Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ The Ambition ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, the duel isn't over yet. Asunta needs the remaining star chips needed to gain entrance to the castle...what lies there in wait of her arrival...? This chapter is pretty boring...

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh...I own my plot and my characters...(this disclaimer will continue at the end of this chapter) HA!!! Won't tell you guys what the song is this time until the end!!!

Seto: When will this end???

UltimaWitch: When I say so.

Mokuba: WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEE!!!

UltimaWitch: If you were reading the last chapters a bit more thoroughly, maybe you would know when you come back...

Seto: AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! GET AWAY!!!

Joey: What's he screamin about...?

UltimaWitch: His fangirls...they're tweaked cause I made him a girlfriend...and he likes her...

Joey: (How come he always gets the cute girls, I'm always stuck with Mai...)

UltimaWitch: Yugi thought the same thought, only it was Tea, not Mai...

Seto: (running towards Joey and UltimaWitch) GET HER!!! SHE'S THE AUTHOR!!!!

UltimaWitch: HEY!! NOT THIS WAY!!!

Joey & UltimaWitch: ...(uh-oh...)...sweatdrop...

Mokuba: Since they're getting jumped by my brother's fangirls...I'll say it this time...now, on with the story!

A/N: Symbols and stuff...

\\thoughts during duels\\

[actions during duels]

\my own thoughts\

The Ambition

Asunta: Lay your eyes on the mighty Cosmo Queen! (2900 | 2450)

Mai: \\What card is that?\\ [eyes narrow] Sure, your Cosmo Queen is quite powerful, but she'll never be able to defeat my three Harpies!!!

Asunta: Attack her Queen of Autumn Leaves!!! [does so]

Mai: Ahh! My Queen!! [with a pained look on her face]

LP: Mai: 1000 Asunta: 1100

Asunta: Your move, Little Miss Psychic...if you do have ESP, then you'd know what the outcome of this battle would be...

Mai: [scowls]

Other Duelist: She drew the Cosmo Queen! Mai's beat!!!

Mai: We'll just see who's gonna win...[draws a card and smirks after laying it down without looking] Now, I call on Harpy's Pet Dragon! (2000 | 2500)

Asunta: What good will that oversized lizard do?

Mai: Just watch...it will gain a field power bonus (2300 | 2800) and then for its special ability...for every Harpy Lady in play, the Dragon will gain another 300 power boost. Since I have three Harpies due to my Elegant Egotist, my Harpy's Pet Dragon will have more than enough power to blow away your Queen!!! (3200 | 3700) Now Harpy's Pet Dragon, destroy the Cosmo Queen!!!

(The dragon charges up for the assault and fires but doesn't destroy Cosmo Queen)

Asunta: I believe you're forgetting about my face down card...the Millennium Shield? [she activates it] This card has a special ability too y'know...it can protect any one of my creatures from any harm for one turn...

(The shield is destroyed instead)

Asunta: And now, it's my turn...[draws a card] I've won...

Mai: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON!!??? WHAT, ARE YOU TRYING TO BE PSYCHIC NOW TOO??? [her rambling goes on]

Asunta: Now, I play Despell to remove your Elegant Egotist.

Mai: [shuts up in horror] OH NO!!!

(Two Harpies disappear)

Asunta: And that reduces your Dragon's points back to 2600 | 2800.

Mai: ...unh...[now frowning]

Asunta: Then I'll play this, Yami, to change the whole field into a Dark field. [Flips over her magic card] Which takes away your field bonuses and my Cosmo Queen gains another 300 points!

Harpy Lady: 2500 | 2600

Harpy's Pet Dragon: 2300 | 2800

Cosmo Queen: 3200 | 2850

Asunta: Now my Cosmo Queen has enough power to blow away both your Harpy and Dragon!!! ...hahaha...now, ATTACK!!!

(The whole arena glows furiously as Harpy Lady and Harpy's Pet Dragon both get destroyed)

LP: Mai: 0 Asunta: 1100

The audience watched with astonishment because of the fact that Cosmo Queen's attack was so strong, and because Mai was finally defeated in a duel (apparently, they didn't know about Joey's win or about Panik). Asunta returned to normal again and gathered her cards. She walked over to Mai for her star chip. "Mai?" she spoke.

"Oh...I can't believe I lost!!!" she cried.

"...umm...my star chip please?" she asked.

Mai pulled her away from the crowd and into the nearby woods. Then she yelled while pacing back and forth, "I CAN'T BELIEVE I LOST ANOTHER ONE!!! FIRST TO THAT IDIOT JOEY! THEN TO THAT ASS, PANIK, AND NOW YOU!!!"

