Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Do You Dream of Me? ❯ Chapter 54

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-gi-oh.
 
Well, it's been a long and interesting journey.
 
I'd like to thank all my reviewers of course. I'm trying to be good about using review responses, but I got out of the habit of responding a long time ago… I've tried to show my appreciation with gift-fics and chapters, if you've read this far you've seen several of them.
 
I have a confession to make-I actually wrote this chapter weeks in advance of when it will be posted. I know, I'm evil. But then, I've been pretty consistent, barring the hiatus, about updating weekly, so that's good.
 
This project is a combination of novelization, which you should be able to guess by the quotes, and a re-write for maximum fluff.
 
I've already completed my goal of completing the pre-Duelist Kingdom manga, and revealed the secret of my AU, so this chapter has only one purpose for existing: to thank my readers by giving you some good Y/Y fluff after all that plot.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - -
 
So we know what we need to do. Yugi looked up at the ceiling from where he lay sprawled on his bed, using Yami's stomach as a pillow. But not what will happen when we do it.
 
This Zorc… it was influencing Bakura's spirit without, I think, that spirit being aware of it. And that was only a piece of a greater whole. Fighting it would be a difficult battle. It is stronger than the Items. Yugi would be in danger. Yami idly stroked Yugi's hair.
 
And we're weaker than them… Blaming you for something your Father did, it makes me so mad… well, if we do it, then they won't hurt you anymore. Do you want us to try to fight him?
 
They held Yami hostage. I don't want you in danger. If the battle comes, let me…
 
You're not fighting alone. I love you. We do this, and everything else, together. Yugi reached up and took Yami's hand.
 
I won't oppose you. But I am afraid. I know you would do anything to keep me from being taken back to be tormented again, but you could die. You have almost had your soul lost so often, these last few Shadow Games. I brought this down upon you. I'm sorry. Yami sighed and continued to play with Yugi's hair. You're going to say it's not my fault.
 
You weren't the one who challenged. But you're right, Imori was after me because of the Puzzle. It's the Puzzle though, Yami, not you. If I could have you without the Puzzle… Would he get that if they won? Or would Yami only gain his freedom in death?
 
If that was the only way the Items would release him… they would meet again in the afterlife, right? Yugi knew that spirits existed, that something went on after death. Yami was proof.
 
If that was the only way for Yami to be free, then even if it meant losing Yami for a while, Yugi would take it.
 
He never wanted Yami hurt again.
 
I… Yami hesitated. He wanted to say, I hate the Puzzle! But he still feared the Items too much. Could they… drag him back temporarily? He didn't want to leave Yugi alone. But to be safe, free of the Puzzle… He'd wanted to die for so, so long. I want to stay with you.
 
I know. You love me, I love you. Yugi smiled and squeezed Yami's hand. It's perfect. Only, there's all this other stuff. I wish it was just us. I mean, our friends are great. It was their foes that weren't. I hope Ryou's spirit doesn't try anything again. Ryou said he said he would not harm Ryou again. I don't know what that means for the rest of us.
 
We can defeat him. Unless the Items aided him. He might be an ally against this Zorc. I would feel outraged if I were controlled into harming you.
 
Does he feel the same way about Ryou that you do about me?
 
How can he not?
 
He didn't act like it. Yugi shuddered at the memory of that hand impaling itself on the spire.
 
True… so much I don't know. Even my own memories.
 
You know me and my memories. Our friends. Seth, he's your friend.
 
Yes. I am happy to have met him. Though not happy he was tormented as well.
 
I wonder how many other spirits there are? There are still two out of seven Items to go.
 
Yami squeezed Yugi's hand. Please, let us not think of this.
 
You're right. We should have fun. Come on, there's a Duel Monsters Tournament on TV. Yugi sat up.
 
Yami sat up as well, but didn't get off of the bed. Instead he crawled over to Yugi and hugged him. Yugi smiled at him and slowly lay them both down again, this time arms wrapped around each other. Or we can stay here.
 
I always want to stay with you. Yami nuzzled Yugi's hair. Yugi was so small, fitting against him perfectly. Warm and soft, bright… Perfect. He couldn't help but love him, no matter how hard he'd tried to keep his feelings only at the level of proper worship.
 
He protected Yugi and Yugi protected him. Shadow and light. Balance and harmony. Perfection.
 
I know. I should maybe say you need to get a life. If Yami had a life of his own… I feel so selfish, hogging you all to myself.
 
You don't hog me. You share your friends with me. Nor would I mind being hogged. Yami squeezed him.
 
You're too self-sacrificing. You're still all about me even though you don't call me Master anymore. Yugi smiled and kissed Yami's shoulder. I do like it, I do like you, but I love you and want you to be happy.
 
You make me happy.
 
I'm not the only thing that makes you happy, though. You like games… what else do you like? I wish you remembered your past. I want to know all about you.
 
But I don't even know myself. Yami sighed. I wish I could tell you. I want to tell you everything, all my memories. I'm sure there are funny stories about dueling Seth, other things. I must have had friends, even if I was Pharaoh.
 
I'm sure you were a good Pharaoh. Yugi squeezed him again.
 
I hope I was. It must have been a huge responsibility. Could he have been a good Pharaoh, with the Items as the legacy he carried on? Was he worthy of Yugi? No one was worthy of Yugi, he knew that. But he wanted to be. I'm just a lost soul. We only have the Items' word for all of it.
 
But it feels right to you, I know it does. Squeeze. Kiss. Don't worry. Try not to worry? For me? Yugi didn't know how long they had together. He didn't want to waste any of it.
 
For you. Anything for you.
 
I know. Yugi leaned his face up to kiss Yami's cheek.
 
Yami hummed with pleasure. I love you.
 
I know. Yugi smiled and kissed him again.
 
