Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ The Cosmo Queen's Apprentice ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm still in the state of depression...that guy that claims to be my dad thinks he's soooooo smart and high...what a fu-nevermind...on with the story...

Disclaimer: I'm tired of saying this over and over...I DON'T OWN YU-GI-OH!!! I ONLY OWN THE STUPID STORY PLOT AND MY OWN CHARACTERS...

Seto: That idiotic dad of yours giving you a hard time again? Just like mine...

UltimaWitch: He's sooo stupid, thinking he can just tell me that I have to go to sleep at 12!

Mokuba: That's too early!! You always sleep at 3!!!

Seto: What else...?

UltimaWitch: HA! I AM SO USED TO REBELLING AGAINST THEIR STUPID DEMANDS AND EVERY TIME THEY BARK OUT AN ORDER!!! THEY SHOULD'VE KNOW BY NOW THAT I AM THE QUEEN OF REBELLION!!! IF THEY WERE REAL PARENTS...THEY'D KNOW...DILDOS...SPAZZES...THEY UNDERESTIMATE MY INTELLECT!!! ...and if they don't stop, my poltergeist will get them eventually...

Mokuba: Your opening conversations with us should be more fanfic related from now on y'know...

Seto: ...as much as I can relate to you, I'd have to agree...

UltimaWitch: ...ok...ok...now, on with the story!

Mokuba: You said that already.

A/N: During a duel, the lines will go script form...and when I write about a duel, some of it'll be based on the rules according to the game...sometimes not the series, I still don't get the field power bonus features in the series...(one moment, a creature gains only 300, then later like 550...?)

\\thoughts during script lines\\ Attack | Defense \my own thoughts\

The Cosmo Queen's Apprentice

Asunta arrived at the docking station with enough time to spare, but she decided to board the cruiser early. She dressed the same way as ever. This time, she wore the outfit with the long hooded coat. It was two months since Asunta left Domino City. She was now 16. Seto was back to his old cruel self, coveting the fourth Blue-eyes, ripping it after winning a duel, then challenging Yugi Muto to a duel. Everyone heard of his loss. Yugi and his friends were still the same. Mokuba and Mikey were still friends, but Mikey kinda stopped visiting. Asunta wrote letters and e-mailed to everyone from time to time, including Seto. But then his replies just stopped coming eventually.

"May I see your dueling glove and star chips please?" the security guard asked. Asunta showed it to him. "You may now board."

She didn't attend any regional tournaments even though she would've beaten them easily. So she didn't receive any special rooms. She stood on the deck, staring at the stars, there was no moon yet, but its silhouette was easily traced. "I wonder if he'll be there...?" she thought. The light breeze in her hair made her a pretty sight to see.

After it got cold, she went back into the main room where all of the other duelists were. There, she could see some of them sleeping, some trading, and some just talking. She also saw Weevil, a regional champion snooping around up to something, but she didn't care. Eventually she slept so that she would be ready for the competition the next day.

* * *

The next day...

The boat docked and the passengers left one by one. Asunta got off and looked if he was there. Seto was nowhere to be found. She decided to go off somewhere, like many others, instead of listening to Pegasus' boring speech. When she left, Pegasus noticed her and knew instantly who she was. It was he who sent Don to retrieve the `coordinates'. And now, he was going to try and make her talk again.

The tournament finally started. Asunta sat by an open plain-like area. Her first challenger was approaching.

"Hey cutie! You feel like dueling?" his flirting voice made Asunta uncomfortable. "I'm Rex Raptor, the Dino-Duelist!" he said proudly.

"Fine, if it'll shut you up..."

"Great another Mai..." he thought. They went to the nearest arena and were ready to duel. "One star chip!"

Then she and Rex placed their own star chip down. There was an audience watching because it was a top-notch duelist against some other duelist out of nowhere.

A/N: member...? I don't know all of the dueling rules in the series, I made some up but it's pretty legitimate...I had to improvise somehow!!! And if you do know how the field power bonuses and stuff work...please tell me!

Asunta: You can start...

Rex: Fine! I play this card, Two-headed King Rex! In attack mode! 1600 | 1200

Asunta: \\It's points are increased...1900 | 1500\\ I'll lay this card face down and I'll play Nekogal #2. (1900 | 2000)

Rex: Two-headed King Rex, attack!

(The assault fails...and his dinosaur is destroyed after Nekogal #2 counters)

Rex: What?!! My King Rex!!! How-your monster got a field power bonus! (2200 | 2300)

LP: Rex: 1700 Asunta: 2000

Asunta: ...duh...it's the Meadow part of the field...and now I play the Millennium Shield in defense mode and I'll lay this card face down, your move...

Rex: hmm...well I'll play Megazowler, defense mode! And I'll lay down this magic card, face down! (1800 | 2000)

(It received a bonus and it's points increased, 2100 | 2300)

Asunta: Going defense? Say bye-bye anyway! Now I play the Mystical Sand. (2100 | 1700) And she'll receive a field power bonus from the Wasteland area. (2400 | 2000) Attack Megazowler!

