Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ The Psychic Vs the Wiccan ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, this is it...what will happen? Iono, you tell me...no comment...

Disclaimer: I don't own yugioh, I only own my plot and my characters. And I don't own the small portion of Torn by Natalie Imbruglia! THERE!!!!!

UltimaWitch: HAPPY!?? There, you're reunited with your girlfriend...

Seto: DON'T SAY THAT OUT LOUD!!! (sweatdrop appears as he looks at his angered fans)

Mokuba: Don't torture him, that's mean...I'm his brother, I SHOULD BE THE TORTURER!!!

Yugi: Here, take my puzzle and get your own yami...I'd like to see you do what should've been done from the beginning...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

UltimaWitch: ...(sweatdrop) uh-o...k...this is getting weird...here's the...umm...story...

A/N: Some symbols and crap...

(attack | defense)

\\thoughts\\

\my own thoughts\

[actions]

The PsychicVsthe Wiccan

"I really missed you..." she finally said.

Then he let her go. "Pegasus has my brother you know...I'm only here to get him back."

"...I'm here to seek my answers too..."

"Why were they after you?"

"Same as always..." she replied. "He wants to know, just like the rest of the greedy bastards...he'll die, just like they did," she thought.

Seto had a questioned look on his face. Then he sat down.

"Was it hard? I mean, losing to Yugi and then Mokuba went missing."

"..." He didn't reply. "Go to sleep, I'll stay here until morning."

Asunta nodded and rested herself on the ground. She didn't want to sleep yet. "I'm not in a hurry, I just need two more star chips and I can finally get into the castle," she said. Asunta stared at the sky. The stars that adorned it made it look vibrant. "Pretty."

Seto scooted himself closer to her and asked, "What do the coordinates mean?" He asked out of his own curiosity.

"They're just coordinates...the numbers which locate a certain place on this planet..." Then she told him, "You can leave you know...your brother must be more important than staying here with me."

"I can let it go for now...Mokuba won't be harmed until Pegasus gets what he wants."

Asunta looked at him and smiled. "That's very odd of you. You care about him more than anything..." and she took out her deck and fingered her cards until she found Cosmo Queen. She held it in the air and it shimmered, "...a queen that rules over the stars...she's got everything..." The card glowed in the darkness. (When I say it glows, I mean it has like a holographic background like a star Pokemon card.)

Seto looked at the card. Cosmo Queen wore a long red dress, and her dark hair was held up by her golden headdress that also covered her eyes. (It's a hard image to see...I know, that's why I want a scanner...) "Where'd you get that card? I suppose it's rare because its points are strong."

"I found this card, I don't remember when and where though...that's the strange part..." Then she stuck her Cosmo Queen back into her deck and put it away. "I like star gazing...my mother and used to look at them all the time. Then she told me a story about a goddess of light that loved the Lord of Darkness."

"...how did it go...?"

"I think it went something like this. The goddess was known for her wisdom and her light that gave people hope and happiness. There was another god, also known as the Lord of Darkness. He was the gloomy ruler of darkness. She loved him, and he loved her, but the people knew that light and dark could never mix. Everyone was angered at the Lord and he was given a death sentence. Enraged, the goddess demanded the withdrawal of the sentence. No one wanted to change their thoughts so he was executed. The goddess vowed that she and the Lord would never part, so she killed herself. The people grieved for her death because their worshipped oracle was gone. She told them that her spirit would go on forever, but if she were to remain, her beloved's would too. That's how the skies were created...the Lord's spirit would be the dark background, and her spirit would be the stars." she explained.

"Sounds like some fairy tale for Romeo and Juliet."

"I never really cared for Shakespeare...I out grew the story eventually though. That's why I like Cosmo Queen, she reminds me of my mother..."

The night went on, and they eventually slept.

* * *

In the morning...

Asunta woke up and found that Seto left. She felt satisfied knowing that he was still him and that he hadn't forgotten her. "Find Mokuba and be happy..." Then she stood up and looked for her next challenger.

"HEY!!! YOU MUST'VE CHEATED!!! HOW COULD YOU HAVE KNOWN WHAT YOUR CARDS WERE WITHOUT LOOKING???" she heard a girl shout from a distance.

Asunta went to watch the argument. "You lost! Get over it! Now give me your star chips and shove it!!!" the other duelist yelled back at her.

"That is so not fair!!! You hag, why do you even still duel??? You already have all ten star chips!"

"SHUT UP!!! WHO ARE YOU CALLING A HAG!!! GET OUT OF MY FACE YOU LOSER!!!" the blond girl shouted. Asunta wondered why she still dueled. It was true, the blond girl did have all ten chips, she had nine extra ones in her hand.

"Excuse me, but I over heard the argument, why is it that you want to continue dueling?" Asunta walked up to the girl and asked.

"I owe it to another duelist," she said.

"Oh, I need two more star chips, would you mind if I dueled you?" she asked.

"Sure why not? But I'll only bet one star chip, so if I lose, I won't have to go through the trouble of looking for more star chips. My name is Mai, and you are?" she was being polite for someone who seemed so self centered.

"Asunta. And one star chip will do." Then they walked over to the nearest arena. The field was 40% Mountain, 40% Meadow, and 20% Forest.

Mai: I'll start.

