Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Faith of Wicca ❯ Cursed Miracles ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: All right! Got this chappie up!!! Well, if you read my little commentary thingie (chap 15) then I want you to know that I've decided that I'll update whenever I get more info...so do expect the next few chapters to arrive a bit later as well...thank you!

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh, I never will, I own MY CHARACTERS, my plot too!!!

Mokuba: Took you long enough...

Seto: ...research isn't THAT bad...

UltimaWitch: You know...I AM still mad...and it's probably easy for you cause you're a hacker!

Seto: ...you're still mad...?

Mokuba: JUST SAY IT ALREADY!!!

Seto: ...no...

Mokuba: SAY THE FORBIDDEN WORD!!!

Seto: ...NEVER!!!

Mokuba: SAY IT!!!

Seto: ...*mutters* ...sorry...THERE!

Mokuba: There you go! Not so hard, now was it? I will continue to teach you the ways of politeness...just to torture you!!! MAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

UltimaWitch: Uh-huh...anyway, here's the new chapter of the second part!

A/N: ERM…iono…just read…oh, and if you know how the plot goes, take note that the summaries I read were a bit complicated, so some things are a bit inaccurate, but hey...that's good right? Don't wanna give away the ACTUAL plot to those of you waiting for it to show on WB Kids!!!

Cursed Miracles

He sat in his office, thinking...will she come back? But there was no time to wonder...uncertainty was a futile way of thinking...or so he thought. He stared at his new card, God of Obelisk. He thought about what Isis Ishtar told him the other day, she asked him to retrieve all of the God cards for her. He used the new card in simulation duels, and it was true. The legendary God cards were very unique. Each had its own specific ability and each were equally dangerous. He sat there still, devising a plan to retrieve the other two God cards. "A competition will be held…surely the duelists possessing the other God cards will show up…perfect."

A few days later the competition was announced and it would take place right in Domino City. Every duelist was given the new version of the Duel Disks and they were to follow new and more advanced rules during a duel. Yugi attended of course, so did Joey and Mai. Sitting in his room watching the announcement, was none other than Malik Ishtar. He had his own intentions for the God cards. With his Millennium Rod, he would be able to duel others without even actually being there in person. He aimed to take Obelisk and to kill the "Pharaoh". This competition would continue for a few days if necessary. Seto's main intention was to get all of the God cards and to attempt another duel against his rival, Yugi Muto.

"This plan has to work…" Seto thought to himself. He and Mokuba left the building to attend the competition, Seto was part of it all as well. After defeating many weak opponents, Seto met up with Yugi. Mokuba was excited as usual to see him.

"Kaiba...you have a Duel Disk," Yugi pointed out.

"Yeah, my brother's gonna be dueling like everyone else!" Mokuba said. "Hey, where are the others?" Mokuba asked when he noticed that Yugi was alone.

"Oh, you see, Joey's sister just arrived here and she's been at the hospital for her eye surgery," Yugi explained. "Joey's probably off eating somewhere or dueling, and Tea, Tristan, Bakura, and my grandpa are at the hospital with Serenity."

Just then, Mai happened to pass by. "Hey Yugi, you know where Joey is? I need to tell him the news about his sister," she asked.

"Oh, I don't know..."

"Well, some old guy that was with your friends asked me to tell you to tell Joey to go to the hospital right away. I'm not looking for him, you are...this is none of my business..."

"Ok then, you won't have to go look for him..."

Mokuba then asked Mai, "Umm...who is Joey's sister?"

Mai looked at the boy standing next to Seto. "Uh? Oh, I really don't know either..." Mai told him and then she smiled, "but, if you wanna see her, I'll definitely come! You're just about the cutest little guy I've ever seen!"

Mokuba blushed a bit. "...so Seto, can we, can we, can we?"

He looked at him, and nodded.

"Ok, so now we just have to find Joey then," Yugi said.

* * *

Joey's scene...

"HEY GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE FREAK!!!" Joey shouted as he chased a young boy down the street. "SOMEBODY STOP THAT LITTLE THIEF!!!!!"

"...hehehe...what a sucker...!" the kid thought and ran down an alley. He disappeared when Joey turned there.

"Hey! Didn't your mama ever tell you not to take things that don't belong to ya, kid?!?!" he asked, still really tweaked. "HEY! Get your butt out here!" he continued to yell. The alley was a dead end but it was pretty long. "THAT IS IT!!! GET YOUR LITTLE TWEARPY ASS OUT HERE OR IMA GONNA GIVE IT A GOOD WHOOPIN WHEN I GET TO IT!!!" he shouted.

There was a laugh. The voice was horribly familiar...not in a pleasant way though. "HEH-HEH-HEH!!! You fell into my trap! And now you're caught in my web!!!" the voice said, then the duelist revealed himself.

"...Weever...?" Joey asked sarcastically. "Am I supposed to be scared or something...?"

"THE NAME IS WEEVIL!!! AND YES YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SCARED!!!" he yelled back. "You took my glove at the competition...now I'm after something of yours!!!"

"Yeah...but Yugi was the one who beat you..." he replied, still VERY sarcastic. Then he shook his head and demanded, "...AWW...HEY! GIVE ME MY DECK BACK YOU LITTLE BUG FREAK!!!"

"Sure...under one condition...YOU HAVE TO DUEL ME!!! I win, I get to keep your deck! You win, you get your deck back!"

