Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ Fatalis Tenebra ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: YAY!!! Another Latin title! Although my Latin really does suck I mean A LOT and I have a MAJOR grammar problem when it comes to Latin...it means "Fated Darkness"…or something like that…I hope...

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh, I own my plot and characters...blah, blah, bleh...

Seto: ...that last chapter hardly had anything to do with me...

UltimaWitch: ...well, it was hard to write...

Mokuba: ...(he's gonna try to bribe you again)...

UltimaWitch: O.O;

Seto: If I let you...

UltimaWitch: AAHH!!! SHUTTUP!!! You know I'd give into your boyish charms!!! YOU'RE EVIL!!! I thought you changed...

Seto: ......

Mokuba: ...aww...come on Seto, don't hate her! (She's a witch, you don't wanna hate her...)

Seto: ...

UltimaWitch: *runs away crying* AHHH!!! Seto doesn't love me back!!! I HATE YOU!!!

Seto: ...good...

UltimaWitch: I DIDN'T MEAN IT!!! YOU'RE A MEANIE!!!!! I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF FOR REAL THIS TIME!!! *runs to the window of the last floor of Kaiba Corp. building*

Seto: HEY WAIT!!!

UltimaWitch: *jumps...but is tackled by Seto*

Mokuba: ...err...GAWD...if she wasn't the author than maybe...anyway, here's the chappie!!!

A/N: ...erm...*sniff*...he's a meanie...*sniff* This chapter was something *sniff* I put a lot of thought to so *sniff* don't think it sux...*sniff* please...*sniff*

symbol stuff...sure you know it all by now...

Fatalis Tenebra

Asunta was still crying. Mokuba was more scared than ever, and Seto couldn't believe that he went so far.

"...why...? Is it this man so cruel enough as to kill someone for knowledge...?" she asked, still afraid but she eased on her tears.

Seto held her close, trying to comfort her, "We have to find Yugi and the others...". And with those words, they stood up and left.

* * *

The duel continues...

LP: Siri: 700 Yugi: 600

Siri: ...waiting... [looks to the side impatiently and imitates foot taps, \she's still floating\]

Yugi: [draws a card] Hmm...and now, I play the one magic card that will win this for me...Dark Hole...

Siri: AHH!!! NO!

Yugi: Oh yes...and now I activate it!

Siri: NO, NO, NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yugi: This card has the power to eliminate ALL cards on the field...and your Mystical Elf is sent to the graveyard along with every other card...

Siri: [starts wailing] NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!

(all cards are destroyed)

Yugi: Your move, Siri...

Siri: ...aww...you ruined EVERYTHING!!! I HATE you!!!!! [continues to wail]

Yugi: ...

Siri: ...[still wailing] I forfeit...YA HAPPY!?!?!?

Joey: ...that was...easy...

(the field disappears...)

"Don't rub it in...he got lucky...if he didn't draw that card in enough moves, he would've been toast!!!" Siri said, sniffling. "I'M TELLING PEGASUS!!!!!" she screamed and teleported out of the room.

"That's one c-reepy girl..." Tristan said.

"Naw, really Tristan..." Joey said sarcastically. "Obviously the kid's got issues..."

Just then, Seto, Mokuba, and Asunta entered the room. Yugi transformed into normal Yugi again and asked, "Hey, did you see Lillis anywhere?".

Asunta looked away, and Mokuba looked down. "She's dead..." Asunta whispered.

Everyone gasped in horror. "What happened...?" Tea asked.

"She was shot by one Pegasus' men..."

No one wanted to ask more. So they left the room. Later, they made their way to the roof of the castle (I don't know how or why...this scene works better this way though) only to find Pegasus arrive. He came in his own helicopter and stepped out. Siri appeared right next to him and whined, "Yugi was the one that destroyed my cards!!! KILL HIM!!! KILL HIM!!! TAKE HIS SOUL AWAY!!!!!" she wailed some more and begged persistently for him to do something bad to them all.

"...that's enough little Siri...go to your room for now..." he said, and signaled for her to leave.

"...yes sir..." she said obediently and gave Yugi a raspberry, then teleported off.

"Well now...I see I have underestimated you all a bit..."

"Why are you doing this?!!" normal Yugi ordered.

"I'm bored, I want all of the Millennium Items, and I want Omega...there, good enough for you?"

"Well, I assumed that someone of your class would at least know that you don't always get everything that you want...but knowing that you're such a spoiled brat...I guess I assumed wrong..." Mai mocked him. Then she gave a triumphant smile.

Pegasus' face went blank. "...greedy people are different young lady..." he said. It was all he could think of. "Well, now, if you would all just cooperate with me, then less people would get hurt in the process, correct? I'm sure you know what I mean, Asunta..."

Then she shot him a death glare. There was more malice in her eyes than ever now. She wanted this man dead.

"Come, Wiccan...I can grant you your desire..." a voice in her mind said. "Let your mind be free of weak feelings such as pity, and let me do the deed for you...". The voice was a woman's voice. Asunta couldn't hold back any longer. "It is done...and I shall be me once more..." the voice continued.

Asunta closed her eyes and sank to the ground, trying not to fall over. Now everyone saw.

"I know you hear my thoughts, let Her takeover now...She is stronger than you will ever be, so don't bother resisting..." Pegasus said to Asunta telepathically. "You can't win...no matter how hard you try..."

Asunta opened her eyes and saw her past. She was hallucinating.

*flashback*

"Mother...? Where are you taking us?" she saw an image of her younger self.

"Somewhere far from here..."