Yami's hands reached to cup Yugi's face and pull him up enough for a kiss on the lips. So soft.
 
I know. He would need to grow harder, grow stronger to win Yami his freedom. He didn't think the Items would let them stay together. Not with the hate in their voice when they had talked about Yami's father, not with the torment they had already put him through.
 
Yugi came to a decision.
 
Yami? Could you lock the door and put up a soundproofing spell so no one can hear what goes on in here for the next few hours?
 
Certainly. Yugi felt Yami's powers accomplish the task, using his own to study the motions so he could cast it himself in future. It was a pleasure to feel the shadows. He was an avid student of everything Yami taught him.
 
Wasn't Yami going to ask why? Or was it just more obedience?
 
Yugi didn't know what he was thinking. He was too young for this. He probably wasn't mature enough, didn't he look like a kid? Yami's body was so warm, so firm against his. He'd thought about it, yes, careful to shield everything from Yami.
 
Thought about it and wanted it.
 
Sex.
 
But now, they just lay there.
 
Yami loved him, Yugi knew that. Loved him more than anything.
 
Or did he?
 
Once upon a time had there been someone Yami loved more than him? He must have been married if he was a Pharaoh. Must have had tons of wives and concubines since he was younger than Yugi. Had he loved any of them? Held them like this? Promised to protect them? Died to protect them?
 
Yugi felt terribly jealous. Well, was the Egyptian ceremony till death do you part? But then, arranged marriages…
 
What was this but an arranged union? The Items and solving the Puzzle had brought them together. He'd freed Yami, he didn't own him.
 
He loved him, though.
 
Or did he just love the idea of someone this powerful respecting him, worshipping him, loving him? Did he want to use Yami like this? Yami under him, Yami begging him for more, Yami above him, Yami so gentle… would Yami even know how to do it? Yugi didn't. Did Yami even…
 
Was it just a love of souls? They touched and held, was it just Yami wanting warmth and comfort?
 
No, he shouldn't doubt Yami.
 
Surely Yami wouldn't string him along.
 
Unless he thought that was what Yugi wanted. Yami gave him whatever he wanted, remember? Yami was wonderful like that.
 
This was why Yugi had been so afraid to tell Yami he loved him from the start. He'd been afraid Yami would say he loved him back just to humor him. Just out of obligation, just out of affection and the desire to not hurt him. Just because they were just friends.
 
Just friends. Before, he would have said there was no `just' about it. Now it sounded like a curse.
 
Yami's hands reached up, trailing along his body to touch and explore his face. Yugi closed his eyes, not wanting to meet Yami's eyes right now. Warm, firm hands, sure touch. He inched his hips back a little, not wanting to give away his arousal.
 
Yami leaned forward as Yugi moved back, kissing him gently.
 
Then hard. You're thinking of something. You're feeling sad. I hate it when you do that. I want you to be happy.
 
I know you do. You're wonderful. Perfect. Too perfect for me.
 
You deserve me. Eight years, eight years you worked to free me. You are the ultimate game master, eclipsing even me.
 
Flatterer. Yugi kissed him back, though. Opening his lips and touching him with his tongue. Yes, Yami was there, and solid in his own body. They had both gotten so much stronger. Yami was healed now, Yami didn't hurt anymore. Thanks to Yugi.
 
Yugi loved being able to help him, but somehow wished Yami had less reason to be thankful.
 
He should broach the topic, at least. Yami, what does… do you like… sex? He blushed. He was still such a kid.
 
I know it feels good. Why? Do you want to lie with me? Yugi heard eagerness in Yami's mind voice. Not a hesitant, psyching himself up to it, feeling, but abandonment.
 
Well, Egyptians were more open about sex… do you even remember how? Have you ever done it? I mean, two guys… Yugi blushed harder.
 
Yes, I know how. We have magic to aid, so we wouldn't have to worry about harming each other. Would you want to take me? Yami pushed up against him. I've wanted a long time for you to ask. I didn't want to ask myself, since your memories told me it is thought of as perverted in these days. Foolishness.
 
You really do want it? Want me?
 
Of course. How could I not? To teach you pleasure, to explore all of your body as I have your soul… I long for it. The kiss continued.
 
You would… Yugi's mind imagined Yami's kisses, all over. Would Yami… He was blushing so hard he must look like a tomato.
 
It would be so good.
 
Yami broke the kiss on his lips and started to kiss down his neck, unbuttoning his jacket. Yugi opened his eye to peek. Yami looked satisfied and happy, so Yugi just lay there, let Yami touch him. Yami seemed to know what he was doing.
 
Touch me, Yugi? Please? Kisses.
 
It seemed only fair. Trying to restrain his blushing, Yugi started to unbutton Yami's clothes, which were mirrors of his own. The jacket, the shirt, the leather armor to keep them safe… it was a shame they needed such defenses.
 
Yugi's heart was pounding so hard he thought it might break. Was he really going to…
 
He wanted to, so so much.
 
Their chests touched, muscled flesh against soft white skin and Yugi made a happy sound deep in his throat, a little moan. Yami smiled, thinking it was cute. Like Yugi was cute.
 
Cute and perfect.
 
He hadn't had dreams in the Puzzle, but now he dreamed every night of Yugi, as Yugi dreamed of him.
 
He would make those dreams reality. Forever.
 
-
 
And thus, officially, ends Do You Dream Of Me? after a very long time.
 
However, I have promised a few reviewers additional gift chapters. Reviews mean a lot to me and I like to celebrate milestones by giving the reviewers what they want: more DYDOM or a gift fic. Everyone, thank the people who have been reviewing or give yourself a pat on the back, because thanks to them there is more that I hope you will enjoy. So I'll still be seeing you the next few Fridays. Until then,
 
Laryna6