"Fine!" he agreed. Then they walked out of the dark alley and into the sunlit street.

"Hey! What about me! You promised me a rare card if I get you his deck!" the thief boy shouted.

"Ahh, bug off! I lied, you happy???" Weevil replied, shoving the kid away. Then the boy ran off, angry because of Weevil's false promise.

Then they both wagered their cards, according to the new rules, and dueled.

* * *

The search for Joey continues...

"We've been searching for ten whole minutes!!!" Mai shouted. "I thought you said he only went to get a bite!!!"

"But Mai, he was just here at this diner! He probably left to duel...you know how he eats..." Yugi tried to explain.

"Listen...this is a big waste of time...if we don't find him in the next five minutes...then forget it..." Seto said, a bit annoyed.

Yugi frowned. "Where could he be?"

Mokuba looked around. He had befriended Yugi and his friends so he was a bit worried as well. Then he heard a spunky voice with much attitude in it. It was indeed Joey's voice. "Hey guys, he's over there with some other kid!"

They all ran over to the duel. It was over with Joey as the victor. "HO YEAH!!! Not only did I win another puzzle card, but also your RAREST card, the Insect Queen!!!"

Weevil was scrunched on the ground saying, "NO!!! I was the regional champion! How did I lose to this lame-brain half-wit?!?!"

"Yeah, that's right...get used to the word `WAS' dork!" Joey taunted. "HA! I beat Weevil!!!"

"THERE you are!!! Do you know how long we had our asses up and looking for you Joseph???" Mai asked, heavily irritated.

Joey only noticed he had an audience when he heard Mai's usual rambling. He froze, his face went completely blank, and he slowly turned around. "...Mai...?" he asked slowly and fearfully.

"YOU BET IT'S ME!!! Now get your damn butt over here!!!" she kept shouting. "Listen, your friends are at the hospital with your sister..." she started talking calmly.

"YEAH? What happened to Serenity???" Joey asked, he was afraid that the surgery might have gone wrong or something.

"Oh...relax, I don't know, but it wasn't urgent...just, sudden...but I'm sure it isn't anything bad...they want you to visit her."

"Really? You mean she's ok?"

"YES! NOW LET'S GO ALREADY!!!" Mai shouted again. "It's a bit of a long walk to my car...because of you, you dork...!"

"Whoa, whoa, hold it...you have a car...?" Joey asked.

"Yeah...and a fake license..."

"Great..." he thought.

When they arrived at the hospital, everyone got out of the car. Joey was relieved to get to the hospital...alive. He was terrified by her crazy driving. But he still went in, trying not to faint. Tristan, Bakura, and Grandpa were in the waiting room.

"Hey, so what's up? And where's Tea?" Joey asked.

"Right here..." Tea said, walking in the room.

"And right here too, Big Brother..." a voice said from behind Tea. She walked out and became visible. Joey looked at her.

"Serenity...?"

"Joey...it's me, your sister, and I'm cured..." she announced, crying. She ran to her older brother and hugged him. "I really missed you Joey..."

"Yeah, I missed you too..." Joey said, almost crying as well.

"I've already met Tea, Tristan, Bakura, and Yugi's grandpa. Who are they...?" she asked, looking at the people behind him.

"Huh? Oh."

"...err...I'm Yugi," the short boy said.

"Mai here..." she said, trying to be nice.

"I'm Mokuba and this is my brother, Seto," Mokuba announced.

"Hi. I'm Serenity...Joey's sister. Nice to meet you all!" she said back. "Umm, Joey? I think you and your friends should go back to the competition...I wouldn't want to stall you..."

"Oh, that's fine..." Joey replied. "I wanna-" his statement was cut off by the sound of a team of doctors rushing through the entrance with a patient.

Everyone in the room watched the scene. The person on the stretcher was bleeding heavily.

"Poor thing..." Bakura said.

"That person looked familiar..." Yugi said.

"...that girl...!" Seto thought. He let go of Mokuba's hand and chased the stretcher.

"Hey! What's with Kaiba?" Tristan asked rhetorically.

"I think he knows exactly who that was!" Mokuba said. Then he instinctively ran after his brother with the others following behind. They stopped when they saw Seto staring into the open window of the patient's room.

Seto stared continuously, trying to see her face clearly through the many doctors blocking the view. Then the thought struck him when the girl stared blindly back at him...

A/N: Hmmm...well, that wasn't too hard...I really didn't expect the chapter to be done this early...but I can't guarantee it for the upcoming chapters...erm, also, since the summaries of Battle City are hard to find...and a bit complicated with all the new cards...I won't be creating as many dueling scenes...bummer cause I love to show it off to my stupid cousin who can never write or even think at all!!! >=D Newayz, erm...here's a part of Runaway by Linkin Park.

Graffiti decorations
Under a sky of dust
A constant wave of tension
On top of broken trust
The lessons that you taught me
I learn were never true
Now I find myself in question
(They point the finger at me again)
Guilty by association
(You point the finger at me again)

I wanna run away
Never say goodbye
I wanna know the truth
Instead of wondering why
I wanna know the answers
No more lies
I wanna shut the door
And open up my mind

Paper bags and angry voices
Under a sky of dust
Another wave of tension
Has more than filled me up
All my talk of taking action
These words were never true
Now I find myself in question
(They point the finger at me again)
Guilty by association
(You point the finger at me again)