(Megazowler turns to stone and disintegrates)

Rex: (frowning and peeved) \\I need my dragon!!!\\ (He draws out his second card) All right!!! Go, Serpent Night Dragon!!! (2350 | 2400) And I'll use this magic card! The Dragon's Treasure will boost its attack points by 500!!! (2850 | 2900) Now attack the Mystical Sand!

Asunta: You're forgetting about my Millennium Shield...(she activates it 0 | 3000) With the superior defense points of 3000, my creatures remain unharmed...

(Serpent Night Dragon's attack is blocked and the result decreases his LP)

LP: Rex: 1550 Asunta: 2000

Asunta: ...for now, I'll just lay down this trap card...and I'll end my turn without attacking...

Rex: (Scowling...then he draws a card) YES!!!!!!! Now I play, THE RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON!!! (He slaps the card down and a big black dragon appears)

(The crowd starts whispering)

Rex: AND THAT'S NOT ALL!!! I'LL GIVE IT A MEGA POWER CHARGE WITH THE DRAGON'S CLAWS...YOU'RE TOAST!!! (3000 | 2600) DESTROY THAT SHIELD!!! (The dragon blasts the shield away) Now, Serpent Night Dragon, destroy the Mystical Sand! (Does so)

LP: Rex: 1550 Asunta: 1550

Asunta: So you have a bigger dragon...(Asunta isn't intimidated and draws her card) And now, I'll play this card, face down in defense mode. (She plays her Cosmo Queen and hopes that Rex doesn't attack her...but when she lays down the Cosmo Queen, she feels different inside) \\...what's happening...?\\ (Asunta...stares at her Cosmo Queen card...then she struggled to fight the power she felt inside...)

Rex: ...are you ok...? Make a move already...will'ya?

Asunta: I'm fine. (then she gives a malevolent smile) Now, I'll switch Nekogal #2 to defense mode...your move, Rex. (Her voice was a bit more stronger than before \Not like Yami's though...the change is hardly noticed, she just has more malice in her tone\)

Rex: All Right then! Serpent Night Dragon, attack Nekogal! (Does so) Now, Red-eyes, destroy her face down card!

(Red-eyes prepares to attack and fires)

Asunta: Now, you've activated my trap card, Mirror Force! ...(she then snickers \That's right you heard me! She snickered!!!\) And now, your attack is sent right back at you! But not your Red-eyes...

(That blast destroys Serpent Night Dragon)

Rex: NNOOOOOO!!!!! My dragon!

LP: Rex: 1400 Asunta: 1550

Asunta: ...hahaha...\Yes! She is laughing! What did Cosmo Queen do??!!\ However, by trying to attack my card, you're revealed it...behold, my mighty Cosmo Queen!!! (2900 | 2450)

(The crowd was awed at the image of the queen, for she was never seen before...)

Rex: (he was worried at first until he saw her attack points) WHAT?!! How do you expect to beat me with a card that has that much attack points?!!

Asunta: Like this...(she drew a card) ...perfect...now I'll bring my queen to attack mode, then I'll use my Despell card that I laid down before...

Rex: Oh, no...! My Red-eyes! (It's attack power dropped back to 2400)

Asunta: ...and now, I'll use my Dark Energy card to increase her points by 500! (3400 | 2850) Cosmo Queen, destroy that dragon!!!

LP: Rex: 400 Asunta: 1550

Rex: ...NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!...THAT WAS MY BEST CARD! AWW...I FORFEIT!

Asunta: ...thank you, your star chip please?

Rex: (he took his deck and walked over to Asunta, then gave her the star chip and went away) \\...she's no different than Mai...\\

Asunta: (she returned to her normal not-malevolent self again and it was as though she never noticed what had happened. Then she took her deck and left.)

Asunta walked around, exploring the island. Apparently, it wasn't as big as she thought it'd be because she reached the shores after walking for only about 30 minutes. Some duelists she found were nice, and some were conceited. She hated the conceited ones. It was about afternoon when she saw someone awfully familiar.

"Yugi?" she thought? Then she walked over to the short, multi-colored haired boy. "Yugi! It's you!" she said, happily.

"Hey! Asunta! I never knew you were invited to this tournament," he said. "Hey guys, it's Asunta!".

"Hi!!! It's so nice to see you again! I missed you so much!" Tea shouted.

"Hey, well if it isn't Miss Downcast? You seem happy, and I never knew you dueled," Joey said as he walked over to her.

"You know, Mikey misses you a lot," Tristan told her.

"Really? How is he anyway?" she asked.

"He's fine," replied Tea.

"How many star chips have you gotten?" Yugi asked. She showed him her glove. "Three? I have three too!".

"I've only dueled one person, Rex Raptor I think..." she said, recalling the duel.

"Rex Raptor? He's a really good duelist. You beat him?" Yugi asked again.

"Yeah...well, I should go now...I am still a competitor, and staying here with you guys might provoke me into dueling you..." she said. And then she left. "Bye.".

A/N: Kind of an odd ending...but iono...review please, even if it's to flame my ass...right now, I'm thinking if I should start making up some of my own cards, or if I should just stick with the real ones. And err-oh yeah, I WANNA SCANNER!!!!!!!!!!!