Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ Closure ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I am still angry at my life...go ahead and flame me all you want now...I feel so gloomy...(damn family, THEY MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL!!!) ...I can't wait another 5 years just to move out...

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! And I don't own Angel by Sarah McLachlan! I only own the plot and whatever pathetic characters I made up...

Seto: What's wrong...? You're usually...you...

Mokuba: Maybe her insanity has finally gotten to her...

UltimaWitch: Not now...don't start...

Seto: Fine, what if I cheer you up by lending you my Blue-eyes White Dragon?

UltimaWitch: ...no...I'm still trying to get 999999 star chips for my own...

Mokuba: ...she must have a fever, usually she's trying to steal your whole deck, but now she doesn't even want to borrow your cards...

Yami Yugi: I like her more like this...at least she isn't all psycho...

Mokuba: are you Yugi? or his yami?

Yami: How tall am I?

Seto: shuttup...don't pick on him...

UltimaWitch: here's the story...(tries to suicide by casting thundaga on myself...Seto and Mokuba trying to stop me, Yami Yugi grinning at his amusement...)

Closure

A/N: at a scene, the lines will be going all script form...just a heads up...and it isn't over yet!!! There's gonna be more...of course...this one's reeeally long...and I couldn't find a way to shorten it or divide it into two separate chapters...try and live through it...I mean, I'm the one who typed everything, after all...

After hearing the familiar voice, Seto looked over his shoulder. It was his younger brother.

"What are you doing here?" Seto asked.

"Actually, what are you doing here? You weren't at your office when I came, so I had to stay with that scary old lady nanny! Then after I heard about what was happening at Mikey's house, I wanted to come and see," he explained. "So, what about you??!!"

"Asunta asked for my help, so I came here, then that crazy Harling attacked us."

"Oh," he said. "Hey Mikey! Are you ok?"

"Yeah..." he replied to his friend.

Asunta walked back to Mikey and Seto with Maggie following behind. Asunta didn't look so happy.

"What's wrong? What did Maggie say?" Mikey asked, really worried.

She said nothing.

"Maggie? What's gonna happen???" he asked again.

"Asunta has to leave," she said softly.

"What?!! But then I just made new friends!! And, I can't leave now!!!" he said, very saddened.

"No Mikey...I'm leaving, I have to leave Domino City...you're gonna stay here," she said, still staring at the ground.

"WHAT??! NO! I won't let you!!! Remember what you said? You said that you would take care of me no matter what!!! Why are you letting them do this???" Mikey kept begging, he was also crying.

"I'm leaving on Monday..." she said quietly, holding back her tears. "I'll only have two days left. Mikey, don't cry, be strong...ok? I know I made a promise but I have to go...if I stay, you'll get hurt..." she said.

"You mean...this is out of your own free will?" Seto asked.

"That's what I want, and since Mikey isn't a confirmed relative, I can be forced to leave him."

"Right now, they don't have a place to stay at..." Maggie said.

"They can stay at our house! Right, Big Brother? Please!" Mokuba pleaded.

Seto looked down at his younger brother. "Yeah. They can stay at my home."

* * *

On Monday, at school...

Asunta once again walked into her classroom, it was almost like a repeat of what happened the first time she did so. Since all of her stuff were still at the Harlings' residence, she didn't have her uniform. She wore the same exact thing she did on he first day too. She took her seat and said nothing to no one. Every 3 seconds a student would walk up to her and try to say something to comfort her `pain'.

After about 5 minutes of sad excuses for comfort quotes like, "I'm sorry about what happened..." or, "At least you're still alive and well...", Asunta was finally tweaked.

"That's it!" she said aloud in her seat. Then she stood up. "Enough! No more! Stop lying to me!!!" she yelled like a warning. Every student stared at her with a questioned look. "Don't pretend that you feel sorry for me! If you don't really mean what you say, then don't even say it! Just stop acting like you pity me and leave me the hell alone!!!" she yelled. Then she dropped down on her seat again.

The teacher walked in and found it a bit too quiet. He too, told Asunta that it was quite unfortunate about what had happened. She didn't say anything, she only looked down. Just before the teacher started talking, a woman opened the door.

"Excuse me, my name is Danya Kincaid, Detective Kincaid...actually, and I'm here to see Asunta," she said to the teacher.

"She's right there Detective," he said pointing at her.

"I'm sorry, I would have wanted to talk with her at a later time but I wanted to ask her some things before she leaves," she said.

Whispers were going around about the news of `Asunta's departure' and about `a detective wanting to question her'.

Kincaid walked over to Asunta's desk. "This doesn't need to be private...it's just something I'm curious about," she said. "Please continue your lessons."

"What do you want?" she asked coldly.

"It's just a few questions..."

Kincaid: ...umm...all right...I know what Don was after...

Asunta: Well, good for you Detective...

Kincaid: No, tell me, what are the coordinates...if you tell me, then this can end...

Asunta: Be smart, don't involve yourself in this...

Kincaid: No, I want to know...I want you to be safe, also.

Asunta: I won't tell anyone...

Kincaid: Please Asunta...don't turn this into a felony...you've been asked this many times by a police force representative and you've lied every time...this is a punishable offense...

(every student was listening now, even the teacher was interested in the conversation)

Asunta: Then punish me, do anything you like...I'll be asked this question over and over for life...

Kincaid: Please...tell me, your mother died protecting you from this and-

Asunta: You know about her? (eyes are getting blurry and she was now looking at Kincaid)

Kincaid: Yes...I read your files...

Asunta: Don't...don't talk about her...