Asunta only stared with mixed feelings. She didn't know that such a good duelist like Mai would ever lose to Joey, she was almost freaked out by how scary Mai was acting, and she didn't know why Mai was yelling so loudly. "Umm, so did you want to speak to me about something...?" she finally broke Mai's continuous rambling.

"...AND FURTHERMORE-uh? Oh, sorry, I tend to get carried away when I get mad...so how many star chips is it that I owe you?" she asked, now calmer.

"Just one."

"...really, well here," she said kindly, and slipped two into Asunta hands.

"You only owe me one, Mai..."

"Just take them...I'm feeling a bit nice now and I don't wanna go to the castle just yet..." she replied, and smiled.

"...thank you...are you sure though...?"

"Hey, I can tell you're a tough duelist, I know you'll be able to beat the next person you see no problem. Let's just say that I'm saving you the trouble and time of having to go through a quick yet boring duel with some loser..."

"You know, I thought you were really self absorbed when I first saw you. You get mood swings, don't you?"

"Well, sorta, there are times when I can be real bitchy, and sometimes, I'm just nicer. You seem to have mood swings too."

Asunta only gave a confused look.

"Maybe a duel changes your personality, you're really nice now, but you were a real badass when you started kicking mine..." Mai told her. "Well, anyway, I'll go looking for another sucker and in the castle I go!"

"Wait, one thing, were you really psychic...?"

Mai's face face when blank and a sweatdrop appeared. "Well, actually, I...uhh...it's, err...no...it's just something I do that gets my opponents confused..." she said, stuttering and then she laughed nervously.

"...I thought so..." she said, glaring at Mai suspiciously. "You should go now, I wouldn't want to be wasting your time..."

"Oh, right. See'ya, hun." Then Mai left.

Asunta then made her way to the castle when she saw who the guard at the door was. "It's that horn-headed idiot guy..." she thought. She knew that if she tried to get in, he would capture her and bring her to Pegasus. She didn't want it to happen that way though.

"HEY YOU!!! YOU GONNA MOVE OR WHAT???" a very mean and rather annoying voice came from behind. Then the person pushed her aside.

"HEY!!! What the hell is your damn problem!??" she yelled back. The guy was pretty tall.

"Listen girly, if you don't have all ten star chips, then...hey IT'S YOU!!!" he yelled at her face.

"WHAT? What about me?!!"

"You're that little bitch that took away two of my star chips!!!"

"YEAH? SO??? It was only two!!!"

He scowled at her and tried to slap her. Then she kicked him. "Listen LOSER, either shove it, or GET YOUR ASS AWAY FROM ME!!!" she yelled.

"OWW!!! WHAT THE FU-"

A/N: Guess who the guy was...blond, extremely annoying, idiotic...etc.? Well, I finally remembered that he came AFTER Seto challenged Yugi to a duel, but let's just keep it this way to keep it less confusing...

He grumbled and then walked off, almost limping from where she kicked him. He walked up the steps and entered the castle.

Then she saw the guard leave and someone else stepped out to the entrance. It was Seto. She then walked up the steps, realizing that she wasn't wrong. She caught his attention.

"...Asunta..." he said.

"...what are you doing here? You're supposed to be rescuing Mokuba!"

"This is something I have to do before I can save him..."

Then Yugi and his friends come and see Seto and Asunta standing at the entrance to the castle. They all then walk up. "Kaiba? What are you doing here?" Yugi asked, a bit shocked.

"You're not going inside unless you beat me in a duel..."

"What do you mean? Yugi has all ten star chips...he has the right to get in!!!" Joey complained.

"That's right! Yugi doesn't have to duel you!!!" Tea added.

Then Seto spoke, ignoring their remarks, "Yugi, I've beaten everyone I've met in a duel except you. All of those other times I've dueled, I relied on only power to win...give me a second chance to duel you again, the right way."

Yugi hesitated.

"Don't do it, man. You've already beaten him! Let's just get into the castle and whoop Pegasus' ass and save your grandpa!" Tristan said to Yugi.

"I accept..."

Everyone gasped in horror as Yugi agreed to the duel. Asunta only watched the ongoing conversation and followed them all to the castle roof to watch the duel between Seto Kaiba and Yugi Muto.

"We'll use my duel disks this time." Seto threw the second Duel Disk to Yugi after he switched to Yami Yugi.

A/N: Well obviously, they get into the duel that took place in the series...I'll type up a quick summary of the duel in the next chapter. Currently, I'm having trouble with this story cause now I gotta make up duels...the math...calculations...card research...AAH!!!

Disclaimer (continued): I don't own this portion of Warning by Incubus.

I suggest we
Learn to love ourselves
Before it's made illegal
When will we learn
When will we change
Just in
time to see it
All come down