Then the scene switched to a forest-like area. She saw her mother with a younger image of herself once again.

"…whatever happens…don't let him find you…stay hidden until Maggie comes…all right, be a good girl for Mommy…" the woman said with tears in her eyes. She hid the younger Asunta in the bushes somewhere and ran off, only to be caught by a familiar-looking man.

"Come out Asunta…give the card to me!!!" he yelled. The he drew out a gun, "Or your mother dies!"

"NO!!! Whatever you do! Stay there!" she called out.

She didn't appear. "COME ON! Get out here!" he yelled. He pointed his weapon at the woman's head. "If you don't be a good little girl an come out, I SWEAR I'LL KILL HER!!!" The girl still didn't appear. Then he pulled the trigger…

*end flashback*

"NO! MOTHER!!!" Asunta shouted. She ran to the ledge of the castle, to the image of her mother.

"Hey, WAIT! ASUNTA!!!" Seto yelled. He ran after her.

Everyone watched as the troubled girl attempted to jump off the building. Seto caught her just in time. She struggled to get free from his hold. "No, let go! I have to save her!!!" she kept calling out. "No…Mother…Mother!!!" she yelled, her endless tears started flowing once more. She dropped to the ground, trying to erase the image from her mind.

They only watched her. Seto watched her. "She died, she was killed, trying to protect me…he killed her…" she began whispering. "He killed her," she said again but louder. "YOU KILLED HER!!!" she screamed at Pegasus. "YOU KILLED MY MOTHER!!!!!"

Pegasus laughed. "You remember now, do you…? That's right…I did it…but now, you can prevent more unfortunate accidents from happening by simply telling me what I want to hear…"

"She died because of you, then Lillis…you bastard…" she said, calming down.

"Yes, let me guide your way…your anger is rising…let me free…!" the voice kept encouraging.

Asunta began to glow. She lost herself completely to the unseen power. "Childish fools…" she said. "A mere mortal such as yourself can never control me!"

Yugi then suddenly switched to Yami. "She's possessed," he thought. "KAIBA, GET AWAY FROM HER!!!" he shouted.

He shot a confused look at Yami Yugi and looked back at Asunta. She looked back at him and with a wave from her hand, she lifted him. (Like that cool way Sorceress Edea did to the Deling guy in FFVIII!) It felt like he was being strangled, then she said, "Don't think that even you can save her...". Then she waved her hand again and he was thrown to the side where he landed in front of Yugi and everyone.

"Big brother!" Mokuba yelled, running to him.

"The Millennium Items are of no importance to me...I only want what rightfully belongs to me...the Absolute Destroyer...however...it is only this wiccan child that knows such knowledge of where it is located."

"...I tried to make her talk..." Pegasus started talking again.

"Silence...hmm, no matter...I will find that card on my own...you mortals are of no use to me!" she said. Then she smiled, "...you all must be wondering who I am..."

(Yami) Yugi was the only one who knew who the person standing in front of them was.

"I'm sure the Pharaoh can tell you...but all I can say is that I am the reincarnation of what you know as Cosmo Queen," she said. "I am the girl's anger, her rage, her grief...I am her savior...you see, I am the wiccan girl you know...but then again, I was only born from her sinful feelings...she couldn't admit to anyone that I existed, I, Cosmo Queen...but how wrong that naive child was!" she continued. "I have no use for you fools..."

"You were confined once before...how were you able to escape...?" Yami asked her.

Everyone else was clueless.

"I am the great deity that rules over the stars!!! I am almighty...I am a goddess! A being with absolute power such as I cannot be confined forever! How would you speak for yourself, Pharaoh?"

He stared at her vengeful look. "...I will see to it that you will never reek chaos again..." he said to her telepathically. His puzzle glowed now and the light blinded the wiccan. "YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE YOUR CONDEMNATION AGAIN!!!" he called and he seemed to have casted some kind of spell. A glowing circle surrounded the possessed girl. She was refrained from moving.

Asunta struggled to get free. "...Yugi...ahh...LET ME GO!!!" she shouted. At the same time, she tried to suppress Cosmo Queen's power. A wave of energy surged from her. Everyone was still watching. Yami Yugi tried to fight back but failed (YES! I said failed!!!). The spell was destroyed, the circle shattered, and Asunta teleported away.

"This may be a bit more complicated as I thought..." Pegasus said in his mind. Then he went back to Yugi. "Let's begin the tournament shall we...? You all obviously got back what you came for, so why not show some dueling spirit?"

Tea, Joey, Tristan, and Mai thought he was absolutely insane trying to continue the competition. Yugi returned to normal and he and Bakura thought he was still planning something. Seto and Mokuba feared for their own well beings. Bandit Keith was released to also join the competition once again. It was as though none of that ever happened, but the incident was remembered, just not spoken of...

A/N: ...heehee...another dreadful TO BE CONTINUED!!! What will happen? Gee, I'm currently REALLY fresh out of ideas...anyways, review and hope you thought it wasn't too sappy!!! (Even though I thought it kinda was...) And...oi, screw this ending disclaimer...I'm sure no one gives a damn about some small insignificant part of a song...here's a part of The Remedy by Abandoned Pools.

Take this souvenir
they can't deny you were here
this
scar, always there
to medicate your fear

Then you can be the remedy
and I can be the enemy
and we can go and live as nothing
Then you can be the wannabe
and I can be the remedy
and we
can go to hell for all I care

Say this world is not so shallow
when you can beg, stea
l, or borrow
say
your breath, your soul is hollow
and it's all too much to swallow