Kincaid: If you would just tell me then I can make this stop...don't end up like she did...

Asunta: (hers eyes were filling with tears...) Leave...please, leave...I won't tell anyone anything...(then tears began to drip from her pale green eyes) If you don't want to end up like every other person who wanted to know about this, then just let this go...

Kincaid: All right...if you feel uncomfortable talking about this, I'll let it be... (she said this softly)

Now everyone was surprised to see the seemingly heartless girl cry. Even Seto was almost moved by her tears, even when he's seen it twice before and wasn't touched by the thought one bit.

* * *

After school ended...

Asunta walked slowly out of her classroom. She stood out the most since she was wearing such dark clothes. Seto walked up to her and led her to where he usually waits for his limousine. Then, Yugi and all his friends ran and caught up with the two.

"Asunta! Wait!!! Aren't you gonna say goodbye?" Tea shouted as she ran.

"Even if you won't, at least give us a chance to say bye to you!" Yugi said.

"Yeah, can't you be nice just this once? I mean...we're probably not gonna ever see each other again..." said Joey.

Tristan was there too (I seem to have forgotten about him all the other times that Asunta met them) and he wanted to say something, "Well, you never talk to me but I kinda wanna say bye too."

Asunta looked at them all. She was unsure of what to say. Then her ride came. "I...I guess, I should say goodbye too...I'm cold, but not rude..." she finally broke her temporary code of silence. Then she bowed with utmost respect to each of them. "Bye." Seto was already in the limousine, then Asunta stepped in too. All four of them watched as the vehicle sped away.

They arrived at Mokuba's school and picked him and Mikey up. Asunta and Mikey were so silent.

"Where am I gonna stay after Asunta leaves...?" Mikey asked.

"You'll live with Maggie..." Asunta answered with such a soft voice that it was hardly even heard.

Then they arrived at Seto's mansion. They all got out of the car and went inside. Asunta was leaving at night so they had time. Mokuba and Mikey escaped the sad atmosphere by playing. Asunta watched.

"Children will always be children..." she said.

Seto lead her out of the room and into his own. "You want anything...?" he asked. Then he took out some different clothing.

"No I'm fine," she said and she turned away, letting Seto change out of his pathetic-looking uniform. Throughout the whole day, she was always talking so softly. She looked around the room, there were trophies from dueling tournaments everywhere. "It must be so great being the master of Duel Monsters and to have your own company..." she sounded almost sarcastic.

Seto was a bit offended by her remark and shot a glance at her. She didn't notice because she was busy still observing his room. Then she noticed a piano. "You play?" she asked.

"No, it was there when I first started living here, and I don't know who it belongs to," he explained. "This room used to belong to my stepfather."

Asunta walked over to the piano and sat down. She fingered every key as though she recognized each and every one of them. "I like to play from time to time..." she said.

"I'll go check on the two, wait here," Seto instructed.

Asunta stared at the piano, remembering about the times when her mother used to play and teach her some things. She listened to her favorite song in her head, then she started playing it. "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan...she memorized the whole song and the lyrics so she sang to it as well.

A/N: There will probably be some mistakes cause I just copied and pasted it from some site...and you should just skip this part...and if I could like make my own song and lyrics, that would be sooooooo AWESOME...but I suck at piano...

Spend all your time waiting
for that second chance
for a break that would make it okay
there's always one reason
to feel not good enough
and it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
oh beautiful release
memory seeps from my veins
let me be empty
and weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

in the arms of an angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort there

so tired of the straight line
and everywhere you turn
there's vultures and thieves at your back
and the storm keeps on twisting
you keep on building the lie
that you make up for all that you lack
it don't make no difference
escaping one last time
it's easier to believe in this sweet madness oh
this glorious sadness that brings me to my knees

in the arms of an angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort there
you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort here

Seto stood there, listening to the girl's beautiful voice. Asunta knew he was standing there, but she allowed him to listen. He knew she could play, but he didn't know that she could also sing. Then when she stopped he walked in. "I know it's early but, you wanna eat now?" he asked.

"No. Don't you need to go down to your office and do whatever it is that you do?" she asked.

"Took the day off...you mind...?"

"..."

"...no..." it was as though she whispered. "My mother used to play for me...when I was little girl, then as I grew, I learned to teach myself how to play...Kaiba?"

"You can call me Seto, Mikey does..."

"...what about your parents...?"

"...I really don't wanna talk about that...but after my parents died, Mokuba and I were sent to an orphanage, then we were adopted by the previous executive of Kaiba Corp., and you?"

"My mother was killed trying to keep me safe, my father abandoned me after she died, then Maggie sent me to live with the Leidners. Mikey was their younger child. They had a daughter named Lillis, she was older than I was and she was a genius. She ran off after her parents died and let me take care of her brother. Everyone thinks she's dead...but she's running away from what I know..."

Seto was a bit intrigued by how much about this girl was unknown. They sat talking until she had to leave. Maggie was waiting outside for Asunta. They sat up.

"Seto, I wanna tell you, stupid Mikey lied y'know...I don't hate you, I really did like you..." she blushed a little and now she wasn't embarrassed to do what she intended to do before. Asunta gave him a light kiss on the cheek and left. She hugged Mikey and Mokuba, said goodbye to everyone, and then Maggie drove away. Seto watched as Asunta left...

A/N: I'm not so good at these semi-ending type things...if it sux then oh well, I'm not the best author...anyway just review it, good or if it's just to flame my ass...and like I said before...THERE WILL BE MORE CHAPTERS...and I am currently out of imagination so the next one won't be coming as quick as these did...