: Hope you like how it turned out! I like Anzu, so I'm not going to kill her, but this is YxY, after all, and I don´t want her feeling guilty about getting in the way. And Kenshin is the model! Strong-but-obsequious. And the shadow games rock.

Sansi: Hope you're happy too! Fluff!

SoulDreamer: Here's an update! See what happens when you review? (Subtle hint, hint) And thanks for the compliments!

Amber Eyes: Semi-conversations, but the first time they really talk will be Death-T. I'm trying to shadow the manga, and that is the first time they both are awake, so I'm assuming that's when Yami got strong enough to do it. And thanks for the favs listing!