(Mai laid all of her cards face down and chose them as if she knew exactly what each were. Then she chose a card without looking)

Mai: And I play Harpy Lady in attack mode! (1300 | 1400) And she'll also get a field power bonus! (1600 | 1700) [she chose another one without looking] I'll also put this card face down.

Asunta: \\She didn't look at her cards...is Mai psychic?\\ [she looked a bit confused]

Mai: You're probably wondering how I did that. I have ESP...

Asunta: Well I'm wiccan, so that doesn't make you any more special than me.

Mai: \\IS SHE MOCKING ME??!!!\\ [Her face is all scrunched up] Well let's see you do something special then, witch-girl!!!

Asunta: Fine, I'll beat a duelist that claims to be psychic...that should be something anyone rarely sees...

(A crowd now formed around the arena)

Duelist #1: Hey isn't that the psychic blond girl?

Duelist #2: And she's up against the girl with that strange card...

Duelist #3: This should be interesting!

Duelist #2: Who do you think will win?

Mai: I'LL WIN!!! NOW ALL OF YOU BE QUIET AND KEEP WATCHING THIS DUEL!!!

(More and more people came to watch two duelists with a seemingly well know reputation kill each other in a big duel)

Asunta: This is going no where...I'll play Mavelus, (1300 | 900) in attack mode, and I'll lay this card face down also. Mavelus will also get a field power bonus. (1600 | 1200) Attack Harpy Lady!

(Mavelus attacks but Harpy Lady isn't destroyed)

Mai: Sorry hun, but I laid down a magic card, Cyber Shield! [She activates it and Harpy Lady gets stronger (2100 | 2200)] Bye-bye birdie!!!

LP: Mai: 2000 Asunta: 1500

Asunta: ...nice...now I'll play my Dark Elf (2000 | 800), and I'll power her up with the Book of Secret Arts (2300 | 1100). [The magic card came from her hand] Dark Elf, attack her Harpy Lady! [Does so]

Mai: My Harpy!!!

LP: Mai: 1800 Asunta: 1500

Mai: ...ERRR..! Oh yeah? Well, first I'll lay this card face down...without looking, then I'll use the power of Monster Reborn! My Harpy Lady is revived. (1600 | 1700)

Asunta: \\What's she doing...? Her Harpy can't beat my Dark Elf...I should put up a defense just in case her face down card's a trap...\\ I'll play this card face down in defense mode! And I'll place this trap card face down also. I won't attack. Your move, Mai.

Mai: ...ok...hmm... [she is choosing which of her cards to use without looking] This one...the Queen of Autumn Leaves (1800 | 1500). And she gets a field power bonus... (2100 | 1800) and I'll add the Electro-whip to my Harpy Lady to increase her attack power! (2400 | 2500) And I'll top it off with this magic card... [lays down one of her cards face down] I won't attack just yet either...

Asunta: \\Another one...?\\ Now I'll use this! [flips a magic card over] Dark Energy to further Dark Elf's attack power. (2800 | 1600) Dark Elf, attack Queen of Autumn Leaves!

Mai: Uh-uh...not unless I use my Harpy's Feather Duster. [flips over her magic card]

(All of Asunta's magic cards are sent to the graveyard, decreasing Dark Elf's points to 2000 | 800)

Mai: HAHA!!! Now, Harpy Lady, attack Dark Elf!!!

Asunta: [Hesitates on using the power of her Millennium Shield, but doesn't because the defensive power can only be used once to protect an ally card]

LP: Mai: 1800 Asunta: 1100

Mai: Your move hun.

Asunta: ...you have a lot of magic cards...do you? [draws a card] I'll play the Disk Magician in defense mode (1350 | 1000) Then I'll put this magic card face down. Your move.

Mai: Fine, now I'll use the Malevolent Nuzzler to power up my Harpy Lady even more (2800 |2900)! [chooses the magic card without looking] LET'S SEE YOU BEAT THAT NOW!!! HAHAHA!!!!! NOW, I'LL ACTIVATE A MAGIC CARD I PUT DOWN EARLIER...THE ELEGANT EGOTIST, AND NOW, WATCH MY HARPY MULTIPLY!!!

(Mai's Harpy Lady multiplies into 3)

Mai: And now, I'll have my Queen of Autumn Leaves attack your Disk Magician! [Does so]

Asunta: \\Minor setback...no problem...\\

Mai: But it's too bad my Harpies can't attack after multiplying, so it's your move now.

Asunta: [with a pained expression on her face, then she draws a card] \\Finally.\\ [Now Asunta changes by the effect of her Cosmo Queen] Now, set your eyes on the mighty ruler of the skies, COSMO QUEEN!!!

A/N: This chapter turned out a lot longer than I expected...so, TO BE CONTINUED!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And I got this little idea last night. This story kinda has a few songs that can relate to it. So, at the end of most chapters, I'll put a small portion of a song and...oooh...I wonder which ones I can use!!! This is Torn, by Natalie Imbruglia...and it kinda emphasizes the last chapter more though...

I thought I saw a man brought to life
He was warm
He came around like he was dignified
He showed me what it was to cry
Well you couldn't be that man I adored
You don't seem to know
Seem to care what your heart is for
But I don't know him anymore
There's nothing where he used to lie
My conversation has run dry
That's what's going on
Nothing's fine
I'm torn